2023 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @icetimecleve from the Peoria paper:

Seen in Peoria today near One World Cafe: former Bradley center Rienk Mast meeting with what was believed to be a Cincinnati assistant coach (coach was decked out in Cincy gear).

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
      @icetimecleve from the Peoria paper:

Seen in Peoria today near One World Cafe: former Bradley center Rienk Mast meeting with what was believed to be a Cincinnati assistant coach (coach was decked out in Cincy gear).
      Chad B, reporting not an assistant and left it at that? Another coach? A booster? He can't get NIL money in the states. Interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

Chad B, reporting not an assistant and left it at that? Another coach? A booster? He can't get NIL money in the states. Interesting.
        I don't think anyone other than Wes and the three assistants is allowed to go on recruiting visits. My guess is Chad is giving a cryptic hint, one of the three "assistants" has a title other than assistant (associate HC), so it was Chad Dollar who met with Mast, either that or it was Wes himself (but I assume he'd be recognized).

Comment

• It's Drew Adams. Adams was the guy that recruited Mast to Bradley in the first place.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            It's Drew Adams. Adams was the guy that recruited Mast to Bradley in the first place.
            Don't think Adams is allowed to recruit off campus in his current role. Only Wes, Mike Roberts, Chad Dollar and Andre Morgan are allowed to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by zykarious View Post

I don't think anyone other than Wes and the three assistants is allowed to go on recruiting visits. My guess is Chad is giving a cryptic hint, one of the three "assistants" has a title other than assistant (associate HC), so it was Chad Dollar who met with Mast, either that or it was Wes himself (but I assume he'd be recognized).
              So if it is CWM this is a quite hot player.

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I think he would "force the issue" with a few 4 year players who still have their COVID year before either Hensley or Landers. Mika, JD, CJ Anthony (walk-on?), Ody or Kalu (possibly)
                The need for another presence underneath is what is agreed upon that this team needs so you have to keep Ody. You already have two guards coming in so the two likely to be asked are either Mika or Hensley. Hens LL ey is in no man's land positionally and can't get playing time so there is that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post

The need for another presence underneath is what is agreed upon that this team needs so you have to keep Ody. You already have two guards coming in so the two likely to be asked are either Mika or Hensley. Hens LL ey is in no man's land positionally and can't get playing time so there is that.
                  Are you not counting Griffith as a guard? I count 3 guards coming in.

Comment

• Originally posted by zykarious View Post

Don't think Adams is allowed to recruit off campus in his current role. Only Wes, Mike Roberts, Chad Dollar and Andre Morgan are allowed to do so.
                    I know he isn't but he has a previous relationship with the guy from his time at Bradley. Also, are you technically recruiting when the player is in the transfer portal? Do the same rules apply? I honestly am not sure here.

That doesn't touch on the fact that since they know each already, it might just be coffee and they didn't talk about a single thing regarding transferring to UC.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I know he isn't but he has a previous relationship with the guy from his time at Bradley. Also, are you technically recruiting when the player is in the transfer portal? Do the same rules apply? I honestly am not sure here.

That doesn't touch on the fact that since they know each already, it might just be coffee and they didn't talk about a single thing regarding transferring to UC.
                      I can’t imagine taking a new job and coming back to the campus/area of the old one wearing logos of the new program

Comment

It's Drew Adams. Adams was the guy that recruited Mast to Bradley in the first place.
                        I am wrong here. It’s not Drew
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I am wrong here. It’s not Drew
                          Correct, Dave Eminian @icetimecleve confirmed it wasn’t Adams, and he knows him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Are you not counting Griffith as a guard? I count 3 guards coming in.
                            Actually I am / was aware of Griffith listed as a guard. But at 6' 7" He can be used as a guard or at the wing together w Nolley or in combo with if he stays. The point I was stressing is that #1 the majority of contacts so far out of the portal are guards and we need no more and # 2 is that the two guards we have recruited JJ and Thomas reasonably do swap out MAW of remaining and DDJ. The type of game that Miller would like to employ is dependent on guards that go up & down the court. MAW in the four years he's been here has not shown the will or ability to "general the field at a fast pace. Hopefully the guards coming in are the exact type Miller wants to do that.
                            Last edited by Rufus; 03-26-2023, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• Brandon Murray (Georgetown) in the portal. UC showed interest last year when he left LSU. Averaged almost 14 ppg this year but not good shooting numbers.

Comment

• Evan Mahaffey is leaving Penn St and is in the portal this morning. We had a lot of contact with him during his initial recruiting period.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X