Clear All

• Can we move the schedule discussion and predictions here please :

https://vb.bearcatnews.com/forum/foo...-2023-schedule

Thx.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• B12 presidents & ADs will meet tomorrow to discuss various issues, mostly surrounding further expansion, as well as how to handle the departures of OK/TX. Gonzaga apparently on the agenda.

Gonzaga's candidacy, Pac-12's future, Texas and Oklahoma exit plans on deck with Big 12 brass set to meet - CBSSports.com

Comment

• @PeteThamel

Sources: The effort for Oklahoma and Texas to leave the Big 12 a year early and join the SEC in 2024 has stalled and at this point is unlikely to come to fruition.

Texas and Oklahoma will join the SEC in 2025, as parties couldn’t come to terms amid a complex negotiation between two schools (OU/Texas), two networks (ESPN/FOX) and the Big 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
          @PeteThamel

Sources: The effort for Oklahoma and Texas to leave the Big 12 a year early and join the SEC in 2024 has stalled and at this point is unlikely to come to fruition.

Texas and Oklahoma will join the SEC in 2025, as parties couldn’t come to terms amid a complex negotiation between two schools (OU/Texas), two networks (ESPN/FOX) and the Big 12.
          This means we get a game with Texas in 2024 I would think, unless they decide to be weasels again.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

This means we get a game with Texas in 2024 I would think, unless they decide to be weasels again.
            With Texas leaving how can they dictate what games they want to play & where? They should have zero say so in the scheduling.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post

With Texas leaving how can they dictate what games they want to play & where? They should have zero say so in the scheduling.
              You'd think.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• There's always the possibility that the B12 could just go with a home-and-away mirror of the 2023 schedule, which is what the AAC has been doing.

Comment

• In case you missed it, there is a pretty neat and fierce twitter war going on between ISU and UCF. It started with the normal UCF arrogance and has picked up steam about how they won't wait over 100 years to win conference football title since the last ISU title was the year the Titanic sank.

Side note: many fans are also piling on UH football, with one Baylor comment along the lines, we're going to keep bullying UH and UCF because we still consider them G5 teams with something to prove. The poster said the conference is pretty chill about BYU and Cincy because they belong.
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• ucf fans on twitter definitely have a very high opinion of ucf - i love it that other b12 fan bases have alrady noticed, and are calling ucf out on it. "cyclone larry" seems to be the twitter guy giving the most to ucf, bless his heart.

i don't think that uh fans are that bad, but i have to believe that there's some old bad blood from the SWC days.

Comment

• Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post
                      ucf fans on twitter definitely have a very high opinion of ucf - i love it that other b12 fan bases have alrady noticed, and are calling ucf out on it. "cyclone larry" seems to be the twitter guy giving the most to ucf, bless his heart.

i don't think that uh fans are that bad, but i have to believe that there's some old bad blood from the SWC days.
                      What UH fans? 😂
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post
                        ucf fans on twitter definitely have a very high opinion of ucf - i love it that other b12 fan bases have alrady noticed, and are calling ucf out on it. "cyclone larry" seems to be the twitter guy giving the most to ucf, bless his heart.

The UT-Austin game at Houston has been circled by UH fans I know. Yes, they hold the Longhorns directly accountable for not including UH when the Big 12 was formed. They are right too. This was before conferences started thinking about footprint or that area was nearly covered by A&M. Texas wanted Houston out so they could recruit the Houston area a little better.

I get the impression the Coughar fans would be okay losing every other Big 12 game for three years if they win that game.
                        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Official. Texas and Oklahoma leaving one year early, after the 2023-24 season. They’ll pay the Big XII $100 million.

https://big12sports.com/news/2023/2/...and-texas.aspx
                          Last edited by longtimefan; 02-09-2023, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• SI reports that Yormark stating the Big 12 will aggressively pursue expansion.

Welcome to Arizona.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I came across something that is discouraging to me. In light of the multiple UCBB games on Espn+ this year, and the +'s lack of consistent quality, whether picture delivery, announcers, or whatever, I was hoping the move to the Big 12 would mean the end of that problem.

But not so fast - I was reading a Twitter subject on ESPN and right out of the box were three complaints from three different Big 12 tweeters (i.e., not the same school, and one was KU) about having so many B12 games on the +. So more of the same it seems.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                                Official. Texas and Oklahoma leaving one year early, after the 2023-24 season. They’ll pay the Big XII $100 million.

https://big12sports.com/news/2023/2/...and-texas.aspx
                                I'm curious how they are going to distirbute that $50M per school exit money. I'm kind of guessing UC won't get any of it but if we do, it would be a windfall amount for us.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X