Bob Huggins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    If you had Huggs firing Larry Harrison on your bingo card today, congrats. Go play the lottery.

I'm trying to learn more but appears there was a post game argument of some sort. Huggins with "we wish him well in his future endeavors" is not something you say to a 30 year associate.

It is expected that Huggs may retire after this season. WVU has started 10-6 and 0-4 in league play.
    Here's Larry Harrison's statement: https://twitter.com/lharrison31/stat...798465/photo/1

Comment

no mentioning of HUGGS

Comment

WVU has to play Kansas today in the Big XII tourney. If they lose,I think you can start the clock on Bob Huggins career. This is just a hunch on my part but WVU has a new AD who seemingly doesn't want to put up with Bob. I think the AD was probably behind the firing of Larry Harrison. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

WVU has to play Kansas today in the Big XII tourney. If they lose,I think you can start the clock on Bob Huggins career. This is just a hunch on my part but WVU has a new AD who seemingly doesn't want to put up with Bob. I think the AD was probably behind the firing of Larry Harrison. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
          With Boeheim's retirement, Huggins is the current active D1 wins leader

Also, WVU should be dancing so could be one last ride...

Comment

I hope Bob can retire when he wants to.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
              I hope Bob can retire when he wants to.
              Bob's the oldest coach in D1 as well now that Boeheim is gone. I have have bad feeling Bob is not going to go out on his own terms. Hope I'm wrong.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I imagine we gonna be playing west Virginia the last game for the next couple years

Comment

Bob's the oldest coach in D1 as well now that Boeheim is gone. I have have bad feeling Bob is not going to go out on his own terms. Hope I'm wrong.
                  WVU seems to be in the same rut as Syracuse.

Comment

a few weeks ago, wvu pushed out one of huggin's assistants - i saw an article, where he wasn't real happy - i wouldn't be shocked if huggins gest pushed out in the next couple of weeks

Comment

I too hope that Huggs leaves on his own terms. When he does leave, I would like for him to come back to Cincy and teach defensive development.

Comment

As much as I would like to see Huggins leave on his own terms I hope more than anything that WVU don't come sniffing around Clifton looking for their next bball coach. Twice is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                          As much as I would like to see Huggins leave on his own terms I hope more than anything that WVU don't come sniffing around Clifton looking for their next bball coach. Twice is enough.
                          Nobody is moving to Morgantown in the same conference for the same or less money. Particularly from a nicer place to live.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                            I too hope that Huggs leaves on his own terms. When he does leave, I would like for him to come back to Cincy and teach defensive development.
                            toughness and how to position for rebounding too.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post

Nobody is moving to Morgantown in the same conference for the same or less money. Particularly from a nicer place to live.
                              although many prefer the rural areas, but not many who coach/play the game anymore. No Zeke from Cabin Creek.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

although many prefer the rural areas, but not many who coach/play the game anymore. No Zeke from Cabin Creek.
                                I have no idea whether he still has family in the area but isn't Hugs originally from southeast Ohio; and didn't he graduate (with honors) from WVU; and hasn't he been the head coach there as long as he was @ UC? While I would certainly welcome it, I'm trying to understand what the attraction would be for him to (retire and?) return here?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X