No announcement yet.

2023 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C Aziz Bandaogo from Utah Valley is the portal today. This the guy that killed us on interior defense during the NIT.

He’s citing mental health as a reason for leaving. Not sure what that’s about to be honest.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      C Aziz Bandaogo from Utah Valley is the portal today. This the guy that killed us on interior defense during the NIT.

He’s citing mental health as a reason for leaving. Not sure what that’s about to be honest.
      Mental health is likely going to be the main reason many two-time (hopeful) transfers will cite in order to get waivers to play immediately. Aziz has played at Akron and UVU.

Also, just saw this via @trillydonovan: The two-time transfer rules are effecting recruitments all over the country. Guys like Moussa Cisse, Ques Glover and Efton Reid have had to pivot a few times because of eligibility concerns.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Mental health is likely going to be the main reason many two-time (hopeful) transfers will cite in order to get waivers to play immediately. Aziz has played at Akron and UVU.

Also, just saw this via @trillydonovan: The two-time transfer rules are effecting recruitments all over the country. Guys like Moussa Cisse, Ques Glover and Efton Reid have had to pivot a few times because of eligibility concerns.
        Excellent point. Didn't even think of that.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I think there is good news expected today, which I would presume to be Simas Lukosius from Butler

Comment

I think there is good news expected today, which I would presume to be Simas Lukosius from Butler

What do you know....?

Comment

• I know that even people that are outside our program and fanbase seem to think this is about to happen today.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• And there’s the Commitment from Lukosius.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Charles Pride from Bryant is in the portal and MAW is openly advocating for him to come here.
                  St Bonaventure Bonnies

Comment

Symir Torrence (Syracuse via Marquette) into the portal.

Remember UC was really in on him 4 years ago? The former 4-star recruit finished his fourth college season and averaged 2.4 points per game, down from a career best 2.6 as a junior.
                    Transferring to Binghamton. So he’ll be a Bearcat after all.

Comment

• Has Hensley found a new home yet?

Comment

UC has reached out to Russel Tchewa, USF's 7-footer who averaged 11.1 and 8.6 this past season (one year left, started at Texas Tech). https://twitter.com/247hshoops/statu...ZkkAwm-jVJYRQg

It's entirely possible they reached out before Reynolds committed; otherwise, would raise some questions if they were still looking at more big men.
                        Georgia Bulldogs

Comment

C Aziz Bandaogo from Utah Valley is the portal today. This the guy that killed us on interior defense during the NIT.

@ThePortalReport: “Utah Valley transfer Aziz Bandaogo tells TPR that he has received interest from:

Duke
                          Cincinnati
                          Kansas
                          Vanderbilt
                          Illinois
                          Cal

Averaged a double-double with 11.5PPG and 10.4RPG this season! Also blocked 2.9 shots per game.”

Comment

@ThePortalReport: “Utah Valley transfer Aziz Bandaogo tells TPR that he has received interest from:

Duke
                            Cincinnati
                            Kansas
                            Vanderbilt
                            Illinois
                            Cal

Averaged a double-double with 11.5PPG and 10.4RPG this season! Also blocked 2.9 shots per game.”

Thought we were full. Is it possible that John Newman won’t get the medical redshirt?

Comment

• We are full and that’s the only avenue unless someone else wants to leave
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I brought this guy up last week and knew we’d be interested but that was before the Lukosius signing. I mean you take him if there’s a spot but currently there’s not a spot.

I suspect he’ll follow Madsen to Cal but he’s obviously got better options if he wants to take them.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X