Welcome to the Big XII

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also Basketball from Rothstein

Sources: The Big 12 will play the following league games twice when the conference goes to 14 teams in 23-24 & 24-25 (prior to Oklahoma & Texas joining the SEC). Kansas/Kansas St Oklahoma/Oklahoma St Texas/Texas Tech Baylor/TCU Cincinnati/West Virginia Houston/UCF Iowa St/BYU
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• The Big XII is in New York with Bob Huggins Big 12 Conference Heads to New York City - Big 12 Conference (big12sports.com)

Comment

• https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...tners-espn-fox

NEW YORK -- Big 12 commissioner Brett Yormark described recent discussions with television partners ESPN and Fox as "meaningful" as the conference looks into the possibility of striking a media rights deal almost two years before the current contract expires.

"So (the conference) is not a free agent," Yormark told The Associated Press on Wednesday. "I can't go out there and talk to an Amazon or an Apple or CBS. But in a world that's changing, why don't we explore an early conversation which could, maybe, lead to a negotiation. And I can tell you that we've had meaningful conversations for the last three-plus weeks, and we'll see where they go."

The Big 12 announced in late August it planned to engage ESPN and Fox, even though the exclusive negotiating window between the conference and the networks does not open until February 2024. The Big 12's deals with the networks expire in June of that year.

"There's no timetable," Yormark said. "If we can't get to a deal, then the fallback is 16 months from now. But I'm a big fan of ESPN. I'm a big fan of Fox. We're at a point right now where it's important to elevate and amplify our brand. And I think they're the two best partners to do it."

Comment

• Please please please don't move a matchup with Oklahoma or Texas to Paycor. We need them in Nippert if only once. I wonder if we can get that point across to the UC admin that we don't like playing there

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
            Please please please don't move a matchup with Oklahoma or Texas to Paycor. We need them in Nippert if only once. I wonder if we can get that point across to the UC admin that we don't like playing there
            I believe all conference games will be at Nippert. There have been a few big name non-conference opponents at Paycor like Oklahoma and ohio state, and even a conference WVU game back in the BEast. To my knowledge, the only games at Paycor every other Miami "home game". I doubt the return Notre Dame or Nebraska games actually happen, but both should be slated to be at Nippert.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• I'll say this again. If Texas and and OU can play at TCU's Amon Carter Stadium, they can play at Nippert. After the most recent expansion, Amon Carter holds 50,307 and to be honest it's a smallish stadium even at that capacity.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Big 12 is finalizing a scheduling model that features no divisions, protects rivalries & includes Texas & OU in 23 & 24, sources tell @SINow.

Every school would play the other at least once in 2 years, which, yes, means matchups like Houston-UT & OU-Cincy
                https://www.si.com/college/2022/10/1...ionless-format

Comment

• This, of course, is tongue-in-cheek, but has anyone noticed that Brett Yormark resembles Gollum from the Lord of the Rings trilogy?

Comment

• A little bit more on the TV contract negotiations from Adam Zagoria. Beware of multiple ads,pop ups, etc. because Forbes

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamzag...h=b4dfa336e818
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• As it transitions from a conference defined by five states with a combined population of a little more than 40 million to one that includes eight states and a combined population of 76.5 million, the Big 12 Conference has contracted with a nationally known creative agency to “contemporize” its brand and broaden its appeal to a younger, more diverse audience.

Big 12 hires creative agency to elevate brand nationally | The Journal Record

The Big 12 just doubled its population.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                        This, of course, is tongue-in-cheek, but has anyone noticed that Brett Yormark resembles Gollum from the Lord of the Rings trilogy?
                        I've been trying to make this work all week and I don't see it. Lol
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                          As it transitions from a conference defined by five states with a combined population of a little more than 40 million to one that includes eight states and a combined population of 76.5 million, the Big 12 Conference has contracted with a nationally known creative agency to “contemporize” its brand and broaden its appeal to a younger, more diverse audience.

Big 12 hires creative agency to elevate brand nationally | The Journal Record

The Big 12 just doubled its population.
                          Giving the Big 12 all of Utah, Ohio, and Florida is a bit generous. They admittedly are the only shows in those five states, except in Texas where they compete with a very healthy A&M.
                          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Giving the Big 12 all of Utah, Ohio, and Florida is a bit generous. They admittedly are the only shows in those five states, except in Texas where they compete with a very healthy A&M.
                            I get that and agree with it. It is the same as giving Iowa State the entire state. I just thought it interesting to see marketing in action. However, UC had done a tremendous job in growing its fan base (winning has a way of doing that).

Comment

• Here's the whole interview with Yormark from yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9qOUBMpY24
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Just ran across this from Ari Temkkin, an ESPNU and Kansas broadcaster……

Brett Yormark said a decision on a new TV agreement "will be made in the next week or two," with the @Big12Conference.

Seems like Big 12 could be trending towards extending current partnership with FOX and ESPN as opposed to taking rights to the open market.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X