Comment

• Originally posted by SKell82155 View Post

Bret, they only have 3 majors at X-
      Holier than thou-Edness, Sanctimony, &
      Righteous Indignation
      Don't forget the "Gansta" major!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Jamarion Sharp from WKU is in the portal. 7’5 Center avg 4.1 blocks a game
        Any idea how he runs? Is he athletic?
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

This is a guy that Cincinnati should most definitely go after. Brannen recruited him. He was playing at the JUCO level or something like that before he went to WKU. He is very long, can run the floor, is mobile, and plays primarily on the defensive end. He is 7'5" and weighs about 235 pounds (skinny kid). His offensive and rebounding numbers are not impressive, but they are okay. (7.4 points and 7.7 rebounds a game). He may be capable of scoring more. He shot 62.8% on about 4.6 shots a game. That is not a lot of shots. He shot only 50% from the foul line. However, he is a pretty good rim protector (about 4.1 blocks a game). He is listed as a senior, so he may only have one year of playing time left. This is a guy that UC may be able to get if they go after him. Also, he is from Hopkinsville, KY, so he is from the region. If UC is interested, they must move fast. This guy is not going to be in the portal long. One last thing; he can be good for the program because Tolentino can learn from him. Imagine all the things about playing center that Tolentino can learn from Sharp that he cannot learn from the coaches.
          Last edited by leeraymond; 03-29-2023, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

UC is one of the many programs to contact Sparks

https://247sports.com/Article/Basket...tal-207102199/
            Payton Sparks to Indiana

Comment

• UC has contacted Keyon Menifield, a 6'1 freshman from Flint, MI who averaged 10.0 ppg at Washington
              https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...eyon-menifield
              https://twitter.com/tobias_bass/stat...15849523068928

Comment

• Maybe I’m wrong, but I believe we would have to hold Nolley’s spot open in case he wants to return, unless CWM has information that he is definitely gone. So if CWM is holding the spot, it looks like our roster is full, it seems like nobody is transferring out. In that case, if we can bring in an immediate contributor, what’s the move? So far, this is not going as I anticipated.

Comment

• Random name I'm dropping in here -- Kansas State's Ismael Massoud. The 6'9 forward from New York averaged just 5.4 and 1.7 but had 15 (including 4/6 from three) in Kansas State's Sweet 16 win versus Michigan State. Good outside shooting #s.

He played his first two seasons at Wake Forest, the same years Ody Oguama was there. Will be a grad transfer.
                  Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-29-2023, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Quincy Olivari has a zoom meeting with Wes Miller tomorrow night. 6’3 shooting guard grad transfer from Rice. Has 30 schools contacting him per Mark Berman with Fox Houston
                    18.7ppg
                    5.9 Rebounds
                    2.2 Assists

Rice all time 3point shot leader, though he shot 36.9% from three.

Comment

Random name I'm dropping in here -- Kansas State's Ismael Massoud. The 6'9 forward from New York averaged just 5.4 and 1.7 but had 15 (including 4/6 from three) in Kansas State's Sweet 16 win versus Michigan State. Good outside shooting #s.

He played his first two seasons at Wake Forest, the same years Ody Oguama was there. Will be a grad transfer.
                      He's got a good stroke, but he's another guy who likes to wander the perimeter at his size, which creates issues rebounding the ball. He's not very explosive either. My guess is he would not be what they are looking for in terms of position or athleticism. This team needs some rebounding and big boy pants inside with the ball.

Comment

• Tulane's Jalen Cook is entering the portal, first reported by ESPN's Draft Express https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/sta...C2qczpycYtAAAA
                        Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-29-2023, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Tulane's Jalen Cook is entering the portal, first reported by ESPN's Draft Express https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/sta...C2qczpycYtAAAA
                          Original LSU signee, transferred to Tulane.

Comment

UC has been in touch, among many others https://twitter.com/247HSHoops/statu...82879152766976

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                              18.7ppg
                              5.9 Rebounds
                              2.2 Assists

Rice all time 3point shot leader, though he shot 36.9% from three.
                              I just do not get it. With as many guards as Cincinnati has, why bring in another guard? Miller cannot play all of those guards if he wanted to not unless he plays people out of position. Someone help me to understand the purpose of bringing in all of those guards when big men are needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by leeraymond View Post

I just do not get it. With as many guards as Cincinnati has, why bring in another guard? Miller cannot play all of those guards if he wanted to not unless he plays people out of position. Someone help me to understand the purpose of bringing in all of those guards when big men are needed.
                                Maybe a guard or two on the current roster are leaving or considering it, but have not announced?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X