• Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    replied
    As far as I know. Unless it was a recent thing , he’s been playing

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    Is Collier playing this summer? I saw a comment somewhere that he was rehabbing an injury. Maybe he's ok now?

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Collier will be on ESPNU at 5:00 next Friday 8/12 as part of a UA Elite 24 event.

Rayvon Griffith will be in that event as well. Trentyn Flowers will also be there.

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
    I just don't have a good feeling about this.
    Neither do I. The odds are always against. Every school that offered will miss, except one. It seems that now Kentucky is trying to get involved.

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer_UC_fan
    replied
    I just don't have a good feeling about this.

Leave a comment:

• Dr.kenneth noisewater
    replied
    Weird situation with one and dones. You don't want them to be one and done but you root for them to be.

Leave a comment:

• BearKatz
    replied
    Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

I'm for either one. But bring in a guy like Collier, and yes he's in the NBA the next year. But other guys notice that, and it makes us more interesting to other elite recruits, especially after landing Rayvon Griffith in the same class.

Anytime you land a college recruit with that type of talent and high ranking., makes other High Level Recruits take notice... I'd definitely take him for one year...

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    Originally posted by RedDog View Post
    I hope hes not a one and done, I despise the concept, but everything I read indicates he probably is. Thats why I was more inclined to go for Green who I believe will play college for a couple years primarily because of his size. Its also why we are recruiting 2024 point guards hard as a contingency plan in case we get Collier.
    I'm for either one. But bring in a guy like Collier, and yes he's in the NBA the next year. But other guys notice that, and it makes us more interesting to other elite recruits, especially after landing Rayvon Griffith in the same class.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Up to #2 overall in 2023 rankings from on3

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    Visiting Michigan this weekend. Decision soon?

https://twitter.com/isaiahcollier04/...NL1Ep9Jyb6EwRg

Leave a comment:

• RedDog
    replied
    I hope hes not a one and done, I despise the concept, but everything I read indicates he probably is. Thats why I was more inclined to go for Green who I believe will play college for a couple years primarily because of his size. Its also why we are recruiting 2024 point guards hard as a contingency plan in case we get Collier.

Leave a comment:

• BearKatz
    replied
    Originally posted by RedDog View Post

I understand what they are saying. Nolley (as Lobot said) will be gone. Griffith is a 5 star and battle tested. The others appear to be solid additions but are untested at the higher levels of competition, both high school and AAU, Collier is a drive and dish guy and his success is predicated on somebody else finishing. We think and we hope we have such guys, and time will tell, but it could be a tough sell to a guy like Collier who may be more comfortable with other proven guys to share the offensive responsibility. Its really a matter of proven commodities vs hopeful commodities. If the hopefuls take a couple of years to develop and you are a one and done guy, what would you do to improve your NBA stock?

If he's only going to be around 1yr, he might consider Michigan or UCLA......

Leave a comment:

• BearKatz
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Pretty sure Nolley would be gone by the time Collier arrives

Yes sir, my mistake! I thought we had him for 2yrs.....

Leave a comment:

• RedDog
    replied
    Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

Skillings, Reed, Griffith, & Nolley..... They're wrong......
    I understand what they are saying. Nolley (as Lobot said) will be gone. Griffith is a 5 star and battle tested. The others appear to be solid additions but are untested at the higher levels of competition, both high school and AAU, Collier is a drive and dish guy and his success is predicated on somebody else finishing. We think and we hope we have such guys, and time will tell, but it could be a tough sell to a guy like Collier who may be more comfortable with other proven guys to share the offensive responsibility. Its really a matter of proven commodities vs hopeful commodities. If the hopefuls take a couple of years to develop and you are a one and done guy, what would you do to improve your NBA stock?

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

Skillings, Reed, Griffith, & Nolley..... They're wrong......
    Pretty sure Nolley would be gone by the time Collier arrives

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X