Bob Huggins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

although many prefer the rural areas, but not many who coach/play the game anymore. No Zeke from Cabin Creek.
    You may be right in an ideal world. However, with NIL, one can build a team with 3 - 4 players that are being paid to play.

Comment

Originally posted by richard k. View Post

I have no idea whether he still has family in the area but isn't Hugs originally from southeast Ohio; and didn't he graduate (with honors) from WVU; and hasn't he been the head coach there as long as he was @ UC? While I would certainly welcome it, I'm trying to understand what the attraction would be for him to (retire and?) return here?
      Huggs was born in Morgantown and grew up in Port Washington OH. I didn't realize until I looked up his profile that he played at Ohio U for two years before transferring to WVU.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Apparently Huggs was on Bill Cunninghams show today and used some choice words when referring to Xavier fans. Waiting on details and audio from WLWT but it sounds this is fireable offense type stuff from Huggs.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Update. We’re in Thom Brenneman territory on this one. Huggins was probably kidding about the remarks but it’s not going to come across that way in today’s environment
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here’s the audio. If you’re Catholic, you probably won’t like this.

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/...Vejy7i9nQSL1ug
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              Here’s the audio. If you’re Catholic, you probably won’t like this.

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/...Vejy7i9nQSL1ug

"3-0 ballgame with the Reds in front of the Royals as we go to the top half of the fifth inning, Castellanos to lead things off. Jim Day's gonna be taking us the rest of the way through this game as Holland takes over on the mound. Um, I made a comment earlier tonight that, I guess, went out over the air that I am deeply ashamed of. If I have hurt anyone out there, I can't tell you how much I say, from the bottom of my heart, I'm so very, very, sorry. I pride myself and think of myself as a man of faith, as there's a drive into deep left field by Castellanos, it will be a home run. And so that will make it a 4-0 ballgame. I don't know if I'm gonna be putting on this headset again. I don't know if it's gonna be for the Reds, I don't know if it's gonna be for my bosses at Fox. I want to apologize for the people who sign my paycheck, for the Reds, for Fox Sports Ohio, for the people I work with, for anybody that I've offended here tonight, I can't begin to tell you how deeply sorry I am. That is not who I am, it never has been. And I'd like to think maybe I could have some people that could back that up. I am very, very, sorry, and I beg for your forgiveness. Jim Day'll take you the rest of the way home."

Comment

I agree Huggs is the best. or tied with Ed "2-time champ" Jucker. They did name the court in his honor.

Concerning Thom getting fired, he should be allowed back. He paid his price.

Comment

Here's the Huggins official statement/apology
                  https://twitter.com/WVUhoops/status/1655684254469091329

Comment

yes it was insensitive and Willie needed to speak up too. Maybe Huggs might not mind retirement, but not this way.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                      yes it was insensitive and Willie needed to speak up too. Maybe Huggs might not mind retirement, but not this way.
                      I think this upcoming year is/was planned to be his last. He has a ton of top notch transfer commitments but not a single incoming freshman commit. One last ride would seem to have been the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                        Here's the Huggins official statement/apology
                        https://twitter.com/WVUhoops/status/1655684254469091329
                        It’s not that he put Xavier down, the place is full of ********* hypocrites. It’s that he used an ugly slur against an entire group of people, that’s hard to take. Huggs turns 70 this year, but that’s no excuse. He’s put the WVU administration in a tough spot.

Comment

if you’re a decent human being, you won’t like it. I’m not Catholic.

QUOTE=Lobot;n403099]Here’s the audio. If you’re Catholic, you probably won’t like this.

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/...Vejy7i9nQSL1ug[/QUOTE]

My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Some predicted a Bobby Knight type ending for Huggins. I think this is it.
                            My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

What comes over people to say such stupid things? Did he temporarily forget he was on the air?

Comment

I know Huggins is old enough to know better but it seems to me that Cunningham is just as culpable. BH is a Catholic and it comes across to me that Huggins was baited. Cunningham is heard laughing apparently he found what Huggs said just as funny or BH was taking an
                                enormous amount of glee in setting Huggs up. Why would Cunningham even bring up that particular game to begin with!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X