NIL Things - All Sports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIL Things - All Sports

In a nod to leo from jersey, I've started a new thread on NIL. Not only do we need to talk about what UC is doing in this realm via a 501c3 charity foundation but we've had several olympic sports athletes sign NIL deals this past week with BSBSports

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Here's a look at who BSB has signed. It's not UC exclusive. There are more companies out there for sure.

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/bsbsports/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Look at the in state competition. They have a big time foundation which is independent of the University. Some deep wallets involved and look at how easy they are making it to give. Ricart Auto is involved. Didn't UC use to have a big time Cincy area auto group involved with the school.
      The Foundation Ohio - Approved 501(c)(3)

Comment

I heard two of the Board speak. Yes, they are interested in first round draft choices staying around, but are going to possible second or third round picks to stay the extra year{s) and get good ( seems it was hinted at equal) money to stay. Big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
          Look at the in state competition. They have a big time foundation which is independent of the University. Some deep wallets involved and look at how easy they are making it to give. Ricart Auto is involved. Didn't UC use to have a big time Cincy area auto group involved with the school.
          The Foundation Ohio - Approved 501(c)(3)
          I'm not sure how involved the auto group was with the school but Jeff Wyler was chairman of the board of directors back about 10-15 years or so.

Comment

This is how you have to get transfers and recruits today it seems. Most teams have playing time, facilities and a nice coach, but this is our reality.
            GET PAID. If y'all wondered just how much NIL opportunities play into recruiting these days, it took Tanner Holden less than 48 hours from becoming a Buckeye to start taking advantage of his NIL, and he explicitly said it was a key factor in his decision.-- From twitter
            I’m excited to announce my partnership with
            @thefoundation1_
            A big reason why I chose OSU was for opportunities like this! I look forward to raising awareness for local Charities & getting involved in the Columbus community! Visit http://thefoundationohio.com for more info.

From an tOSU forum and something that will be so telling.
            "Regardless of how you feel about it, this is the new reality. But the good news is, Ohio State's in a damn good position to take advantage."
            Last edited by leo from jersey; 04-05-2022, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Interesting NIL question at the top of this article ($)

https://theathletic.com/3229613/2022...iting-mailbag/
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

sorry for this edit
                Last edited by leo from jersey; 04-09-2022, 09:20 AM.

Comment

I know Leo will probably agree with me but does anyone else feel like UC is behind on this curve of getting a 501c3 set up for NIL?
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I we were losing out on recruits to other schools because of the name on our jersey or the conference that we are in, we are now going to lose out because of the payday. This just makes it even more difficult to compete in the recruiting circles.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      I know Leo will probably agree with me but does anyone else feel like UC is behind on this curve of getting a 501c3 set up for NIL?
                      I haven't seen any deals announced, though I wouldn't expect to see all of them. What makes you think we are behind the competition?
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I haven't seen any deals announced, though I wouldn't expect to see all of them. What makes you think we are behind the competition?
                        Most of the established 501c3s have a web page for donations from all fans and not just the deep pockets. I have yet to see one advertised for the Cats.

Comment

UCATS usual method is to hit up the deep pocketed folks first to make sure they can get a project off the ground and gain momentum for it. The second wave is smaller donors and then casual fans. I'm not sure whether creating a 501 will follow a similar path or not.

We may not be behind and they just haven't announced the 501 yet but I was basing my opinion on the fact that several larger schools are out in front of us on the 501 announcement. I can never attend the Coffee with Cunningham meetings but if this didn't get discussed last go around, you can bet it'll come up in May's meeting.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Nick Saban: Current NIL setup 'creates a situation where you can basically buy players'

Comment

This is a smorgasbord of all things changing in college athletics. Future of Sports - College athletics: Staying true to the mission in a time of transition - Cincinnati Business Courier (bizjournals.com)

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X