Welcome to the Big XII

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Well, I mean I'm not going to delete it but if you're suggesting a different thread and title going forward, I've been thinking about that for a while anyway.
    Change it to Big 12 Pac 10 smackdown cage match to the death of thee.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Big 12 TV rights discussion is about to open up with ESPN and FOX. They're going early by mutual agreement. This wasn't scheduled to be done until 2024.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...elevision-deal
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Most likely to do with the PAC breaking up. Those schools want to know what their number look like from both sides before they make a decision. Networks will work to break up the PAC how they see fit

Comment

• Dodd: As a consequence of @Big12Conference starting negotiations early with rightsholders sources tell CBS Sports there are now active discussions regarding Texas and Oklahoma leaving early for the SEC.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
            Dodd: As a consequence of @Big12Conference starting negotiations early with rightsholders sources tell CBS Sports there are now active discussions regarding Texas and Oklahoma leaving early for the SEC.
            I’d go for that, presuming ESPN makes it worth enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

I’d go for that, presuming ESPN makes it worth enough.
              ESPN would LOVE to get out from under the LHN boondoggle and fold it into SEC Network early. I'm sure the money will be there.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

ESPN would LOVE to get out from under the LHN boondoggle and fold it into SEC Network early. I'm sure the money will be there.
                Any chance they can just convert it to a proper Big XII Network?

Last edited by Lobot; 09-02-2022, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Illuminerdski View Post

Any chance they can just convert it to a proper Big XII Network?

The studio is physically in Austin I believe so maybe?
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

That's a lot of money! The Big 12 was smarter than other conferences in requesting members sign a 99 year commitment in addition to GoR for tv deal. The combination of fees has been too massive as of yet. I don't see OU or Texass paying both fees even if money is there because it still doesn't pay out even with SEC tv deal with ESPN
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Saw from Jason Williams of the Enquirer that the new Big 12 commish will be in town visiting UC tomorrow and will meet with the media

Comment

• UC sent out an email on this earlier today. I’ll post it a bit later.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...egy-going-west

Big 12 commissioner Brett Yormark isn't bashful about his expansion strategy. He wants to go West.

Speaking Wednesday during a visit to future Big 12 member Cincinnati, Yormark told reporters that the league would be interested in adding members from the Pacific time zone. The new commissioner has taken a bold approach toward expansion, saying at football media days, "The Big 12 is open for business."

"Obviously, going out West is where I would like to go, entering that fourth time zone," Yormark said Wednesday.

He added of the Big 12's wish list: "A program that has national recognition, one that competes at the highest level in basketball and football, stands for the right things, is a good cultural fit."

Comment

UC sent out an email on this earlier today. I’ll post it a bit later.
                            Oops Forgot

The Cincinnati Bearcats are excited to welcome Big 12 Commissioner, Brett Yormark to campus on Wednesday, September 7 at 9:45 a.m. as a part of Cincinnati's Big 12 Welcome!

Commissioner Yormark will be greeted by student-athletes, Bearcats Spirit Squads, and faculty and staff. Brett, as well as Big 12 executive staff will enter the doors of Lindner Athletic Center at 9:45 a.m., and we encourage Bearcats Nation to come to campus and show the Big 12 what the University of Cincinnati is all about!
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Detailed write up from the Enquirer
                              https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...s/66006090007/

Comment

• And from the Athletic ($)

https://theathletic.com/3574896/2022...ormark-big-12/
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X