Bob Huggins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-anti-gay-slur

Bob Huggins is expected to return to the sideline next season in the wake of using an anti-gay slur in a radio interview earlier this week, sources told ESPN on Wednesday.

The university decision is in the process of being completed Wednesday, and the details have yet to be finalized. Huggins has agreed to a million-dollar salary reduction, a significant suspension and sensitivity training.

Comment

Thamel just now:

Sources: WVU and coach Bob Huggins are finalizing details for him to return to the sideline next season in the wake of him using an anti-gay slur in a radio interview earlier this week. He's expected to receive a suspension, $1 million salary reduction and sensitivity training.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Official from WVU, including a three game suspension (so much for "significant") ... also note that his multi-year deal was reduced to one year. Well, he's obviously going to coach for just one more year than retire!

https://wvusports.com/news/2023/5/10...ren-baker.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
          Official from WVU, including a three game suspension (so much for "significant") ... also note that his multi-year deal was reduced to one year. Well, he's obviously going to coach for just one more year than retire!

https://wvusports.com/news/2023/5/10...ren-baker.aspx
          The national ridicule is a heavy penalty as well.

Comment

Bob Huggins taking sensitivity training! I'd like to be a fly in the classroom when that takes place.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
              Bob Huggins taking sensitivity training! I'd like to be a fly in the classroom when that takes place.
              Has that ever done anything except get a few people a paycheck. I had to take it when I was faculty at a University. Look at me now.

Comment

Yep an exercise in futility! But it pacifies a bunch people.

Comment

When I took it, there was some person who had just an undergraduate degree who considered all of us as ignorant fools. All had our terminal degrees BTW and we showed her much graciousness which was not returned. Unlike others it was very hard to fire us, Heck, while Bob broke our culture rules He is a HOF legend. Many will say treat all the same, while my experience was that the leader of the training was quite insensitive, but she treated us as uneducated rubes. Maybe we were. . It will be a good gauge to this cancel society to see if BOb wins the Natty and then what will he be remembered for.

I didn't say Bob was right, but if he wins big, it will be a gauge to how far this culture as really come.
                  Last edited by leo from jersey; 05-10-2023, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I have to apologize to everyone. I thought that the criticism of Bob was because he dropped the f-bomb. I either did not listen or read far enough or read the wrong article. Other people have been destroyed by far less - see Jimmy the Greek. Huggins has his millions and he will survive. However, WVU recruiting is going to suck for the next year because every competing coach is going to use "Huggs will not be around in a year" line to every recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                      I have to apologize to everyone. I thought that the criticism of Bob was because he dropped the f-bomb. I either did not listen or read far enough or read the wrong article. Other people have been destroyed by far less - see Jimmy the Greek. Huggins has his millions and he will survive. However, WVU recruiting is going to suck for the next year because every competing coach is going to use "Huggs will not be around in a year" line to every recruit.
                      Thus it appears that it may depend on who the new coach is and more importantly, how much NIL $$$$$$$$$. They must have a nice kitty cause they got the top ranked transfers. It is a new day.

Comment

Those transfers might be jumping off the train today. Lots of smoke about Huggins getting arrested for a DUI in WV yesterday evening. Unconfirmed so far by reporters but it's trending #1 on Twitter this morning.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

such a shame. Two of Cincy's biggest sport's names are self-destructive. Bob and Pete.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                            Those transfers might be jumping off the train today. Lots of smoke about Huggins getting arrested for a DUI in WV yesterday evening. Unconfirmed so far by reporters but it's trending #1 on Twitter this morning.
                            Confirmed by Pittsburgh PD

https://twitter.com/voicemorgantown/...848000/photo/1
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

On probation for the radio interview and has another arrest for OVI during that probation? I hate to say it but this likely means the end of his coaching career.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
                                On probation for the radio interview and has another arrest for OVI during that probation? I hate to say it but this likely means the end of his coaching career.
                                Yeah he's done at this point. You can't defend this. WCHS in Charleston is reporting he blew a .210 BAC on the breathalyzer.

I'm not going to make light of this in the least. He needs help. Unfortunately this was one of two fairly likely scenarios for Bob and it's damn shame to see him go out like this.

Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X