Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    @GoodmanHoops:

Transfer Portal timing makes little sense. The best teams are being penalized for winning because they are preparing for the NCAA tourney, even the NIT, and the teams that aren't in postseason are doing in-home visits.

Assistants and head coaches preparing for tourney games. Don't have much time for zooms, never mind an in-home visit. Portal opening should pushed back two weeks. NCAA rewarding teams that aren't successful.
    This proves my point exactly. The blue bloods are disadvantaged by the timing of the opening of the portal. In order to maintain their status they will see to move it back.

Comment

The portal runs from yesterday to May 11. To be honest I could have sworn it wasn't opening until after the tournaments. I'm nor sure the portal timing is a disdvantage to the blue bloods or UC.

When you look at the portal candiates there are a few things to consider. You have multiple types of players entering the portal.

1. Unhappy blue blood players looking for more playing time at a slightly lower level.
      2. Players at the high major level that don't get along with the coach or get stuck in a coaching change. (You could argue Nolley and DeJulius would fit this one)
      3. Mid level or low major players that are the team star and looking to move up a level in play. (Maybe Cane Broome here)

And then there's everyone else.

These 3 categories are the guys UC should be looking for in the portal unless they are carrying baggage of some sort. Category 1 and 2 should be the focus. Take a 3 as a roster filler or backup scorer
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Javon Small at ECU is in the portal.

A good portion of Temple, Georgetown and Texas Tech rosters are available including Fardaws Aimaq.

Wake , Butler and Tulsa seem to have some guys available including a 7'0 Center from Wake.

Kenny Pohto at Wichita is in the portal. 6'11 PF

Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          The portal runs from yesterday to May 11. To be honest I could have sworn it wasn't opening until after the tournaments. I'm nor sure the portal timing is a disdvantage to the blue bloods or UC.

When you look at the portal candiates there are a few things to consider. You have multiple types of players entering the portal.

1. Unhappy blue blood players looking for more playing time at a slightly lower level.
          2. Players at the high major level that don't get along with the coach or get stuck in a coaching change. (You could argue Nolley and DeJulius would fit this one)
          3. Mid level or low major players that are the team star and looking to move up a level in play. (Maybe Cane Broome here)

And then there's everyone else.

These 3 categories are the guys UC should be looking for in the portal unless they are carrying baggage of some sort. Category 1 and 2 should be the focus. Take a 3 as a roster filler or backup scorer
          would Souley Boum from X be in category 3?

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

would Souley Boum from X be in category 3?
            Honestly, if you’re forecasting results, yeah he would. He’s outplayed that for sure
            Last edited by Lobot; 03-15-2023, 09:02 PM.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I hope Wes puts a full court press in recruiting John Hughley and Eddie Lampkin. I am liking Ody and Kalu more and more at the end of the season, but Vik needs help down low. Between recruits, and returning players, I think we are set at PG, SG, and Wing. We need to beef up the power forward/center positions. You never say no to a highly talented guard, but focus should be on the Bigs
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Also

Temple’s Jamille Reynolds tells @Stockrisers he intends on entering the transfer portal. Will draw high-major suitors. 10.1 points, 5.4 rebounds, and 1.1 blocks per game.
                UC has reached out to Temple's Reynolds https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...DTndbmzLUtAAAA

Comment

Reynolds is from the Fla. area. so maybe he has a relationship with Mr. Dollar already. We need another "presence" in the paint so here's hoping CWM and staff can pull this off.
                  Last edited by Rufus; 03-17-2023, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Ball State big man Payton Sparks has entered the portal. Last year he entered the portal and UC made contact but then he wound up staying at Ball State. Never seemed like UC was necessarily in the mix, but there was at least interest from UC. https://vb.bearcatnews.com/forum/bas...rks-transfer-c

Averaged 13.3 and 8.7 this year in his sophomore campaign. From Winchester, Indiana.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                      John Hugley from Pitt into the portal. As I recall, we once made one of his cutdown lists, and he had an offer from UC. I think it was the previous coaching staff though.
                      UC among the many programs to have contacted Hughley
                      https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/stat...C9-Y-757UtAAAA

Comment

Jaykwon Walton at Wichita is in the portal. We’ve had some contact with him during the HS recruiting cycle.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Charles Pride from Bryant is in the portal and MAW is openly advocating for him to come here.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Can we at least snag a forward / center before we continue the influx of guards.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                              Can we at least snag a forward / center before we continue the influx of guards.
                              I agree. It seems like we are only recruiting guards sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                                Charles Pride from Bryant is in the portal and MAW is openly advocating for him to come here.
                                @jakeweingarten: Arkansas, Rhode Island, Cincinnati, Louisville, SMU, Loyola Chicago, LMU, San Francisco, are amongst the several programs to reach out to Bryant graduate transfer Charles Pride, he told @Stockrisers. Averaged 14.6 points, 6.1 boards, 2.4 assists, 1.5 steals, per game.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X