No announcement yet.

2024 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerr Kriisa is coming in for a visit soon per Jeff Goodman. Currently visiting St.Johns
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• We have contacted JaKobe Coles of TCU
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Kerr Kriisa is coming in for a visit soon per Jeff Goodman. Currently visiting St.Johns
        Averaged 11.0 points and 4.7 assists this year at WVU (42.4% from three). Career: 9.7 points, 4.7 assists (and 2.4 turnovers) per game, and 36.8% from three and 78.8% from the FT line, including his years at Arizona.

Appears to have one year of eligibility remaining.

Comment

We have contacted JaKobe Coles of TCU
          The 6'8 junior from Denton, TX averaged 10.8 points, 3.8 rebounds this year at TCU, his third with the Horned Frogs. He played 6 games at Butler in the 2020-21 season but tore his meniscus. Not sure if you can double dip on the medical redshirt and COVID year, so he has at least one year of eligibility. https://gofrogs.com/sports/mens-bask...be-coles/15340

Appears to have an "859" tattoo on his forearm, so may have ties to the region.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Averaged 11.0 points and 4.7 assists this year at WVU (42.4% from three). Career: 9.7 points, 4.7 assists (and 2.4 turnovers) per game, and 36.8% from three and 78.8% from the FT line, including his years at Arizona.

Appears to have one year of eligibility remaining.
            Kriisa is a bad defender and a turnover machine. I don't think he fits our style of play. He's never had a great box plus minus, even on winning teams at Arizona. I hope we don't turn down someone like Hickman in favor of a flashier options like Kriisa or Warrick.

Comment

The 6'8 junior from Denton, TX averaged 10.8 points, 3.8 rebounds this year at TCU, his third with the Horned Frogs. He played 6 games at Butler in the 2020-21 season but tore his meniscus. Not sure if you can double dip on the medical redshirt and COVID year, so he has at least one year of eligibility. https://gofrogs.com/sports/mens-bask...be-coles/15340

Appears to have an "859" tattoo on his forearm, so may have ties to the region.
              Coles is the best player we've contacted. 5.1 BPM this year (better than anyone on our roster) and 8.0 last year. A long wing who can play multiple positions.

Comment

• Originally posted by sedz View Post
                Coles is the best player we've contacted. 5.1 BPM this year (better than anyone on our roster) and 8.0 last year. A long wing who can play multiple positions.
                How do you see him fitting in with Skillings, Lukosius, etc.?

Comment

• Just my two cents here-
                  But I would rather kick the tires on a guy like Arrinten Page (didn't show much of anything at USC this year, but their year was a tire fire and the coaches/pundits clearly saw potential in him prior) rather than wasting effort on Jayden Quintance or Somto Cyrril-they are both more likely to go G league or Fayetteville (or reconsider UK if they make a home run hire), and they are very clearly planning one and done. Page at least showed real interest here (and maybe we would have had a legitimate shot if he didn't go to USC as a package with his teammate Isaiah Colier), and maybe his rough year will have helped him see the value of working in a program to get better. If he were to come, buy in, and iimprove, he would be here for a few years to set us up for Aziz leaving.

Please lord not Kriisa-would really test me to have to root for that guy.

Comment

How do you see him fitting in with Skillings, Lukosius, etc.?
                    Perfectly. It's my dream of having three long wings who aren't great defenders individually but can switch and double. And all three can score at high usage.

Comment

• A bit off topic but was thinking about how I would rank the Wes Miller transfers. There have definitely been high impact guys, while the rest have had varying degrees of impact in their year(s) with UC. I excluded Day Day Thomas because he was a junior college transfer and did not come through the portal. CJ is the hardest to rank, but if he plays another year hopefully we have a larger sample size. On the whole, the talent has definitely improved quickly -- and the upward trajectory/Big 12 membership can only help. Hopefully they can make at least one splash this year, and the rest--at worst--solid depth pieces. Hopefully did not miss anyone...

Landers Nolley, 2022
                      John Newman, 2021
                      Simas Lukosius, 2023
                      Aziz Bandaogo, 2023
                      Ody Oguama, 2021
                      CJ Frederick, 2023*
                      Jamille Reynolds, 2023
                      Abdul Ado, 2021
                      Hayden Koval, 2021
                      Jarrett Hensley, 2021
                      Rob Phinisee, 2022*
                      Kalu Ezikpe, 2022
                      AJ McGinnis, 2021

* = hard to evaluate due to injuries

Comment

I'm bouncing this off a post in Somto Cyril's thread from GoBearcats31

UK had six guys in this class. Three of them have received an NLI release so far. Perry, Fland and Richmond are still committed. The pundits seem to think most of these guys are headed to Fayetteville. I think Perry will be the outlier if that happens.

Again, keep in mind that G-League Ignite is still an option here for the guys that received a release. I think I mistakenly posted at some point that this was not an option. Ignite will still be in operation this coming season and that will be the last year for it. I think it's somewhat likely that Cyril and Quaintence will go that route since they were one and done anyway. Unless of course, Arkansas opens the NIL collective pocketbooks and tries to buy a team.
                        Well.you know if they opened up their checkbook for the overpriced Calipari that they will overextend for what ever ball players wish to tag along

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post

Well.you know if they opened up their checkbook for the overpriced Calipari that they will overextend for what ever ball players wish to tag along
                          I read there is 5 million in their BB NIL -- Just think of that the next time you eat chicken.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

I read there is 5 million in their BB NIL -- Just think of that the next time you eat chicken.
                            No way I eat Tyson chicken for several reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

No way I eat Tyson chicken for several reasons.
                              Oh I didn't knock Tyson. I just said think about your contribution to Arkansas BB. I know that they don't pay their workers like their BB workers.

Comment

• Khalil Brantley a PG from La Salle has been contacted by UC
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X