This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Brannen was previously on Grant’s staff at Alabama so this makes a ton of sense for both parties.

I have to admit it sounds like Grant created a role for Brannen to rescue him.
    Create a role? This is a graduate assistant video coordinator job.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

Sadly, of course you do, because you can never say anything remotely positive about Brannen or Tuberville.

Even I have made my peace with ex-FB HC Lyle Jones.

Be happy - let it go. Life will be much better.
      What possibly could you have good to say? They are blemishes and mistakes on an otherwise proud list of UC coaches. Besides, the comment wasn't intended to be negative, only insightful.

Comment

• In all fairness, Geaux Juan 's right. I never say anything positive about either of them. I don't hate either them, but I'm not a fan for sure. I like to pick at them more than a little bit.

That really wasn't meant to be a dig at Brannen, I just thought it was interesting.

One positive thing I'll say about Brannen is that he got Gabe Madsen mental help when he needed it. Whether he contributed to the state of that we'll probably only know when/if Gabe ever decides to talk about it.

I'm really just glad they're both gone.

I know there's a lot more to Brannen's firing than the public eye saw.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Via Justin Williams:

#Bearcats announce settlement with former MBB HC John Brannen:

“John Brannen and the University of Cincinnati have reached an amicable resolution. Both parties look forward to putting this matter behind them and focusing on the future.”

UC will have no further comment.

Comment

• Can we close this thread now?

Comment

• Sounds like a plan to me. Anyone object?
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• No strong objection, but I sure would like to know what the settlement was.

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertFog View Post
                  No strong objection, but I sure would like to know what the settlement was.
                  Doesn't sound like that is going to happen.

Comment

Sounds like a plan to me. Anyone object?
                    Close it Lobot. We have heard enough about this topic.

Comment

• Ok as soon I close the thread, Williams does an Open records request and gets the settlement details. ($)

https://theathletic.com/3578217/2022...ement-lawsuit/

I'll leave the thread open through tommorrow if someone wants to chime in on the settlement issue and then we'll lock it up for good on Sunday. This is now as over as over it can be at this point.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

If you missed it, The Kevin Ollie arbritration case with UConn ended this week with Ollie winning $11.1M he said he was owed under contract after UConn fired him. The reason why he won is interesting. UConn didn't follow proper procedure during the HR process when they fired him. You may remember that Ollie was fired for cause due to various NCAA recruiting and practice violations.
                        Ollie backed his money truck up to the vault again in Connecticut.

UConn to pay Kevin Ollie another $3.9 million over firing ===> UConn to pay Kevin Ollie another $3.9 million over firing | AP News

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X