Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is like watching one of those super weird movies where you say "They better wrap this up in a way that makes sense of all this crap I just watched" !

Comment

• Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
      This is like watching one of those super weird movies where you say "They better wrap this up in a way that makes sense of all this crap I just watched" !
      I have to agree with you on that one. I think we'll all look back on this and it'll make sense once the dust settles. It's the silence that's driving everyone nuts.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I have to agree with you on that one. I think we'll all look back on this and it'll make sense once the dust settles. It's the silence that's driving everyone nuts.
        The silence and those with secret information not sharing. And yes, I mean you, Lobot. 😁

Comment

• So, who, if anyone, is recruiting these players to UC right now? Mick & Mack? Oscar? What are these recruits being told about the coaching situation? This is all just too bizarre. Feels like an episode of The Twilight Zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by bba_1979 View Post
            So, who, if anyone, is recruiting these players to UC right now? Mick & Mack? Oscar? What are these recruits being told about the coaching situation? This is all just too bizarre. Feels like an episode of The Twilight Zone.
            One would assume that Brannen, staff and returning players are involved in virtual visits. I haven't seen any info where a recruit breaks down how it went and with whom he chatted. Mika and Jeremiah could make some positive impressions on their own.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• After two weeks of speculation, theorizing, pontificating, and unending hirings of possible coaching changings we will wake up tomorrow ( APR.1) with "nevermind" 😗

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

The silence and those with secret information not sharing. And yes, I mean you, Lobot. 😁
                I'm not sure I have anything that's earth shattering surrounding Brannen tbh. I'm making an educated guess that we will hear something either after business hours today based on Coffee with Cunningham timing, Plus the end of the fiscal quarter is today as well. I can't imagine John Cunningham wants to face a pitch fork wielding mob tomorrow morning.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• To follow up on that. If he tries to do the Coffee meeting and can't talk about Brannen for legal reasons, things will break down pretty quickly I'd suspect.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• If UC were to part ways with/let go of Brannen... is there anything different $-wise by doing so today (March 31) versus on or after April 1? Thought I heard something about a retention bonus, and apologies if I missed this above if someone mentioned it here.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                      If UC were to part ways with/let go of Brannen... is there anything different $-wise by doing so today (March 31) versus on or after April 1? Thought I heard something about a retention bonus, and apologies if I missed this above if someone mentioned it here.
                      The only thing I know of is that the buyout on his end gets cheaper if he leaves on 4/1. I honestly didn't look at the retention bonus.

From Stadium:

If Cincinnati fires Brannen without cause, he’ll receive 75 percent of his remaining compensation.

If Brannen leaves Cincinnati before the end of his contract, his buyout is outlined below.
                      • $3 million – Before March 31, 2020.
                      • $2 million – Before March 31, 2021.
                      • $1.5 million – Before March 31, 2022.
                      • $1 million – Before March 31, 2023.
                      • $500,000 – Before March 31, 2024.
                      • $0 – On or after March 31, 2024.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I believe the retention bonus occurs in 2022. It's for 1 million dollars. Not sure the date it kicks in.

As far as April 1st this year, I think that only applies to if he were to get hired away. Like if he took another job then they buyout the other school has to pay goes down April 1st. If he's fired I don't think it makes a difference.

Comment

• The longer this drags on, the worse off we'll be. Blow this recruiting opportunity, and you set the program back by years. It's time to resolve this situation. Are we supposed to wait until the next board meeting on April 27?
                          Last edited by longtimefan; 03-31-2021, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• Let's face it. John Brannen has been a head coach for only about six or seven years and his coaching skills are no where near that level of coaching development that it takes to get to a Final Four or, in the immediate case, beat Houston. What I have taken from media reports that I have read (I may be totally wrong about this) is that one of the major problems with John Brannen is he cannot seem to get along with or build relationships with his players. That said; the University of Cincinnati has a choice to make: should it keep John Brannen and help him to develop into what they think will someday be a high level NCAA Tournament type of coach or should they let him go and seek coaching possibilities elsewhere. Whatever choice the university makes, it has to act fast. Right now, the best thing that UC basketball has to offer a promising recruit is playing time and lots of it. If they act fast, they may be able to attract some very talented recruits who for some reason or another ended up on the bench and did not get much playing time. Act fast UC and resolve this matter; the window of recruitment possibility is closing fast.

Comment

• Its apparent that JC is dragging his feet on this for whatever reason. Either he can't find just cause to terminate or hes trying to save the school a few bucks, or he cant find anyone willing to take over this can of worms. Whatever the reason he is sabotaging the future of the program both immediate and long term. We were told that a resolution would be forthcoming this week and he is apparently going to take the entire week to make a decision , or even release the decision hes already made. I don't know what the coffee with Cunningham thing was / is all about but but in my estimation it should be Cunninghams last cup as UC's AD. This is ridiculous at how this was handled. It comes across as two rookies at their respective positions engaged in a battle of wits. Sheesh make a statement already.
                              Last edited by Rufus; 04-01-2021, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• I registered for Coffee with Cunningham this morning. The Zoom link would not work. The link was invalid. Sounds typical for the current state of UC athletics.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X