2024 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    Supposedly UC may have been in touch with Atiki Ally Atiki, a 6'10 Tanzanian senior-to-be from BYU (and likely member of the All-Name Team). Numbers aren't great, but UC could use a body and wouldn't be terrible for one year if that is the best they can do.

Triple A averaged 4.0 points, 2.9 rebounds and 0.5 block per game in 11 minutes per game this year. He played in 11 Big 12 games, averaging 2.3 and 1.2 in 7.0 minutes (his best outing was 6 and 3 in 10 mins at Kansas State). His three year averages are 3.6 points, 3.2 rebounds, 0.8 blocks, 58.5% from FT (but only 11/24 this past season) in 12.2 minutes per game over 88 games.
    He’s 6’10, Page and McKinley are 6’9. I think I’d go more toward bringing them along than clogging up the PT with another big, unless the new big is elite or at least above average.

Comment

• ESPN's #1 portal-goer Kadary Richmond (Seton Hall) is off to St. John's

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

He’s 6’10, Page and McKinley are 6’9. I think I’d go more toward bringing them along than clogging up the PT with another big, unless the new big is elite or at least above average.
        Chad Brendel mentioned that UC's staff would prefer to bring in a PF to pair with Simas, but those are in high demand and may not want to share playing time.

Comment

• How about Dillon Mitchell ? Does that work for anyone?

Visiting this week per Trilly Donovan
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

ESPN's #1 portal-goer Kadary Richmond (Seton Hall) is off to St. John's
            What a start to the week it's been for the Johnnies.

They also picked up Utah PG transfer Deivon Smith yesterday. Averaged 13, 6, & 7 last season while shooting 41% from 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              How about Dillon Mitchell ? Does that work for anyone?

I think that would be a great fit. Defensive, athletic weapon that could bring some intensity, not a big scorer but could fit our scheme well.

Comment

How about Dillon Mitchell ? Does that work for anyone?

Dillon Mitchell would be a great pickup. He was the third best player on Texas per BPM (and better than anyone on our roster). And he was just a sophomore. He won't provide much offense away from the basket, but will finish everything around the rim (81% on over 4 attempts per game). He's not a shot blocker but defends well without fouling. Mitchell is good on both ends of the floor.

Comment

Supposedly UC may have been in touch with Atiki Ally Atiki, a 6'10 Tanzanian senior-to-be from BYU (and likely member of the All-Name Team). Numbers aren't great, but UC could use a body and wouldn't be terrible for one year if that is the best they can do.

Triple A averaged 4.0 points, 2.9 rebounds and 0.5 block per game in 11 minutes per game this year. He played in 11 Big 12 games, averaging 2.3 and 1.2 in 7.0 minutes (his best outing was 6 and 3 in 10 mins at Kansas State). His three year averages are 3.6 points, 3.2 rebounds, 0.8 blocks, 58.5% from FT (but only 11/24 this past season) in 12.2 minutes per game over 88 games.
                  Atiki had a negative 3.1 BPM last year, by far the worst on BYU. Negative 4.8 on defense. I'd take my chances with Page or our young wings.

Comment

• Originally posted by sedz View Post
                    Atiki had a negative 3.1 BPM last year, by far the worst on BYU. Negative 4.8 on defense. I'd take my chances with Page or our young wings.
                    on this we agree. I would like to see quality depth bought in if only for a season.

Comment

• If Mitchell chooses Wes, I predict he will earn a starting role and north of 30 minutes per game.
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• The staff is looking at Achor Achor, a 6'9 PF from Samford.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The staff is looking at Achor Achor, a 6'9 PF from Samford.
                          FWIW, he's #35 on the Athettic's transfer portal list (Mitchell is 51, Hickman is 127 and Page is somewhere below that).

Comment

The staff is looking at Achor Achor, a 6'9 PF from Samford.
                            This would be a home run. Achor had a 7.1 BPM last year - that's higher than anyone we've contacted in the portal this year including all of the big names like Stewart, Mayo, and Small. We haven't had a player with a BPM north of 7 since Jarron Cumberland in 2019.

Achor does everything well. He can score efficiently inside and out at high usage and he gets to the free throw line. He's a great rebounder and shot blocker. And against top 100 competition his BPM was actually a bit higher at 7.3. He put up 23 points and 7 rebounds against Kansas in the tourney.

I'm all in on Achor.

Comment

• @MattNorlander
                              Portal update: Riley Kugel won't play at Kansas, per sources. Bill Self told @TheAndyKatz Monday Kugel's future w/ KU was "up in the air." Kugel (9.2 ppg @ Florida) is on CBS Sports' list of notable 2024 transfers. He's being recruited again by high-majors.

Comment

• Xavier just landed Cam'Ron Fletcher from FSU. 4 star with an injury history.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X