No announcement yet.

2023 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be surprised if we end up having more than one or two spots open, and as always you continue to recruit regardless of availability until you know for sure. However, i'd put a front court player at the top of the list unless MAW doesn't come back which would really surprise me. Guys like MAW, Ody, JD, are not likely to improve their situations leaving for a one year stay somewhere, and honestly given our experience with transfers and impact in year one we're still much better off building with guys who are going to be here more than one year or two. The Nolley's of the portal are few and far between who can come in and contribute in year one. We're lucky if we can grab one of those guys in the portal each year. If MAW were not to come back, we're going to need an experienced pg. Even if Jizzie can contribute significantly year one, it's to critical a position to lose all 3 guys in one season. Quality and fit over quantity. Although we didn't make the Ncaa tourney this year, I thought the overall play was much better in year 2 vs year 1 in a new system. Hopefully guys like Ody, Skillings and Reed take a step up contributing next year, and they can blend a new guy or two in to supplement the loss of DDJ. Just have to see.

Comment

We've got the juco point guard coming to stabilize the guards next year and I agree that CWM's system needs guards but the glaring weakness of this team is the lack of options to score in the paint and rebounders and defending underneath. Vik made strides this past season but was not the same after he got hurt. I love Ody's energy and tenacity but he lacks scoring skills creating shots. It doesn't appear to me that he's not looking or working towards expediting his bball career professionally. Plus, if Hensley is just taking up bench space because He can't find a position on the floor to make the team better then if you can convince a proven power forward to come here to play then you have to make room for him. I'm not talking just picking up a body to replace another body like we did with Kalu, I'm talking someone who has proven they can do it. In these days of the NIL / and the portal players frequently show no obligation to a program so why can't it work both ways.
      Last edited by Rufus; 03-17-2023, 05:59 PM.

Comment

NEWS: North Carolina guard Dontrez Styles plans to enter the transfer portal, he tells @On3sports. Former 4⭐️ recruit.
        https://twitter.com/tiptonedits/stat...afEvcB3TiB6zmg

I wonder how many ties CWM has to UNC.

Comment

As he is just a soph. I would think that he would have at least met or talked to Roy Williams. In the six degree formula then I would suspect that Dontrez would have come into contract with both CMW and Coach Dollar.

Comment

UC, among many others, has reached out to Kowacie Reeves (Florida) https://twitter.com/TravisBranham_/s...31879973199872

Reeves is a former top 50 recruit from Macon, Georgia. The 6'6 sophomore averaged 8.5 ppg this year.

Comment

UC has contacted Zack Austin, a 6’5 freshman from High Point. The North Carolina native averaged more than 14 points.

https://twitter.com/theportalreport/...429-7Zsp1zj4Tg

Comment

With portal possibilities in mind, have Newman
                Phinisee (sp?) made their intentions known ?

Comment

I may not be 100% correct but I believe only Phinesee's and DDJ's eligibility are exhausted giving CWM two roster spots to fill. More could open up if someone decides to portal elsewhere. That is where we stand if this correct.

Comment

Originally posted by SKell82155 View Post
                    With portal possibilities in mind, have Newman
                    Phinisee (sp?) made their intentions known ?
                    Phinisee is out of eligibility, he can’t come back. As far as I know, Newman wants to return.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                      I may not be 100% correct but I believe only Phinesee's and DDJ's eligibility are exhausted giving CWM two roster spots to fill. More could open up if someone decides to portal elsewhere. That is where we stand if this correct.
                      Ezikpe as well. Three incoming recruits - James, Griffith and Thompson - will take those three. That leaves room only if someone transfers out.

Comment

The staff has contacted Jayden Taylor formerly of Butler. Taylor is a former 3 star 6’ 4 shooting guard from Indy.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          The staff has contacted Jayden Taylor formerly of Butler. Taylor is a former 3 star 6’ 4 shooting guard from Indy.
                          UC is one of the 9 or so schools that has contacted Taylor the most. https://twitter.com/247hshoops/statu...429-7Zsp1zj4Tg

Also, Xavier and Arkansas have contacted every kid in the portal…

Comment

Here is a potentially interesting name: Jae'Lyn Withers, a junior on Louisville who just hit the portal. He is a former 4-star recruit.

The 6'9 220-lb. forward is from Charlotte, NC but played his senior year of HS in Cleveland. His dad, Curtis Withers, played at Charlotte in 2002-2006 -- so right when Wes Miller was playing ball in college. Good chance they know each other.

JW averaged 8.9 and 5.3 this year for a terrible UL squad. Two years ago, he averaged 10.1 and 7.7 as a freshman.

https://gocards.com/sports/mens-bask...-withers/13312

Comment

@TravisBranham_: Minnesota transfer Jamison Battle will have an in-home visit with Butler tomorrow and has heard directly from the following programs, a source tells @247SportsPortal: Xavier Clemson Oklahoma Iowa State Utah LSU Ohio State Indiana Santa Clara Nebraska Arkansas Oklahoma St. Wake Forest Illinois Cincinnati Villanova

This guy is good. Should have one year left.
                              Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-20-2023, 12:02 PM.

Comment

@jeffborzello: Temple guard Damian Dunn has entered the transfer portal, per source. Averaged 15.3 points this season and 14.9 last season. 6-foot-5 from Kinston, N.C.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X