No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Big XII

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't help but notice that UA logos have been scrubbed from this and just about every marketing image that has been put out lately. When do they announce the next partner on the athletic apparel?

Comment

• Hope it's soon, I'm ready for a new Jersey... still rocking the old Adidas one because I never liked the design of the UA ones

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_Daddy_Bearcat_07 View Post
        Can't help but notice that UA logos have been scrubbed from this and just about every marketing image that has been put out lately. When do they announce the next partner on the athletic apparel?
        I was guessing it was going to be this week. I’m basing that on the timing of the last switch over which was announcec 90 days before the new contract started.

When it does get finally announced it should be Nike/Jumpman based on everything I’ve heard.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• We have to remember that UC is officially part of the AAC until June.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
            We have to remember that UC is officially part of the AAC until June.
            I'm not sure that has anything to do with the apparel contract.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I'm not sure that has anything to do with the apparel contract.
              I did not really mean to tie it into apparel contracts. I just got the impression that some on here thought that we were already in the Big 12. We still have spring sports going on within the AAC.

Comment

• Ranking the Big 12 football - Big 12 Football: Spring 2023 Power Rankings (msn.com)
                Ranking the Big 12 QBs - Big 12 Football: Early 2023 QB Preview and Rankings - AthlonSports.com | Expert Predictions, Picks, and Previews
                Let's hope that our Bearcats can prove them wrong. On a side note, WVU has had 10 years on the Big 12 and are basically last in everything.

Comment

• Sorry if posted already...

https://www.si.com/college/2023/05/0...ames-in-mexico

The Big 12 has been exploring playing football and men’s and women’s basketball games in Mexico City and Monterrey, Mexico, with a preferred top 10 men’s hoops matchup between Kansas and Houston, multiple sources tell Sports Illustrated.

The conference has had tentative plans to hold regular-season league games south of the border for months, with first-year commissioner Brett Yormark even visiting Mexico City last week. He met with officials and toured potential sites, including at 22,300-seat Arena CDMX in Mexico City for basketball. Football games would be played in Monterrey at Estadio BBVA, a 53,000-seat venue nicknamed El Gigante de Acero. The Houston Chronicle first reported the news of potential games in Mexico.

The league expects to begin holding basketball games in Mexico during the 2024–25 season and football in fall of ’25, a source told SI. In a more long-term plan, the conference is also looking to add baseball and soccer games in Mexico.

Comment

• I meant to post this yesterday.

Departmental Passport expenses just went way up
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• More non traditional things from the mind of Yormark.

https://www.si.com/college/2023/05/0...ame-interviews
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• And this is why Fresno State thinks they are a fit in the Big 12. Spoiler, it is about playing in Mexico. Big 12 has big plans, and one could be a gateway for Fresno State in conference expansion (yahoo.com)

Comment

• This might be paywalled but it's a good writeup on the things Yormark is doing from Extra Points: ($?)

https://www.extrapointsmb.com/p/big-...-idea-bad-idea
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Ok, so yesterday Dennis Dodd published this : https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-media-rights/

Every other sports college football writer on the planet called BS on it and stated that it's incorrect. At this point you have to think Dodd is a completely unreliable reporter or has a bad source for this info, or CBS has him throwing things out there on an agenda. Who really knows.

On the flip side you have Stewart Mandel who is still carrying water for the PAC 12 based on his recent articles.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Not sure the best place to put this, but Scott Springer wrote an article about last night's event in Columbus
                              UC's Big 12 Bearcat road show boldly makes stop in Columbus

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...s/70233474007/

Comment

• If you are interested in the 2022 payouts per school of the Power 5. How the Big 12 and Pac-12 stacked up in revenue distribution for the 2022 fiscal year (msn.com)

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X