2023 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    @JonRothstein: One big theme going on right now in college basketball: The NCAA and compliance offices have made it clear that two-time transfers are going to have a very hard time earning immediate eligibility.
    Maybe why we haven’t seen UC mentioned with Jalen Cook.

Comment

• Tyler Nickel has committed to VT so that went nowhere
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

@TiptonEdits: Virginia transfer Kadin Shedrick has heard from the following schools since entering the portal, he tells @On3sports : Kansas Georgetown Butler Rutgers Oklahoma Wake Forest Indiana Cincinnati Xavier FSU Texas Iowa Kansas State Nebraska Seton Hall Wisconsin Vanderbilt Florida Notre Dame Georgia LSU Gonzaga BYU Missouri Northwestern SMU Indiana

I believe Chad B said on last night's BBP that the person handling Shedrick is a Xavier grad or something. So maybe doesn't sound as promising for UC? Idk

Shedrick still considering UC. And 17 others… https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...429-7Zsp1zj4Tg

Comment

• Not sure if this has been posted yet? But I would love to land either Freshman Guard with 3yrs of Eligibility..

https://www.si.com/college/cincinnat...reshman-guards

St. John's transfer guard AJ Storr (8.8 Pts, 1.9 Reb, 0.8 Ast) has reportedly heard from Cincinnati. The 6-foot-6 guard shot 40.4% from deep on 2.8 tries per game en route to Big East All-Freshman honors last season.

Next, we have reported contact for another freshman guard in Washington's Keyon Menifield (10.0 Pts, 2.9 Reb, 3.1 Ast).

Menifield cracked the Pac-12 All-Freshman team this past season, as he posted top-10 assist numbers in the conference. The 6-foot-1, 170-pound guard would be an instant spark to the UC offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
            Not sure if this has been posted yet? But I would love to land either Freshman Guard with 3yrs of Eligibility..

https://www.si.com/college/cincinnat...reshman-guards

St. John's transfer guard AJ Storr (8.8 Pts, 1.9 Reb, 0.8 Ast) has reportedly heard from Cincinnati. The 6-foot-6 guard shot 40.4% from deep on 2.8 tries per game en route to Big East All-Freshman honors last season.

Next, we have reported contact for another freshman guard in Washington's Keyon Menifield (10.0 Pts, 2.9 Reb, 3.1 Ast).

Menifield cracked the Pac-12 All-Freshman team this past season, as he posted top-10 assist numbers in the conference. The 6-foot-1, 170-pound guard would be an instant spark to the UC offense.
            Yes contacts with both Storr and Menifield have been posted :-)

Comment

• Caleb Mills has entered the portal and been contacted by Wes Miller. Mills was recruited here by Cronin and chose Houston over UC. He then transferred to FSU after 2 years. He’s got 1 super senior year to play but might need a waiver.

He’s originally from NC so I’m sure Wes is familiar with him. Avg 13.3 pts a game. Led Houston in scoring his freshman year there if memory serves.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                Caleb Mills has entered the portal and been contacted by Wes Miller. Mills was recruited here by Cronin and chose Houston over UC. He then transferred to FSU after 2 years. He’s got 1 super senior year to play but might need a waiver.

He’s originally from NC so I’m sure Wes is familiar with him. Avg 13.3 pts a game. Led Houston in scoring his freshman year there if memory serves.
                Mills has had an interesting career:
                - Graduated high school early and enrolled at Houston for the second semester of 2018-19, picked up a redshirt
                - Played a full season in 2019-20, though the postseason was halted by the pandemic
                - Only played 4 games in 2020-21 (maybe there was an ankle injury in there?) and left the team for personal reasons in January 2021
                - Played two seasons at FSU

I thought he might have two years left, but I'm guessing no medical redshirt for 2020-21 even if he was hurt

So he redshirted on a Sweet 16 team, the tourney was canceled his first real season, he left a team that ended up making a Final Four, and then has been on one decent and one bad FSU team

He turns 23 this summer

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Maybe why we haven’t seen UC mentioned with Jalen Cook.
                  Cook is expected to go to LSU

Comment

• So the Transfer Portal started on March 13th..? As of March 31st, we've shown plenty of interest in some high impact players... The question is, are we any closer to landing any of them 2 weeks in....?

Comment

• Another mention of UC reaching out to Caleb Mills https://twitter.com/JBHoopSeen/statu...59590692843520

He might be a grad transfer, by the way. In which case, I would think a possible waiver would not be needed.
                      Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-31-2023, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Another mention of UC reaching out to Caleb Mills https://twitter.com/JBHoopSeen/statu...59590692843520

He might be a grad transfer, by the way. In which case, I would think a possible waiver would not be needed.
                        Unless Mills has a degree, as a two-time transferee, he'd have to sit a year.

Comment

So the Transfer Portal started on March 13th..? As of March 31st, we've shown plenty of interest in some high impact players... The question is, are we any closer to landing any of them 2 weeks in....?
                          I've only seen confirmation of three zoom meetings, the highest profile being Eddie Lampkin. One was guy from Temple, and I honestly forget the other one. No dancing Bearcat yet...hope he isn't a wallflower this portal round.
                          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

So the Transfer Portal started on March 13th..? As of March 31st, we've shown plenty of interest in some high impact players... The question is, are we any closer to landing any of them 2 weeks in....?
                            Well, we were still playing up to March 22nd. So we may have gotten a late start, at least as far as personal contact.

Comment

• UC is one of many programs to have contacted 7'1 Marshall freshman Micah Handlogten. The big man from -- yep, North Carolina -- averaged 7.6 points, 9.8 rebounds and 2.3 blocks per game this season

https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/sta...C-kb7hiMktAAAA

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Well, we were still playing up to March 22nd. So we may have gotten a late start, at least as far as personal contact.
                                That wouldn't be the case with any that entered the portal after the 22nd. There's plenty of good players who have entered the portal recently that we've contacted. Playing in the B12 isn't a strong enough appeal or attractive enough to attract for players to come.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X