No announcement yet.

Jeremiah Davenport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any news on Jeremiah? Any schools showing interest?

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
      Any news on Jeremiah? Any schools showing interest?
      No reports on Twitter since he entered the portal last week.

Comment

No updates here either, but did see him post something on IG from the UC practice gym with Rayvon Griffith.

Comment

Jeremiah Davenport to... Arkansas -- WOW!

https://www.on3.com/college/arkansas...s-to-arkansas/
          Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-13-2023, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Gonna be very interesting to see what he does at Arkansas.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
              Jeremiah Davenport to... Arkansas -- WOW!

https://www.on3.com/college/arkansas...s-to-arkansas/
              “They really care for their players and are really big on improvement and how they can get you to the next level. -- JD

so much for CWM after 2 years of coaching and not much change. This will be telling

Comment

Good for Jeremiah. I’ve been a critic at times, but the kid loved UC and stayed for a coaching change. I wish him well.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

“They really care for their players and are really big on improvement and how they can get you to the next level. -- JD

so much for CWM after 2 years of coaching and not much change. This will be telling
                  Hold on. One transferred out, because his playing time was going to be diminished, and he already lost his starting spot. One other guy is likely going to be drafted into the NBA. That’s far less turnover than most every team out there.

Comment

While I love JD... I'm not sure anybody feels he has an NBA future.... I wish him luck 100% tho.

Comment

Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
                      While I love JD... I'm not sure anybody feels he has an NBA future.... I wish him luck 100% tho.
                      JD loved UC and being a Bearcat. But the fact remains his playing time was going be diminished next season. Maybe a change in scenery will help for his final year of college eligibility. But I agree with Boris that he is not an NBA player. Best wishes next year and thank you for his time at UC. He had some sensational games on offense.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Hold on. One transferred out, because his playing time was going to be diminished, and he already lost his starting spot. One other guy is likely going to be drafted into the NBA. That’s far less turnover than most every team out there.
                        I thought JD was saying that Arkansas coaches can bring improvement. What was not stated was by leaving did he think CWM could. Afterall, he was with him 2 years and JD's lost his starting job. If I thought CWM could bring me improvement and be ready for the NBA then why would I leave. After all JD claims he loves UC and his home is here plus he is a local hero. He would get that slack living in Arkansas. I am interested to see if JD improves and goes to the NBA. If he does, then we need to question CWM. Next year will tell. There might have been more behind the scenes t the transferring out too. We just might never know. Again the statement about the Arkansas coach can bring improvement and get him NBA ready really says something about CWM. That is. if we see improvement and JD going to the NBA. I for one will not be watching Arkansas as I am rooting for Bearcats. Time will tell, but I saw no improvement in JD the last two years as his game got worse and he lost his starting job. Blame it o the coach is always easy as you are walking out the door and looking for a brighter future. I hope he wins the NC, if not UC, and goes NBA, but I am concerned with CWM getting improvement from our current players and getting them NBA ready. Will Landers make the NBA - I would love to see it as it would be great for recruiting.

Comment

Best of luck to JD-I wish him well, though wish it was for a team/coach easier to root for than the one he chose. Interesting that transfer U is taking 4 guard/wings so far (3 from the AAC!).

As for JD's future-I'm not sure that even he believes he has an NBA future-but with a good year he might make some money overseas. With regards to his comments-he had nice things to say about CWM when he left (especially considering that Miller didn't actually recruit him other than to stay with the coaching change), and he has nice things to say about Arkansas on his way in-all pretty standard fare. As noted elsewhere, he lost his starting role here and wouldn't have gotten it back (a move that JD accepted with far more grace than people give him credit for), so moving on makes sense, and maybe he will be able to be in a role that best fits him there. Most of his time here, we didn't have the luxury of not overrelying on him as a scorer, which wasn't ideal for anyone. I hope he has a great year and a bright future (while still hoping for Arkansas and the Muss Bus to hit a pothole).

Comment

One thing is his new team will more than likely play in the NCAA Tournament next season. Something that is unlikely had he remained at UC.

Comment

Originally posted by Longtime Lurker View Post
                              Best of luck to JD-I wish him well, though wish it was for a team/coach easier to root for than the one he chose. Interesting that transfer U is taking 4 guard/wings so far (3 from the AAC!).

As for JD's future-I'm not sure that even he believes he has an NBA future-but with a good year he might make some money overseas. With regards to his comments-he had nice things to say about CWM when he left (especially considering that Miller didn't actually recruit him other than to stay with the coaching change), and he has nice things to say about Arkansas on his way in-all pretty standard fare. As noted elsewhere, he lost his starting role here and wouldn't have gotten it back (a move that JD accepted with far more grace than people give him credit for), so moving on makes sense, and maybe he will be able to be in a role that best fits him there. Most of his time here, we didn't have the luxury of not overrelying on him as a scorer, which wasn't ideal for anyone. I hope he has a great year and a bright future (while still hoping for Arkansas and the Muss Bus to hit a pothole).
                              usually when you leave, unless you already have your spot, you say nice things to avoid being labeled a discontent. Of course, being his hometown, he couldn't really say anything negative. Sometimes what you say when you arrive elsewhere is quite telling. Happens in business all the time. I always chose to make my own mind up about a new a new employee and didn't listen to the arrival speech.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
                                One thing is his new team will more than likely play in the NCAA Tournament next season. Something that is unlikely had he remained at UC.
                                I have not given up hope.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X