2023 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Maybe a guard or two on the current roster are leaving or considering it, but have not announced?
    Yeah. You are probably right. After I gave the matter further thought, if Nolley leaves, which is a very strong possibility, UC most definitely is going to need a guard that can score consistently. UC may not only lose Nolley, but DeJulius is gone for sure. So, UC's two best scorers may not be back. That is a big problem. None of the remaining players can match Nolley's or DeJulius' productivity. Who knows, maybe somebody currently on the roster will have a break-out season. You never know what can happen. Nobody saw Kenyon Martin's senior year coming.
    Last edited by leeraymond; 03-29-2023, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by leeraymond View Post

I just do not get it. With as many guards as Cincinnati has, why bring in another guard? Miller cannot play all of those guards if he wanted to not unless he plays people out of position. Someone help me to understand the purpose of bringing in all of those guards when big men are needed.
      Jizzle and Day Day aren't sure things. It may take a year for one or both of them to adjust to the new level of play.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
        @jakeweingarten: TCU transfer Eddie Lampkin tells @Stockrisers he’s heard from LSU, Xavier, Arkansas, Boise State, Arizona State, Providence, Florida, Cincinnati, UCF, South Carolina, and many more. One of the top-available transfers in the portal.

6'11 sophomore from Houston, TX. Averaged 6.3 and 5.9 this year (similar #s to the year before). Went for 16 and 12 versus Providence early in the season. Scored 17 versus Kansas State in January.
        Weingarten: Cincinnati’s Wes Miller and staff just finished a zoom with TCU’s Eddie Lampkin, he told @Stockrisers. Bearcats amongst those heavily involved with one of the top-ranked transfer bigs in the entire portal.

Comment

I just do not get it. With as many guards as Cincinnati has, why bring in another guard? Miller cannot play all of those guards if he wanted to not unless he plays people out of position. Someone help me to understand the purpose of bringing in all of those guards when big men are needed.
          Jay Wright played a lot of small lineups and won some championships playing small and fast.
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Random name I'm dropping in here -- Kansas State's Ismael Massoud. The 6'9 forward from New York averaged just 5.4 and 1.7 but had 15 (including 4/6 from three) in Kansas State's Sweet 16 win versus Michigan State. Good outside shooting #s.

He played his first two seasons at Wake Forest, the same years Ody Oguama was there. Will be a grad transfer.
            Massoud is officially in the portal.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Yeah. You are probably right. After I gave the matter further thought, if Nolley leaves, which is a very strong possibility, UC most definitely is going to need a guard that can score consistently. UC may not only lose Nolley, but DeJulius is gone for sure. So, UC's two best scorers may not be back. That is a big problem. None of the remaining players can match Nolley's or DeJulius' productivity. Who knows, maybe somebody currently on the roster will have a break-out season. You never know what can happen. Nobody saw Kenyon Martin's senior year coming.
              If I recall, Kenyan played for Bobby Knight over the summer and came back a different player. I am not sure that is a fact but Knight was the best at getting the most out of his players. He was also the best at tournament time because he could prepare a team in two days better than anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

If I recall, Kenyan played for Bobby Knight over the summer and came back a different player. I am not sure that is a fact but Knight was the best at getting the most out of his players. He was also the best at tournament time because he could prepare a team in two days better than anyone.
                Good point. Yeah, Kenyon played on one of the U.S. international teams the summer of his senior year. He came back a totally different player. All of a sudden his offense came to life.

Comment

• Originally posted by zykarious View Post

Jizzle and Day Day aren't sure things. It may take a year for one or both of them to adjust to the new level of play.

I think this is under appreciated. It’s not a given that both will be able to log 30 minutes a game next season. It would be great to have MAW come back as insurance but recognize that is up to both Coach and player.

Comment

Weingarten: Cincinnati’s Wes Miller and staff just finished a zoom with TCU’s Eddie Lampkin, he told @Stockrisers. Bearcats amongst those heavily involved with one of the top-ranked transfer bigs in the entire portal.
                    On the subject of Eddie Lampkin, he seems like he has a lot of potential but this March 10th column from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram -- titled "TCU’s Eddie Lampkin an example of what can go wrong with NIL, and a big head" -- suggests he carries a lot of baggage with him

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...272966515.html

Comment

• Here's an interesting one -- and a North Carolina native too:

Caleb Mills -- two years at Houston, two years at FSU. Based on only 4 games played in 2020-21, probably has two years of eligibility left.

6'5, career averages of 13.0 points, 3.0 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 1.3 steals. Not the best shooting percentages.

Comment

On the subject of Eddie Lampkin, he seems like he has a lot of potential but this March 10th column from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram -- titled "TCU’s Eddie Lampkin an example of what can go wrong with NIL, and a big head" -- suggests he carries a lot of baggage with him

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...272966515.html
                        I am sure Wes and every coach recruiting him is aware of his abrupt and awkward end to playing with TCU. I am also hopeful that he learned his lesson. If he commits to do the work, he can become a better player. Add in that the UC monster factory isn't going to let him slide. Should Wes decide to extend an offer, Eddie would be watched closely to make sure he is keeping his promises.
                        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• UC is one of many programs to have reached out to AJ Storr, a 6'6 freshman transferring out of St. John's. The Illinois native averaged 8.8 points this past season.

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...C-gfnB1MctAAAA

Comment

• Originally posted by bg703 View Post

I think this is under appreciated. It’s not a given that both will be able to log 30 minutes a game next season. It would be great to have MAW come back as insurance but recognize that is up to both Coach and player.
                            If Day Day who's has some level of experience higher than high school, Newman, and Skillings can't exceed the point outpoint that DDJ and Nolley produced we are going to be in for a long long ride in the B12.

Comment

• Ace Baldwin from VCU is in the portal. I don’t think we’d take on another PG but he’s the current POY and DPOY in the A10
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• @JonRothstein: One big theme going on right now in college basketball: The NCAA and compliance offices have made it clear that two-time transfers are going to have a very hard time earning immediate eligibility.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X