2024 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

Oh I didn't knock Tyson. I just said think about your contribution to Arkansas BB. I know that they don't pay their workers like their BB workers.
    My comment had nothing to do with yours....not directly anyway.

Comment

• TRANSFER BUZZ: Bearcats Eye Oklahoma State Star & WVU Guard Visits Next Week | Fan Recap

Comment

• Small would be huge.

Comment

• According to 247 , John Tyson said he promised Coach Cal 5-7 million for NIL. He said they are at 3 million now and pretty easily get to 5. How do you compete? He mentioned 3 million and three families -- Hunt , Stevens and his. I read where tOSU is giving their BB team 5 million too. I am sure UK will match. I can see why more will stay in college and go from team to team. Is this a serious problem?

Comment

• Yes it's free agency. Just like professional ball players take your services to the highest bidder. These are no longer amateur players.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
              According to 247 , John Tyson said he promised Coach Cal 5-7 million for NIL. He said they are at 3 million now and pretty easily get to 5. How do you compete? He mentioned 3 million and three families -- Hunt , Stevens and his. I read where tOSU is giving their BB team 5 million too. I am sure UK will match. I can see why more will stay in college and go from team to team. Is this a serious problem?
              I think it's definitely a problem. It's highest bidder for players at this point and if you don't keep up with the Jones' in NIL, you risk being irrelevant on the court. It's not sustainable for the average school.

If you need an example look at the market for football coaches and the salary trend there after Nick Saban /Jimmy Sexton got a $10M/yr contract out of Alabama. It completely reset the market and got out of control very quickly when MSU hired Mel Tucker for $92M when he'd never won a damn thing.

In college basketball we've got players out there asking for $1.5M to commit to a new school before they ever even hit the portal. That came out yesterday from an anonymous coach. That's more than the bottom tier of the NBA minimum rookie salary at $1.1M.

Even the NBA and NFL have a salary structure and a cap to prevent teams from loading up on top tier players. College sports is going to need something similiar soon or things are going to get totally insane. You almost need a players union to negotiate in that realm and set some rules. Anything the NCAA puts forward without player input will get shot down in court.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Buzz about Indiana being close to landing 1-2 talented guards, which would only boost the chances of UC with Connor Hickman of Bradley.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                  Buzz about Indiana being close to landing 1-2 talented guards, which would only boost the chances of UC with Connor Hickman of Bradley.
                  Is Hickman not one of the ones they are buzzing about?
                  Cory Huffman
                  Cin City

Comment

• Originally posted by loshow22 View Post

Is Hickman not one of the ones they are buzzing about?
                    He's not. There is buzz for a couple stud Pac-12 freshmen (Rice from Washington State, Carlyle from Stanford). Hickman would appear to have a potentially bigger/better role at UC if Indiana landed both of the other two.

Comment

He's not. There is buzz for a couple stud Pac-12 freshmen (Rice from Washington State, Carlyle from Stanford). Hickman would appear to have a potentially bigger/better role at UC if Indiana landed both of the other two.
                      Ok...works for me!
                      Cory Huffman
                      Cin City

Comment

• Zach Loveday, a coveted 7'0 center recruit for Brannen in the c/o 2020, is in the transfer portal again as a grad transfer.

Averaged 2.8 ppg & 1.7 rpg over 6.5 mpg at Samford this past season after playing sparingly at Baylor for three seasons (1.4 ppg & 0.9 rpg over 3.7 mpg).

Comment

• First BYU portal entrant since Mark Pope left for Kentucky -- Dallin Hall. The sophomore averaged 9.0 points, 3.5 points, and 5.1 rebounds per game.

Not expecting at BYU kid from Utah to end up at UC, just general Big 12 portal movement.

Comment

• Mark Mitchell -- a former 5-star recruit who averaged 11.6 points, 6.0 rebounds this year at Duke -- is trending towards Kansas State. He is a Kansas native.

Comment

• Nothing new, but first I have seen this in writing not on a message board
                              Bloomington South grad, Bradley transfer Connor Hickman will visit IU, Cincinnati

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...t/73304082007/

Former Bloomington South standout guard Connor Hickman plans to visit Indiana on Sunday.

Hickman’s father, Ted, said Connor will follow the IU visit with a trip to Cincinnati on Monday. There is a connection there, too, as Cincinnati assistant and recruiting coordinator Drew Adams coached at Bradley for seven seasons prior to coming to the Bearcats’ staff in 2022.

Comment

First BYU portal entrant since Mark Pope left for Kentucky -- Dallin Hall. The sophomore averaged 9.0 points, 3.5 points, and 5.1 rebounds per game.

Not expecting at BYU kid from Utah to end up at UC, just general Big 12 portal movement.
                                Aly Khalifa also has entered -- ESPN's Jeff Borzello says he has a "Do not contact" designation, which is usually what the guys put when they are following their coach. Cream Abdul Jabbar/Larry Blurred did the same and is expected to follow his coach to SLU.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X