Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Also

Temple’s Jamille Reynolds tells @Stockrisers he intends on entering the transfer portal. Will draw high-major suitors. 10.1 points, 5.4 rebounds, and 1.1 blocks per game.
    @jakeweingarten: Florida, Miss. State, Rutgers, Arkansas, Cincinnati, Iowa, South Carolina, amongst the schools interested in Temple transfer Jamille Reynolds, a source told @Stockrisers. 10.1 points, 5.6 boards, and 1.0 blocks per game.

Comment

Rienk Mast -- a 6'9 junior at Bradley -- is hitting the portal. The Netherlands native averaged 13.8 and 8.0 this season and was a first-team all MVC selection.

I don't know if he's a Big 12 caliber player, but I do note the connection to Drew Adams, who took a position on the UC staff via Bradley. Adams recruited Mast to Bradley. https://www.pjstar.com/story/sports/...s/69960415007/

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
        Rienk Mast -- a 6'9 junior at Bradley -- is hitting the portal. The Netherlands native averaged 13.8 and 8.0 this season and was a first-team all MVC selection.

I don't know if he's a Big 12 caliber player, but I do note the connection to Drew Adams, who took a position on the UC staff via Bradley. Adams recruited Mast to Bradley. https://www.pjstar.com/story/sports/...s/69960415007/
        14 points and 12 rebounds in the NIT loss to Wisconsin. For the season averaged 13.8 points and 8 rebounds. Shot 51.8 % FG, 73% FT shooter.

Comment

Jamie Shaw at On3 is reporting that UC staff has made contact with UNC’s Tyler Nickel
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            Jamie Shaw at On3 is reporting that UC staff has made contact with UNC’s Tyler Nickel
            Our previous staff offered him back in November 2020, not sure what contact the current staff had.

Comment

Nickel had an undistinquished frosh season, playing in 25 of 33 games, averaging 2.1 ppg with 0.6 rpg. He had a tough time shooting in 6.0 min/game [15/40 FG (37.5%); 6/27 treys (22.2%)]. Nickel did shoot well from the line in limited attempts [16/19 (84.2%)].

Comment

So they have to recruit kids in the portal just in case they have someone leave. If no one leaves, great. If someone does you might get someone to replace them. Either way it's wasting time that could be spent on a 4 year guy. I don't like maybe I just don't get it but I'd be fine with them just ignoring it completely. Barring another mass exodus.

Comment

In a perfect world it would work out that way but with kids today you can't depend on them sticking for four years. It can work for the coach as well. The ugly part is that If a kid is not developing as predicted then the coach could find another destination for such a player to make room for a different potential recruit.

I agree with you Dr.K in that it's not beneficial to college bball but unfortunately that's where we find ourselves at this time.

Comment

Eddie Lampkin to Gtown. Bummer. I was we’d get more into that that conversation
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Eddie Lampkin to Gtown. Bummer. I was we’d get more into that that conversation
                      Nevermind that was apparently false
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

He sure is a big man. So he's not committed yet?

Comment

Garwey Dual, de-commit from Providence. Have to think GTown has the inside track here.

Georgetown, Cincinnati, St. John’s, Georgia, Houston, Seton Hall, Dayton, Indiana, DePaul, Ohio State, Butler, South Carolina, Texas, Louisville and NC State have all reached out to four-star senior Garwey Dual since reopening his recruitment, a source tells @247Sports.
                          Last edited by longtimefan; 03-20-2023, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Nope

In other news from Travis Branham:

https://twitter.com/travisbranham_/s...Vejy7i9nQSL1ug
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

To be clear, former Providence commit Garwey Dual is a 2023 recruit and not a transfer

Comment

Iona F Quinn Slazinski is entering the transfer portal. He played two years at Louisville and two at Iona, so would have one year left. The 6'9 senior averaged 11.3 and 5.7 this past season. I think he was recruited by the new staff when he went portaling two years ago - granted they had many more roster spots to fill.

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/st...Cz-afvmbstAAAA
                                Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-21-2023, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X