Welcome to the Big XII

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Well, WVU and UC are the only schools within a 10 hour drive of Rucker Park.
    Leaving from here I'd like you to let me know how many speeding tickets you accumulate to make Rucker in 10 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by richard k. View Post

Leaving from here I'd like you to let me know how many speeding tickets you accumulate to make Rucker in 10 hours.
      None. I’ve done it more than once.

Comment

• Copying this from a Facebook post by Lott Hall, KState fan. It is great analysis and this is best place to share.

Hopefully, Flory becomes the Bearcats 4th number 1 Draft pick.

There are only 19 schools that have produced more than one Number 1 NBA draft pick. KU, K-State, WVU, and Houston with 2 each and Cincinnati with 3 are the Big 12 teams with more than 1 each.

KU (2) with Danny Manning (1988) and Andrew Wiggins (2014). - Wilt Chamberlain left KU early before eligible for NBA to join Harlem Globtrotters then went #2 in NBA draft in 1959.

K-State (2) with Howie Shannon (1949) and Bob Boozer (1954) - Michael Beasley was #2 pick in 2008.

WVU (2) with Mark Workman (1952) and Hot Rod Huntley (1957) - Jerry West, the player on NBA logo was #2 pick in 1960. Rod Thorn (1963) was also #2 pick.

Cincinnati (3) with Oscar Robertson (1960), Tom Thacker (1963), and Kenyon Martin (2000) - Paul Hogue (1962) and Jiff Wilson (1964) were #2 picks.

Houston (2) with Elvin Hayes (1968) and Hakeem Olajuwon (1984) - Otis Birdsong (1977) was #2 pick

The NBA started in 1946 with first draft in 1947. There are 353 Division 1 basketball teams in 36 divisions and 76 teams in Power 6 (including Big East) and several powerful mid-majors like Gonzaga, Houston, and Cincinnati.

Number 1 picks:
        Duke 5
        Kentucky 3
        Cincinnati 3
        K-State 2
        North Carolina 2
        UCLA 2
        KU 2
        Indiana 2
        Michigan 2
        Maryland 2
        UNLV 2
        LSU 2
        Georgetown 2
        Utah 2
        Houston 2
        Purdue 2
        WVU 2
        UTEP 2
        Duquesne 2
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
          Copying this from a Facebook post by Lott Hall, KState fan. It is great analysis and this is best place to share.

Hopefully, Flory becomes the Bearcats 4th number 1 Draft pick.

There are only 19 schools that have produced more than one Number 1 NBA draft pick. KU, K-State, WVU, and Houston with 2 each and Cincinnati with 3 are the Big 12 teams with more than 1 each.

KU (2) with Danny Manning (1988) and Andrew Wiggins (2014). - Wilt Chamberlain left KU early before eligible for NBA to join Harlem Globtrotters then went #2 in NBA draft in 1959.

K-State (2) with Howie Shannon (1949) and Bob Boozer (1954) - Michael Beasley was #2 pick in 2008.

WVU (2) with Mark Workman (1952) and Hot Rod Huntley (1957) - Jerry West, the player on NBA logo was #2 pick in 1960. Rod Thorn (1963) was also #2 pick.

Cincinnati (3) with Oscar Robertson (1960), Tom Thacker (1963), and Kenyon Martin (2000) - Paul Hogue (1962) and Jiff Wilson (1964) were #2 picks.

Houston (2) with Elvin Hayes (1968) and Hakeem Olajuwon (1984) - Otis Birdsong (1977) was #2 pick

The NBA started in 1946 with first draft in 1947. There are 353 Division 1 basketball teams in 36 divisions and 76 teams in Power 6 (including Big East) and several powerful mid-majors like Gonzaga, Houston, and Cincinnati.

Number 1 picks:
          Duke 5
          Kentucky 3
          Cincinnati 3
          K-State 2
          North Carolina 2
          UCLA 2
          KU 2
          Indiana 2
          Michigan 2
          Maryland 2
          UNLV 2
          LSU 2
          Georgetown 2
          Utah 2
          Houston 2
          Purdue 2
          WVU 2
          UTEP 2
          Duquesne 2
          Tom Thacker the only player to win a NCAA Championship, NBA Championship (Celtics) and ABA Championship (Pacers.) He still lives here locally.

Comment

• HAPPY FRIDAY
            Bob Huggins: Cincinnati, other Big 12 additions have 'no idea what they're getting into'

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...o/70066858007/

"You want the honest answer?" Huggins told the Field of 68's "After Dark." "I feel sorry for them. They have absolutely no idea what they're getting into. This is - I've been in a lot of leagues. And I've been in a lot of leagues with the best coaches in America and with the best players in America. And I'm telling you right now the hardest league that I've ever coached in - ever - and the best fanbases. You go in and they may be 3-17 and they've got 14,000 people sitting there. … It's unbelievable. The fan support. How good the players are. How good the coaching is. It is such a hard, hard league. And you've got to go through it twice. And I'm gonna tell you - they're not ready for that."

