Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the firing is justified and the players well being was in jeopardy, the only $,$$$,$$$ I see needed is for legal fee's ? If?? The University can prove Brannen jeopardized the Players Health etc..... The University might not owe him a dime!

I stand by what I said when Brannen was first hired.... It was a quick hire and a bad hire.... We should have taken a little more time, and evaluated ALL the potential candidates... Problem is, Bohn knew he was leaving for USC most likely and wanted this completed before he announced he was leaving... If Brannen was available and USC needed a HC, would Bohn hire him? Brannen wouldn't even be a consideration...

The longer this goes, the more recruits UC will lose to other schools... If Brannen is fired soon, one bright spot might be some of the current players returning from the portal.

Comment

• I will reserve my judgement on whether Brannen was a bad hire until I see who the next hire is which appears inevitable with the s##t show we have now. I don't have a lot of confidence in us getting someone we can get excited about if Cunningham is leading the process. I am in the camp of those that think Cunningham as AD was asleep at the wheel to have not known the state of affairs and to handle it the way he has so far.

We are sliding down the scale in relevance behind Houston, Memphis and Wichita in what is a very mediocre BB conference. I think the best thing the BB program has going for it is that LF is running the FB program and that has kept us in the national spotlight somewhat.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Gmann;n379881]I will reserve my judgement on whether Brannen was a bad hire until I see who the next hire is which appears inevitable with the s##t show we have now.

Compared to the two previous HC's, Brannen is as bad as it gets.... Will agree to disagree... Right now I feel we're at the bottom of the totem pole with Brannen and his staff... With the right Coach, will be back on top again within a few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Frankly this is a lot worse than what I knew about. You don't undermine the medical staff. I wouldn't be surprised to see some lawsuits from former players after this is over.
          That would be a waste of time. Pretty hard to prove a lot of damage in a situation where everybody was playing and playing pretty well be season's end. RE: Bohn, he hired Fickell which was a home run, and honestly i'm not real sure what to think of Brannen good or bad. He's got a winning record, and a bunch of guys in the portal which is the case with a lot of coaches. Ultimately we appear to be seeing.a big swing in society which is bleeding over into sports. I'm not sure what a coach is going to be able to do an not do anymore. Roy Williams quotes re: he's not cut out for coaching now are very telling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Frankly this is a lot worse than what I knew about. You don't undermine the medical staff. I wouldn't be surprised to see some lawsuits from former players after this is over.
            So we have defaulted to blindly assuming this quote from an anonymous player is 100% true? Unbelievable!

#mobmentality

Even if it was true, what does that say about the medical staff? Afraid of John Brannen??? What a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
              If the firing is justified and the players well being was in jeopardy, the only $,$$$,$$$ I see needed is for legal fee's ? If?? The University can prove Brannen jeopardized the Players Health etc..... The University might not owe him a dime!

I stand by what I said when Brannen was first hired.... It was a quick hire and a bad hire.... We should have taken a little more time, and evaluated ALL the potential candidates... Problem is, Bohn knew he was leaving for USC most likely and wanted this completed before he announced he was leaving... If Brannen was available and USC needed a HC, would Bohn hire him? Brannen wouldn't even be a consideration...

The longer this goes, the more recruits UC will lose to other schools... If Brannen is fired soon, one bright spot might be some of the current players returning from the portal.
              the legal world has many hidden compromises and monetary awards. Many, many deals my friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by coach View Post

That would be a waste of time. Pretty hard to prove a lot of damage in a situation where everybody was playing and playing pretty well be season's end. RE: Bohn, he hired Fickell which was a home run, and honestly i'm not real sure what to think of Brannen good or bad. He's got a winning record, and a bunch of guys in the portal which is the case with a lot of coaches. Ultimately we appear to be seeing.a big swing in society which is bleeding over into sports. I'm not sure what a coach is going to be able to do an not do anymore. Roy Williams quotes re: he's not cut out for coaching now are very telling.
                very well seen through coach. Heck most of them just about played the whole game. This is the the perspective the school might want to be known though. Who knows what is actually happening. I do see the leaking has worked with some opinions swinging against JB in here and elsewhere. AS I said, most have a reason to support the firing, but there still needs to be money to support it. Somehow I think that it can be found. If JB acted distant to his hand picked team, could he have acted in a pompous manner to some boosters, former star players and others with clout. Just wondering.

Comment

• Do they really owe him that much if he's fired? Ready for the Brannen era to be over with asap. Need a coach who can bring some excitement and real interest back to the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cliftonite View Post
                    Do they really owe him that much if he's fired? Ready for the Brannen era to be over with asap. Need a coach who can bring some excitement and real interest back to the program.
                    that would be a crowd pleaser.

Comment

• And so.. here we are... I cannot honestly see any pathway that Brannen can come back at this point. This is now gonna be a big ol' legal fight of some sort. UC will make their best case "for cause", Brannen's lawyers will fight that. So.. the question now is... whats the path to officially hunting for a new coach and how quickly can we get there ?

Comment

• My hope is they already have a replacement coach in mind. As critical as timing is now, they can't make the mistake of rushing into a bad hire. Hopefully, they're far along with research as to which candidates they want by now. Let's just hope the past three weeks haven't been wasted.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

But, there were times where you could see Brannen's anger, almost rage, when the game was not going well for UC. I noticed it They would get angry, for certain, but Brannen reacted differently. I can't explain how it was different, it just was in my perception.
                          Haha, I nicknamed him "Angel" from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Man turns into a creature when he's pissed. Like he's "releasing the Evil" on some little Nicky

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                            My hope is they already have a replacement coach in mind. As critical as timing is now, they can't make the mistake of rushing into a bad hire. Hopefully, they're far along with research as to which candidates they want by now. Let's just hope the past three weeks haven't been wasted.

That would be nice but wishful thinking Im guessing. My bet will be that due diligence will be the catch word on the upcoming search for a new head coach. That don't bode well for UC's immediate success in the AAC bball conference.

Comment

• Ironic, Mick is looking like a basketball genius. I have not seen evidence of Bohn trying to keep him. JC is dealing with a bad hire. No knock on CJB, but due diligence might have teased out the issues we're facing. So if you wanted to blame someone, shouldn't Bohn be in the cross hairs?

Comment

• [QUOTE=BearKatz;n379882]
                                Originally posted by Gmann View Post
                                I will reserve my judgement on whether Brannen was a bad hire until I see who the next hire is which appears inevitable with the s##t show we have now.

Compared to the two previous HC's, Brannen is as bad as it gets.... Will agree to disagree... Right now I feel we're at the bottom of the totem pole with Brannen and his staff... With the right Coach, will be back on top again within a few years.
                                Kennedy and Cronin were pretty good coaches. Too bad Zimpher wanted a clean break from Huggs, because I think Andy could've thrived here.
                                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X