No announcement yet.

2023 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would have thought if Hensley was transferring he would have declared by now. Complicated in that he needs a waiver to play next year which is very iffy. Next year will be his fourth season and he likely graduates so he could go out as a grad transfer and take the Covid season somewhere he might play more, but who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by coach View Post
      I would have thought if Hensley was transferring he would have declared by now. Complicated in that he needs a waiver to play next year which is very iffy. Next year will be his fourth season and he likely graduates so he could go out as a grad transfer and take the Covid season somewhere he might play more, but who knows.
      good points-- also this reflects on CWM as Hensley did follow him. Hopefully the coaching of CWM will reflect to bringing him close to the 4 star level he was.-- Coach I am getting excited about next year. It will be a very telling year in the history of Bearcat Basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

good points-- also this reflects on CWM as Hensley did follow him. Hopefully the coaching of CWM will reflect to bringing him close to the 4 star level he was.-- Coach I am getting excited about next year. It will be a very telling year in the history of Bearcat Basketball.
        How do you plan to gauge Wes next year? We will be lucky to get 8-12 wins (barring major recruiting coups soon), so hope you will be using some other measures.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

How do you plan to gauge Wes next year? We will be lucky to get 8-12 wins (barring major recruiting coups soon), so hope you will be using some other measures.
          Well I want to see motivated "TEAM" play. I want to see the teaching and grasping of fundamental basketball. After the last few years, a concentrated team effort over the me first shoot game will show me improvement. I can handle losses, if I see true basketball growth as the Cats are building for the future. I would have hope the future would be in the 3rd year, (still might be), but there has been obstacles. I want to see physical effort made on positioning for rebounds and putting bodies on the other team. I don't want to see the team give up as they did at the end of last season and they were too lazy to get back on defense. WE got a couple of nicely ranked recruits. I want to see them blended in and grow. I didn't see a whole lot of effort last year when down, but I did see a lot of whining. That needs to be corrected as they need to stop crying and get back to playing. I would still call that a good season, but my dream is for CWM to have a major signature win. Why I say it will be telling is if we see what we saw this year, there needs to be a lot of questions asked concerning the leadership. We have had 4 years of excrement in regards to both play and attitude. That has to be changed.
          PS you can't whine, or be lazy and expect to compete with Kansas etc. I don't think the Cats got in the BIG12 to be dismissed easily. It will be telling.
          Last edited by leo from jersey; 04-15-2023, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• You have Skillings, Reed, and big Vik as litmus tests as far as developing basketball players. If these three come in are better than they were last year that's the proof. The attitudes and postering after made shots must be eliminated. And like Leo says follow up your shots and get back on defense. I have no clue as to what to think about Hensley.Thats a quagmire within itself. One more thing. Defense I need to see that CWM can teach/ scheme a defense to any players who able / willing to play it. It's definitely going to be a losing effort next year ( barring some phenomenal developments) but if these things show up then I will be happy.

Comment

• Travis Branham of 247:

Hofstra transfer Aaron Estrada has canceled his scheduled visit to Florida State this weekend, he tells @247SportsPortal.

Was among his four finalists with Alabama, Cincinnati and Kansas State.

Comment

• Hope this is good news for the good guys🙏

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                  Hope this is good news for the good guys🙏
                  If Estrada picks us, what gives on roster spots? Does this mean no medical redshirt for Newmann or someone enters portal?
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Estrada takes the spot Nolley vacated going pro. If he decides to come here. Nolley has stated he intends to pursue the draft.
                    Last edited by Rufus; 04-16-2023, 07:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                      Travis Branham of 247:

Hofstra transfer Aaron Estrada has canceled his scheduled visit to Florida State this weekend, he tells @247SportsPortal.

This happened because FSU took another player at Estrada's position. He was at Alabama yesterday I believe. They will back up the money truck.

K-State looks like the leader for Max Abmas which would also be at the same position I believe.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I am not sure if K State is leading for Abmas but them focusing on him (and thus not prioritizing Estrada in way that UC may be) is a plus.

Comment

• It will be interesting if Simas L from Butler visits this week and seems to be a guy they can add what do they do given Estrada is announcing 4/29. I think guys can enter the portal thru mid May(from memory) but with one opening right now they are both guys that would be excellent adds. Stay tuned if they are in the hunt on both.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                            Travis Branham of 247:

did he visit anywhere after UC?

Comment

• Originally posted by coach View Post
                              It will be interesting if Simas L from Butler visits this week and seems to be a guy they can add what do they do given Estrada is announcing 4/29. I think guys can enter the portal thru mid May(from memory) but with one opening right now they are both guys that would be excellent adds. Stay tuned if they are in the hunt on both.
                              I think Estrada would be a lot more immediate help, which would be good moving to the Big 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat9796 View Post

did he visit anywhere after UC?
                                Yes, Bama. He still plans to visit K State.

On the Simas Lukosius front, he just visited Okie State and is at BYU today, per Chad Brendel. His UC visit will be sometime this week.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X