No announcement yet.

All Things Fickell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I honestly believe he knew his stock would never be higher, and if UC should have a bad year next year, perhaps going 5-7 in the new league, his stock would be worthless.

B.C.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Looks like the Wisconsin deal is 6M per year. Fickell was never about the money but I think something happened here internally
      Do tell if you find out, this is all really shocking and fast. If the Bengals lose today it's going to be a really bad evening

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Looks like the Wisconsin deal is 6M per year. Fickell was never about the money but I think something happened here internally
        If I had to guess, I’d say it’s NIL related.

Comment

• Maybe Fickell didn’t think the B12 experience was going to be all that favorable. Do people really make decisions of this kind in less than 48 hours ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
            Maybe Fickell didn’t think the B12 experience was going to be all that favorable. Do people really make decisions of this kind in less than 48 hours ?
            No as I said in an earlier post --- CLF had a big game on friday which he lost.

Comment

• I ******* can’t believe this is happening 😢😢😢

Comment

• Don’t be fooled that this came up suddenly. I heard after Coach BK left UC, he had been in discussions for a month with Notre Dame. My suspicions are that CLF knew before the Tulane game he’d be leaving.

B.C.
                "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                  Don’t be fooled that this came up suddenly. I heard after Coach BK left UC, he had been in discussions for a month with Notre Dame. My suspicions are that CLF knew before the Tulane game he’d be leaving.

B.C.
                  I have been fearing Wisconsin since Leonhard got the interim tag as "coach-in-waiting" instead of a contract. Oh well, even with move to Big 12, hard to compete with storied program like the Badgers
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• It will become more difficult to win at Wisconsin when the Big 10 goes without divisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                      It will become more difficult to win at Wisconsin when the Big 10 goes without divisions.
                      Yeah, which is why they needed a great guy like Luk.
                      Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 11-27-2022, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• Know every program deals with decommittments
                        but wonder if the recent ones were made with
                        inkling this was going down ?
                        Also, is a million more a year significant enough
                        to be a motivator here or was there more to it ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SKell82155 View Post
                          Know every program deals with decommittments
                          but wonder if the recent ones were made with
                          inkling this was going down ?
                          Also, is a million more a year significant enough
                          to be a motivator here or was there more to it ?
                          Ten times my annual salary per year is enough. At any salary a 20% raise is good

Comment

• This whole situation SUCKS.. Next year in the Big 12 it was going to be difficult because this team has never played up to potential and I am wondering just how much improvement there will be. We had a known quantity with CLF. I see loss of commitments and loses thru the portal. Be prepared for another rebuild and a 4-8 team next year.

Comment

• Good luck Coach Fickell. I wish you nothing but success in Wisconsin. I hope you elevate Wisconsin to the next level as you did here. While I wish you stayed, and brought continued stability. Especially during a transition to a new conference. With all due respect, my only hope is that your replacement is more successful than you. Maybe we will see each other again down the road in a late 2020s out of conference game.

Comment

• Apparently his wife went up to Wisconsin to check things out about a month ago.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X