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
              HAPPY FRIDAY
              Bob Huggins: Cincinnati, other Big 12 additions have 'no idea what they're getting into'

"You want the honest answer?" Huggins told the Field of 68's "After Dark." "I feel sorry for them. They have absolutely no idea what they're getting into. This is - I've been in a lot of leagues. And I've been in a lot of leagues with the best coaches in America and with the best players in America. And I'm telling you right now the hardest league that I've ever coached in - ever - and the best fanbases. You go in and they may be 3-17 and they've got 14,000 people sitting there. … It's unbelievable. The fan support. How good the players are. How good the coaching is. It is such a hard, hard league. And you've got to go through it twice. And I'm gonna tell you - they're not ready for that."
              i've seen that quote before, it seems like, months ago. i do agree about how tough the B12 is / will be. But, I think that, at this point, UC and the other newcomers are fully aware of what they're getting into.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                HAPPY FRIDAY

Pity aside, I think we know what we're getting into, but the experience will still be shocking the first few rounds. Barring some portal surprises or a recruiting hit on multiple one-and-done type Super-Frosh, we will take our lumps. The best talent on the team will be underclassmen, and the experience will not be without growing pains. Year two in the Big 12 will still be a struggle, but those youngsters will have matured quickly and year 3 the Bearcats should be competitive with the upper tier teams, though maybe not quite an upper tier team, yet. I like what Wes has accomplished thus far and believe he will be up for this challange.

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Pity aside, I think we know what we're getting into, but the experience will still be shocking the first few rounds. Barring some portal surprises or a recruiting hit on multiple one-and-done type Super-Frosh, we will take our lumps. The best talent on the team will be underclassmen, and the experience will not be without growing pains. Year two in the Big 12 will still be a struggle, but those youngsters will have matured quickly and year 3 the Bearcats should be competitive with the upper tier teams, though maybe not quite an upper tier team, yet. I like what Wes has accomplished thus far and believe he will be up for this challange.
                  I have not seen Wes accomplish anything so far and losing (possibly) the 2 top scorers spells doom for next year. My over and under on wins in the XII is 3 and I am taking the under.

Comment

• Originally posted by hipal88 View Post

I have not seen Wes accomplish anything so far and losing (possibly) the 2 top scorers spells doom for next year. My over and under on wins in the XII is 3 and I am taking the under.
                    Until we see how many games we play against WVU, UCF, BYU, and Oklahoma - I can't take the under on 3 until schedule is at least released. Wes won 40 games and got this team to the NIT and surpassed expectations for both last year and this year. Granted the expectations were really low and not to UC standards, but those teams were streaky good and bad. He was two 4 star recruits on the roster (recruited to UC) and one other recruited to UNCG (Hensley), plus two 4 star recruits and a top JUCO PG next year. Wes still played JD too much in my opinion, but got JD to buy into playing off the bench. Next year will be a regression in the win/loss column no matter what happens in the portal. The competition is there. Tell me what you haven't seen from Wes, that you think another coach could've given us?

Comment

• Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post

i've seen that quote before, it seems like, months ago. i do agree about how tough the B12 is / will be. But, I think that, at this point, UC and the other newcomers are fully aware of what they're getting into.
                      Also, Bob has complained about the travel aspects of being in the Big 12. When enough coaches complain, there may be two or three mega conferences that are regionally based.

Comment

• If we're standing pat with the same roster minus the three who have exhausted their availability, and Nolley potentially gone, coupled with this staff's luck with the portal I'm inclined to go with the under on three wins as well, schedule unseen. Either the evaluations of players is severely lacking or we have been terribly stricken with bad luck. It took Dan Hurley 4 years to being UConn out of obscurity with or without unscrupulous method only He and God knows. At the rate we are progressing we are going to dwell at the bottom of the B12 for a long while.

Comment

• I expect we will take our lumps next year but I'm still excited to get into a conference that will test us and show us exactly where we stand. When we get to the point we can hold our own in the Big 12 we are much better positioned to make the tournament and have some success.There is a lot of opportunities for quality wins unlike the AAC. I'm tired of being in a conference where if you don't finish 1 or 2 you are likely out of the tournament. We will quickly see what kind of a coach Miller is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gmann View Post
                            I expect we will take our lumps next year but I'm still excited to get into a conference that will test us and show us exactly where we stand. When we get to the point we can hold our own in the Big 12 we are much better positioned to make the tournament and have some success.There is a lot of opportunities for quality wins unlike the AAC. I'm tired of being in a conference where if you don't finish 1 or 2 you are likely out of the tournament. We will quickly see what kind of a coach Miller is.
                            Good call. I could have not agreed more on the Miller call. We will see if Miller can recruit some BIG 12 players and get some wins in the BIG 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by leeraymond View Post

Good call. I could have not agreed more on the Miller call. We will see if Miller can recruit some BIG 12 players and get some wins in the BIG 12.
                              You would think, and I hope, that the recruiting will get a nice positive push going into the Big XII. We'll see but if UConn is any indication, getting away from the AAC should help the boats rise in this regard.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• New court design, as announced by UC

https://gobearcats.com/news/2023/4/4...athletics.aspx
                                University of Cincinnati Director of Athletics John Cunningham announced on Tuesday a transformative investment from Dave and Wendy Herche to the Day One Ready Campaign to prepare the Bearcats to compete for championships in the Big 12.

https://gobearcats.com/images/2023/4...=80&format=jpg
                                Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-04-2023, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X