No announcement yet.

2024 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida sophomore Riley Kugel (9.2 ppg) transferring to Kansas.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

After David Yost's lawsuit against the NCAA on the basis of anti-trust, we now officially are in the Wild, Wild West of transfers. There theoretically are no limits to the number of times any athlete may transfer. The only thing that hasn't been tested (yet) is the ability to transfer midseason and play immediately for the new school.
      Even under the currently unenforceable NCAA rules, I don't think there are any restrictions for players who have graduated. The new rules were for undergraduate transfers. Reynolds might be on track to graduate this summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by leeraymond View Post

Where would Reynolds go? He is not able to transfer again, is he? I cannot see him transferring to a below D-1 program. Does he have professional level talent? I am curious. If Reynolds does NOT return, what are his options going forward?
        I would think he could find a place in the pros overseas. He could probably make more or just as much in a back up role overseas than NIL money.

Comment

• Imagine the NFL, NBA, or MLB, if every player was a free agent every year. It’s like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

After David Yost's lawsuit against the NCAA on the basis of anti-trust, we now officially are in the Wild, Wild West of transfers. There theoretically are no limits to the number of times any athlete may transfer. The only thing that hasn't been tested (yet) is the ability to transfer midseason and play immediately for the new school.
            I think you may have misunderstood the agreement in the lawsuit. The players were eligible for this year only and there will still be litigation for the merits of the lawsuit. It’s not a permanent relief for transfers. They just kicked the can down the road to let those players be eligible.

Comment

• Originally posted by zykarious View Post

I wouldn't count Reed, but him and Simas are the next closest thing to "front court players".

Doubt either of them is transferring though, if the report is accurate then I expect Sage, Vik and Reynolds to be gone.
              which is very sensible as all 3 gave little, if anything at the end of the year. You had to suspect reynolds by the way he quit playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

I think you may have misunderstood the agreement in the lawsuit. The players were eligible for this year only and there will still be litigation for the merits of the lawsuit. It’s not a permanent relief for transfers. They just kicked the can down the road to let those players be eligible.
                What are the odds that the NCAA would come out on top of this situation, barring Congressional action, which is highly unlikely in the present political environment? They are on an extended losing streak.

As far as Reynolds' ability to transfer a third time, which is what generated this part of the thread, there appears to be no roadblock to a successful transfer this school year.
                Last edited by swilsonsp4; 03-31-2024, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Former Top 50/60 recruit Scotty Middleton of Ohio State is headed to the portal.

Look for it to be a busy day today.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                    Former Top 50/60 recruit Scotty Middleton of Ohio State is headed to the portal.

Look for it to be a busy day today.
                    He has his name in the NFL draft while remaining in college. he needs feedback to work on and then possibly be gone in a year. Don't like the way he abandoned the team at the end and didn't play - no injury reported.

Comment

• Sharing for content purposes, not for actual UC interest...

KJ Satterfield into the portal. Kenny's son was a freshman for Andy Kennedy's UAB and scored 3 points in one game. Not sure if he was hurt or just not that level of a player. Was a local kid for part of high school.

Comment

• We have not contacted this guy but Creighton's Brock Vice keeps coming up for me. 6'10 Freshman C who was a 4 star recruit out of HS.
                        Last edited by Lobot; 04-01-2024, 04:44 PM.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                          Imagine the NFL, NBA, or MLB, if every player was a free agent every year. It’s like that.
                          Multi-year NIL contracts!!
                          Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 04-01-2024, 09:00 PM.
                          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• UC has apparently reached out to Jason Edwards, a 6’0 North Texas sophomore from Atlanta who averaged 19 ppg https://x.com/theportalreport/status...429-7Zsp1zj4Tg

Comment

• UC has contacted 6’4 Fresno State senior Xavier DuSell (presumably has a COVID year), who averaged 11.5 ppg in one year at Fresno after a more extend stint at Wyoming https://x.com/theportalreport/status...429-7Zsp1zj4Tg

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                                UC has contacted 6’4 Fresno State senior Xavier DuSell (presumably has a COVID year), who averaged 11.5 ppg in one year at Fresno after a more extend stint at Wyoming https://x.com/theportalreport/status...429-7Zsp1zj4Tg
                                39.5% from behind the arc.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X