No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Big XII

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing on my wish list as related to any TV rights discussion. If a game is only available on a streaming platform like ESPN+ or similar, it would be nice if the game was at available in the home market. If the game is on cable, you could at least go somewhere that would show the game. That is not an option with games that are streamed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Illuminerdski View Post
      One thing on my wish list as related to any TV rights discussion. If a game is only available on a streaming platform like ESPN+ or similar, it would be nice if the game was at available in the home market. If the game is on cable, you could at least go somewhere that would show the game. That is not an option with games that are streamed.
      I think it would be costly for a local channel like Fox19 or WLWT5 to pay ESPN for rights to broadcast a game. The point for going after the moarkets is to force people in those markets to subscribe to the streaming service and airing the game on local channel, even a regional FXOhio ro regional ESPN channels (were they to exist) would defeat the purpose. A cheaper option is an afternoon at BW-3 or a local sports pub.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I think it would be costly for a local channel like Fox19 or WLWT5 to pay ESPN for rights to broadcast a game. The point for going after the moarkets is to force people in those markets to subscribe to the streaming service and airing the game on local channel, even a regional FXOhio ro regional ESPN channels (were they to exist) would defeat the purpose. A cheaper option is an afternoon at BW-3 or a local sports pub.
        I'm all for going to bw3, or local sports pub. If the game is on an actual cable channel, that is an option. I was just saying with streaming, those games usually aren't at your local pub.

Comment

• Originally posted by Illuminerdski View Post
          I'm all for going to bw3, or local sports pub. If the game is on an actual cable channel, that is an option. I was just saying with streaming, those games usually aren't at your local pub.
          I'm guessing a lot of places will go to FOX Sports GO or ESPN+ as a streaming option eventually. Cable and satellite aren't coming back.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• All the pub needs is a 4K 45” TV and a Verizon phone (ESPN+ free). I’m surprised more pubs aren’t cutting the cord and satellite services. When we did, we dropped from 175 monthly to 75.00 and have more options than we ever had. A bonus…..less commercials.

Comment

• More Yormark with the incomparable Dan Hoard

https://twitter.com/GoBEARCATS/statu...77342606393351
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ll-sources-say

The Big 12 is finalizing a deal to hire Scott Draper of the American Athletic Conference as the league's new vice president in charge of football, sources told ESPN on Monday.

Draper spent the last eight seasons running football at the AAC, where he served as the primary contact for the league's coaches and administers. His job at the AAC included everything from scheduling to officiating to operations, bowl relationships and the conference championship game.

Draper will take over for Ed Stewart, who left the Big 12 for a high-ranking role in the athletic department at USC after 16 years as the league's top football administrator.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                  https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ll-sources-say

The Big 12 is finalizing a deal to hire Scott Draper of the American Athletic Conference as the league's new vice president in charge of football, sources told ESPN on Monday.

Draper spent the last eight seasons running football at the AAC, where he served as the primary contact for the league's coaches and administers. His job at the AAC included everything from scheduling to officiating to operations, bowl relationships and the conference championship game.

Draper will take over for Ed Stewart, who left the Big 12 for a high-ranking role in the athletic department at USC after 16 years as the league's top football administrator.
                  Draper is a total zero in my eyes. His solution to scheduling this season, was to take last season's schedule and swap location. I can't believe he is getting paid for such a BS job! This will be the 3rd straight season Houston avoids playing us. I'm also less than wowed by the Bowl tie ins the AAC has. Thumbs down on this turd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barklee View Post

Draper is a total zero in my eyes. His solution to scheduling this season, was to take last season's schedule and swap location. I can't believe he is getting paid for such a BS job! This will be the 3rd straight season Houston avoids playing us. I'm also less than wowed by the Bowl tie ins the AAC has. Thumbs down on this turd.
                    The scheduling is weak at best, but the bowl tie-ins are based more on what is available than Draper.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Oklahoma and OSU will no longer have the Bedlam rivalry because of realignment. Another rivalry bites the dust.
                      Major College Football Rivalry Is Ending Because Of Conference Realignment (msn.com)

Comment

• I think that was the only rivalry longer than Uc vs. Miami.

Comment

• That stinks but it’s not the first time for something like that. Texas and A&M have been on hiatus since TAMU moved to the SEC. They’re getting the SWC band back together coming up in a season or so.

I thought UC Miami were the longest west of the Allegheny mountains and Rutgers or Harvard and Yale were older but I’m probably wrong.
                          Last edited by Lobot; 09-28-2022, 10:16 AM.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• "Big 12 Commissioner Brett Yormark has announced the hiring of Tyrel Kirkham, Chief Marketing Officer and Clark Williams, Associate Vice President – Brand Communications to lead marketing, cultural & business initiatives"

Kirkham was the Detroit Pistons' VP of Brand and Marketing strategy, while Williams also worked for the Pistons as associate VP of brand communications.

Comment

• The conference has a new media company and part of the deal is sports wagering.

https://big12sports.com/news/2022/9/...-strategy.aspx
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Well, Well. The big has confirmed 14 teams for 2023 and the schedule will be released in November. #SendTexastoNippert
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X