This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post

There's really no reason for Fickell to be insecure. If the situation gets out of hand, he'll be able to step up to the power 5 level, no problem.
    P5 yes. We are not a step down for majority of P5
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Wow.

https://theathletic.com/2496210/2021...shared_article

Comment

• Wow.. what ? We can't read that. No copy/paste but.. just give the wow part.

Comment

• Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
          Wow.. what ? We can't read that. No copy/paste but.. just give the wow part.
          Medical staff had to step in and stop practice on one occasion, wanted to on others but were afraid of retaliation from Brannen. There is other stuff as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
            Wow.. what ? We can't read that. No copy/paste but.. just give the wow part.
            I’m not going copy pasta someone who worked to get this info. This article is worth a subscription alone to Justin’s reporting. If you need a trial pass to read , and you should read it, hit me up and I’ll send you one
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I think The Athletic still has a $1 per month for six month promotion going on. No reason not to do that, especially now.

Comment

• FYI: The Athletic has a $1 a month subscription for 6 months deal going right now. I finally signed up for it back when the transfer news hit. If you got $6 to spare it's well worth it

Comment

• If the portrayal of Brannen in this article by anonymous players is accurate, he's Captain Bligh. The only details missing are the floggings and keel hauling.

Comment

• I cannot wrap my head around this timeline. There's no way the athletic department hasn't completely mishandled this entire situation.

They should have known by season's end exactly how they were going to proceeed. I can't think of any good reason for the two weeks it took before an outside investigation was announced, or why he wasn't suspended earlier.

I currently sit at two possible conclusions:

1.) The University does have cause, but they didn't do their due diligence during the season, and/or they were dragging their feet at the end of the year before moving forward.

2.) The University has no cause, and they know none will be found. This entire saga has been nothing but a game of chicken, in which they hoped to pay out less in a settlement. It's now a game that they're losing, and they'll probably pay out as much or more in the long run as they would have had they just paid the full buyout immediately.

Comment

• I'm still not sure I understand what is taking so long. Can't they fire him now and fight the buy-out later? It does seem interesting that the AD has asked kids to see how things work out before deciding to transfer, but that can't last forever. I wonder how much time they will give him?

It's also interesting to hear about the "smoking gun" that Brannen's lawyer supposedly has. Why would you wait to use that? All the posturing is killing me and the program.

Comment

• Pretty sure there’s no smoking gun.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          Pretty sure there’s no smoking gun.
                          Do you mean a smoking gun on Brannen's lawyer's side (the document), or on UC's side (something they can prove for cause)?

Comment

• Let's hope we're not going to become the basketball equivalent of University of Tennessee football with their revolving door of head coaches now...

Comment

• Yeah, that article is pretty damning of Brannen’s style . I wonder what his rep was at NKU?

Comment

• Originally posted by MDW79 View Post

I cannot wrap my head around this timeline. There's no way the athletic department hasn't completely mishandled this entire situation.

They should have known by season's end exactly how they were going to proceeed. I can't think of any good reason for the two weeks it took before an outside investigation was announced, or why he wasn't suspended earlier.

I currently sit at two possible conclusions:

1.) The University does have cause, but they didn't do their due diligence during the season, and/or they were dragging their feet at the end of the year before moving forward.

2.) The University has no cause, and they know none will be found. This entire saga has been nothing but a game of chicken, in which they hoped to pay out less in a settlement. It's now a game that they're losing, and they'll probably pay out as much or more in the long run as they would have had they just paid the full buyout immediately.

I agree, if Brannen was reprimanded once already for exceeding practice limitations that to me gives authorization and documentation for going forward with termination. I don't know what smoking gun JB s attorney may have but I can't foresee any document that could justify voting against the medical staff. Go ahead and terminate him let the attorney' s work out the settlement and lets begin searching for a replacement before we get stuck having to field a team with football players.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X