Welcome to the Big XII

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

This would certainly create a scheduling quandry for the SEC as well. They have released their schedules, people have booked hotel rooms and made flight plans. I'd be more likely to believe the delay has more to do with scheduling farewell tours for one season or two, with a good possibility those teams leave in July 2024, not 2023.

Side note/question: if Texass and OU leave early, does that speed up time frame the new schools go from partial shares to full tv revenue shares?
    To not quite answer your question, It better mean we get a whole share right away. I don't know if that will happen or not.
    Last edited by Lobot; 01-18-2023, 06:32 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

To not quite answer your question, It better mean we get a whole share right away. I don't know if that will happen or not.
      Unless it was written into the contracts that UC & the other three schools signed, I doubt that the B12 will provide full shares until the end of the current media/GOR deal reaches its initial expiration date. The new one that Yormark negotiated is merely an extension, but the new entrants are not party to the initial deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Unless it was written into the contracts that UC & the other three schools signed, I doubt that the B12 will provide full shares until the end of the current media/GOR deal reaches its initial expiration date. The new one that Yormark negotiated is merely an extension, but the new entrants are not party to the initial deal.
        I think you nailed it. I didn't think about that when I posted.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• It appears that the 8 remaining Big 12 members "are donating some of their revenue" to the four new teams. Early exits for Texas, Oklahoma could help Big 12 repay members that agreed to diluted revenue upon expansion (msn.com)

Comment

• They can get out then. Give me the increased revenue.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
              It appears that the 8 remaining Big 12 members "are donating some of their revenue" to the four new teams. Early exits for Texas, Oklahoma could help Big 12 repay members that agreed to diluted revenue upon expansion (msn.com)
              I understood the media rights deal included a clause to increase the deal when Big 12 expanded. For some reason I seem to recall that was in the ESPN deal and not in the Fox deal, but Fox agreed to the clause to screw ESPN; therefore the tv money shares would be paid by networks. Then the new schools would only get a prorated portion for two years and the extra would be used by the league to hire additional staff and referees to cover the four schools or the extra actually went to the remaining schools (including OU and UT-Austin). As to the fees for OU and UT-Austin leaving early, those go to the league and orginal 8 schools (or at least that is what I thought I saw in all of the various reports).
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• The picks of the Big 12 out of all 131 FBS football teams? Well, all of them are in the top half and UC is not quite in the top half of the Big 12. Where did the Big 12 land in College Football News first look 1-131 rankings for 2023? (msn.com)

Comment

• Well in other conference news, Texas is having a hissy fit about having to play in the stadiums of the new teams in the conference and that's why the schedule isn't out yet apparently. This had been the rumor for about a week or so.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/spor...c/69848875007/

We have this gem from the UC Media folks. Guess the Schedule and register to win season tickets and other prizes.

https://gobearcats.com/sports/2021/6...tball-schedule

Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Schedule drops Tuesday at 2 ET

Comment

• TCU jumped the gun but we don’t play them… the mystery continues
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• It's going to be intetesting to see if the schedule actually comes out today. There's a fairly ugly ice storm going on in the Dallas area right now. Hope they weren't planning on a live press conference that no one can drive to, because the city is mostly shut down this morning.
                        Last edited by Lobot; 01-31-2023, 10:55 AM.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• No Texas unfortunately... but we do get OU at home which is pretty cool. https://twitter.com/Big12Conference/...448960/photo/1

Comment

• I don't see many conference wins next year, and only two non-conference wins. I see a potential for more wins if everything clicks just right, but too many questions. Six wins total and minor Bowl Game would be a success

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                              I don't see many conference wins next year, and only two non-conference wins. I see a potential for more wins if everything clicks just right, but too many questions. Six wins total and minor Bowl Game would be a success
                              Are you really serious?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

Are you really serious?
                                Yeah. Are you seeing more or less wins?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X