No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Big XII

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a podcast interview with Jon Canzano today, Brett Yormark confirmed that all twelve future B12 schools signed the GOR. The schools and conference had been silent previously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I'm curious how they are going to distirbute that $50M per school exit money. I'm kind of guessing UC won't get any of it but if we do, it would be a windfall amount for us.
      From what I've read, the bulk of the money will be tv distributions that UT-Austin and OU are releasing, and that money will go to the original 8 to offset loss of revenue. All of the original schoools were going to take a less than full share of tv revenue to give partial shares to the new schools, and this money will help make the orginal schools shares whole again. In a way this is a windfall for the new schools in that the higher partial shares probably wouldn't have been so big without some anticipation of then negotiating a 2024 exit to the SEC schools.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        SI reports that Yormark stating the Big 12 will aggressively pursue expansion.

Welcome to Arizona.
        PEr the John and Jon podcast interview, Yormark was adamant about pursuing 4th time zone, i.e. Pacific Coast time zone, and Arizona in on Mountain time. When the first Pac10 school applies, I think 8 others will also apply, seeing Big 10 hopes fade into nothingness, leaving Cal standing alone on principle. Yormark and the Big 12 will be able to pick and choose the cream, i.e. Oregon, Washington, Utah, and one other.

In addition to the interview, various news sources are reporting networks are backing out of Pac10 negotiations and Amazon only wants the game of the week.

https://www.si.com/college/usc/footb...ight-deal-done

https://www.outkick.com/pac-12-cbs-o...-negotiations/
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• 10 Big 12 Stories heading into Spring -
          10 Big 12 storylines for spring: Is Texas back? How can TCU replace its offense? (msn.com)

Comment

• https://gobearcats.com/news/2023/3/7...gn-update.aspx

The University of Cincinnati's July 1 debut in the Big 12 Conference is fast approaching and support for student-athletes continues its strong momentum, with more than $84 million raised as part of the Day One Ready Campaign.

Since a public launch in November 2021, Day One Ready has been marching steadily toward its $100 million fundraising goal to ensure UC's more than 450 student-athletes are well positioned to compete and win as the Bearcats enter this new era as a Power 5 school.

Comment

• To steal a phrase from one of our members.... "This sounds groovy." Starts off talking Big 12 basketball. Big 12 readies to pounce on Four Corners schools as doubt creeps in about Pac-12's viability - CBSSports.com

Comment

• https://twitter.com/Big12Conference/...56628759212032

Comment

• https://big12sports.com/news/2023/3/...y-in-2024.aspx

The Big 12 and the NFL today announced a partnership to launch the Big 12 Pro Day, a reimagined Pro Day experience with state of the art medical and player skill assessments designed to maximize the student-athlete prospect experience.

The Big 12 Pro Day, debuting in spring of 2024 at Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, Texas will be the first-ever conference-wide pro day, replacing and advancing traditional on-campus pro days. The event will showcase Big 12 football talent at a world-class facility, providing maximum exposure for Big 12 student-athletes as they prepare for their professional careers.

Comment

• Didn't know a better place to put it, but the old basketball court (with AAC logos) is gone!

https://twitter.com/GoBEARCATS/statu...83688008548353

Comment

• Deleted - wrong thread.

Comment

• Big 12 Conference Announces New Programming Series Coming To New York City Parks’ Iconic Rucker Park

https://big12sports.com/news/2023/3/23/big-12-conference-announces-new-programming-series-coming-to-new-york-city-parks-iconic-rucker-park.aspx

... The partnership will see the Big 12 operate youth clinics at Rucker Park for local youth in grades six and below. The clinics will be held across multiple days and will be led by head coaches from both men’s and women’s Big 12 basketball programs. Participating coaches will be named at a later date.

Additionally, the Big 12 Conference will host men’s and women’s summer exhibition games at Rucker Park, pending NCAA approval. The Big 12 is also planning a variety of entertainment enhancements and community engagements throughout the Conference’s Rucker Park activations.

“Rucker Park is one of the great landmarks in basketball and is a cultural icon – we are excited to be able to bring Big 12 Basketball to its court,” said Commissioner Brett Yormark. “We are committed to growing the Conference’s footprint in a variety of ways, and we want kids across New York City to experience Big 12 Basketball first-hand.”
                        Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-23-2023, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                          Big 12 Conference Announces New Programming Series Coming To New York City Parks’ Iconic Rucker Park

https://big12sports.com/news/2023/3/23/big-12-conference-announces-new-programming-series-coming-to-new-york-city-parks-iconic-rucker-park.aspx

... The partnership will see the Big 12 operate youth clinics at Rucker Park for local youth in grades six and below. The clinics will be held across multiple days and will be led by head coaches from both men’s and women’s Big 12 basketball programs. Participating coaches will be named at a later date.

Additionally, the Big 12 Conference will host men’s and women’s summer exhibition games at Rucker Park, pending NCAA approval. The Big 12 is also planning a variety of entertainment enhancements and community engagements throughout the Conference’s Rucker Park activations.

“Rucker Park is one of the great landmarks in basketball and is a cultural icon – we are excited to be able to bring Big 12 Basketball to its court,” said Commissioner Brett Yormark. “We are committed to growing the Conference’s footprint in a variety of ways, and we want kids across New York City to experience Big 12 Basketball first-hand.”
                          Despite having been gone from the area a significant period, as a native New Yorker I have always taken pride in both the quantity and especially the quality of high school basketball/players in the Greater New York City area. Because of that talent pool I understand Yormark's effort to showcase the Big12 and perhaps make recruiting a little easier - but if I have my geography correct, aside perhaps from W. VA there are almost entire conferences closer to NY than the rest of the Big12.

Comment

• Originally posted by richard k. View Post

Despite having been gone from the area a significant period, as a native New Yorker I have always taken pride in both the quantity and especially the quality of high school basketball/players in the Greater New York City area. Because of that talent pool I understand Yormark's effort to showcase the Big12 and perhaps make recruiting a little easier - but if I have my geography correct, aside perhaps from W. VA there are almost entire conferences closer to NY than the rest of the Big12.
                            Well, WVU and UC are the only schools within a 10 hour drive of Rucker Park.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Well, WVU and UC are the only schools within a 10 hour drive of Rucker Park.
                              until BY picks off a couple of BE schools

Comment

• Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post

until BY picks off a couple of BE schools
                                Who wants BE schools? They don’t play football.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X