Welcome to the Big XII

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Just ran across this from Ari Temkkin, an ESPNU and Kansas broadcaster……

Brett Yormark said a decision on a new TV agreement "will be made in the next week or two," with the @Big12Conference.

Seems like Big 12 could be trending towards extending current partnership with FOX and ESPN as opposed to taking rights to the open market.
    Interesting that he believes the value of the contract will actually go up.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...tter-of-weeks/

Comment

• Originally posted by GangstaTakester View Post

Interesting that he believes the value of the contract will actually go up.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...tter-of-weeks/
      The value may just go up because of the competition. These games will mean everything week in and week out. I suspect that Texas and Oklahoma will go the same route as Nebraska. Great money but irrelevant in terms of winning. Heck, those two teams cannot even compete in the Big 12 right now.

Comment

• The more articles I read, the higher the per school payout is. I've seen anywhere from 33M to 60M per school over the course of 5 articles. The higher the number gets, the more suspect it is IMO. I think we might get lucky to hit 40M but anything is an improvement over 7M
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The more articles I read, the higher the per school payout is. I've seen anywhere from 33M to 60M per school over the course of 5 articles. The higher the number gets, the more suspect it is IMO. I think we might get lucky to hit 40M but anything is an improvement over 7M
          The $33M being tossed around would be strictly from Disney/Fox. There are other sources of income that potentially push each school's receipts much higher.

Comment

• Ourand at SBJ is indicating the total package is 400M for the conference for Tier 1 and 2 rights. This does not appear include postseason or championship cuts from those events.

The question is how this gets divided and when it takes effect. If it’s after Texas and OU depart then we’re talking 33M per school.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I was really looking forward to $40M or above. I guess that there are lower tiers that may get some revenue. Also, the conference can wait for a year and reopen the negotiations.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                I was really looking forward to $40M or above. I guess that there are lower tiers that may get some revenue. Also, the conference can wait for a year and reopen the negotiations.
                I think you're going to get that with the shares of postseason $ in this conference. In all sports. the $33M is strictly TV rights
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Ourand at SBJ is indicating the total package is 400M for the conference for Tier 1 and 2 rights. This does not appear include postseason or championship cuts from those events.

The question is how this gets divided and when it takes effect. If it’s after Texas and OU depart then we’re talking 33M per school.
                  My understanding is that this is being handled as an extension, with all changes occurring at the end of the current agreement.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

My understanding is that this is being handled as an extension, with all changes occurring at the end of the current agreement.
                    It’s tiered from what I learned today. We don’t get a full share until the new contract kicks in. And to your point, that’s now my understanding as well.

In any case, it’s all better than 7M
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

In any case, it’s all better than 7M
                      And better than the $750,000 per school in the Mack.

Comment

• NEWS: The Big 12 has agreed to a six-year, $2.28 billion media rights deal with ESPN and Fox Sports, per @Ourand_SBJ.

The extension will bring in $380M a year — a $160M increase from its current deal.

https://sportsbusinessjournal.com/SB...-ESPN-Fox.aspx

Comment

• Will be interesting to see the details of the deal come out... specifically what happens when we add PAC schools

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                            NEWS: The Big 12 has agreed to a six-year, $2.28 billion media rights deal with ESPN and Fox Sports, per @Ourand_SBJ.

The extension will bring in $380M a year — a $160M increase from its current deal.

https://sportsbusinessjournal.com/SB...-ESPN-Fox.aspx
                            My math is bad but I've got that at 31.6M per team per year not including post season money . This is an extension of the existing contract. My understanding is that the four new schools are not getting a full share until UT and OU are out. Regardless, it's way more than the AAC was giving us.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• McMurphy reporting that's it's 50M per school after the postseason stuff. This is actually more than the existing payout per school by 8M
                              Last edited by Lobot; 11-01-2022, 05:11 PM.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• This says that Yormark reached a good deal.
                                Big 12 deal to pull in just under $31.7 million for each school (usatoday.com)

And that the Big 12 got a significant raise. Big 12 agrees to new TV deal with ESPN, Fox (yahoo.com)
                                Last edited by bearcatbret; 10-31-2022, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X