2024 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

I still say that while a big is a must for defense and rebounding , you need a floor leader to set the defense and actually get a pass inside to the big. Or play pick & roll.
    We have floor leaders and Wes' offense flows around perimeter. You need a floor leader for a different offense than what they play. A passing big, wing, SG, PG or penetrate and dish. Taking the three or a super high percentage two is the name if today's gane. I am learning these newer stat boxes and we need a big like Page
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
      They need two interior players in the portal, ideally at least one with multiple years of eligibility. Page has upside. Worst case scenario he’s not great but he still brings more to the team than Tolentino would have and it wouldn’t be difficult to replicate the extremely modest numbers that Reynolds put up. There is a good YouTube transfer portal reel of him that was recently posted online and he definitely flashed some skill in games this year (Sage can’t say the same). Sometimes it takes big guys longer to come around and adjust to this level and maybe he never will. But what’s the real downside? Besides, Bandaogo is locked into the 5 spot - so good luck trying to sell a ton of experienced, starter-level guys 15-18 mins off the bench. Sign me up if the staff wants him and he wants to come.
      Don't get me wrong, I'd take Page. As you say, we in all likelihood aren't getting a starting caliper 5 to pair with Bandaogo. Whoever we get is going to have flaws. We have to hope that Wes and the program culture he has built will encourage guys to work hard and improve on whatever they need to improve. I'm thinking we will also add a 4 who can play the 5, in case whoever we add at backup center doesn't earn minutes.

But Brendel has said in the past that in his experience, low motor guys usually don't change and Page seems to be a low motor player. If that's why Brendel isn't too high on him, I can understand that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        We have made contact with Cody Head of Lipscomb

https://lipscombsports.com/sports/me...cody-head/5661
        Committed to Arkansas State. 🤷🏼
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Committed to Arkansas State. 🤷🏼
          Butch Jones strikes again. Boo Hiss (just kidding as I know what sort CBJ coaches).
          Last edited by leo from jersey; 04-15-2024, 07:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

We have floor leaders and Wes' offense flows around perimeter. You need a floor leader for a different offense than what they play. A passing big, wing, SG, PG or penetrate and dish. Taking the three or a super high percentage two is the name if today's gane. I am learning these newer stat boxes and we need a big like Page
            Floor leaders -- did you miss all the lousy passing at the end of the games my friend. I also saw limited ability by many to see the court and dribble at the same time. A floor leader does more than take jump shots. yes I want jump shooters, but I guess many today forget what a floor leader brings. I noticed that a lot of the elite teams have quickly grabbed the few floor leaders in the portals. There has to be a reason. There is more to a game than taking a jumper which one misses half the time. It is someone getting others in position to hit the jumpers to make them most of the time as well. UC lacks that. Do you think if UC had a floor leader that other styles of pkays could be incorporated. You can't run some if you don't have the players with the skills to run them. Look UC has taken chances with players who don't contribute, why not use that scholarship on one who might give some new direction. BTW a floor leader doesn't always look for hos shot even when he teammates are open or not in the position to get a rebound or set a screen for hi, I saw that way to many times last years and saw the NIT when the NCAA was in grasp.
            Last edited by leo from jersey; 04-15-2024, 07:57 AM.

Comment

IU hosting the hometown Connor Hickman today, ahead of a scheduled visit to UC on Monday.

IU definitely not out here.
              Rumor is IU made a bigger NIL offer to Hickman than anticipated. Still seems like the UC visit is on. Also would appear that UC would have a bigger role to offer than the hometown Hoosiers (especially if it turns out that Frederick does not return). We'll see...

Comment

First BYU portal entrant since Mark Pope left for Kentucky -- Dallin Hall. The sophomore averaged 9.0 points, 3.5 points, and 5.1 rebounds per game.

Not expecting at BYU kid from Utah to end up at UC, just general Big 12 portal movement.
                I, perhaps, stand corrected?

Travis Branham of 247 says Dallin Hall is considering the following schools: Creighton, Clemson, Cincinnati, Florida, Washington, Utah, Utah State, a return to BYU.

Averaging 5.1 assists per game, perhaps this is the "floor leader" that Leo would be looking for.

Comment

• Maybe the smoke concerning Page is right. Zed Key just went to dayton.

Comment

I, perhaps, stand corrected?

Travis Branham of 247 says Dallin Hall is considering the following schools: Creighton, Clemson, Cincinnati, Florida, Washington, Utah, Utah State, a return to BYU.

Averaging 5.1 assists per game, perhaps this is the "floor leader" that Leo would be looking for.
                    It would be a great start. Go get him CWM. He is worth the price I hope.

Comment

• Really hope we start getting some frontcourt players in for visits now that last week's dead period is behind us.

Feel like this team is screaming out for an "Ody type" to back up Aziz but to my knowledge, we haven't been linked with such a player yet.

Comment

• I don't think we're connected here in any way but Boogie Fland and DJ Wagner from UK just went into the portal.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Yep -- UC and Missouri perceived to be the top two, per "Trilly Donovan" (at least as of Sunday/Monday)

Also, if I am not mistaken, Missouri may be in a good spot for Iowa transfer Tony Perkins so that could help the Bearcats' chances
                          Perkins has, in fact, now committed to Missouri -- which could affect the recruitment of Marques Warrick.

Comment

Indiana State kids starting to hit the portal - some may follow Schertz to SLU but there are some good players - I especially like Ryan Conwell
                            Supposedly Conwell is or will be visiting XU. Dude is going for 25 in the Shootout if he picks the crosstown school.

Comment

• Page has a positive defensive box plus minus and a decent offensive rebounding rate. Motor doesn't appear to be a problem at least statistically. He also is pretty efficient from the field. Looks like the reason he didn't play is a sky high turnover rate. That's not uncommon for young players. I'd rather take a flier on a guy like him than an underwhelming upper class big.

Comment

• $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Aaron Bradshaw transferring from Kentucky to Ohio State

Zed Key for this 5 star 7 footer

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X