No announcement yet.

Next year's team / roster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No joke, just real thoughts if that's a response. Just like the 5star freshman starter fad that took place. Experience and comradery have shown to be a staple
    On MAW, he has a good set of skills which he has shown over time. Look to see him become more aggressive, since he does look to have a point guard mentality. Doing what is needed when he has too. Showed that more often his freshman year. Been alot of changes and he's had to switch roles a lot. Gotta take that into consideration but he has shown he can score when it's a need/want. From what I've seen

Comment

I like MAW too personnally but he struggles to shoot, doesn't distribute well and has lost confidence. It has been no secret that we are searching for an upgrade at PG in the portal.
      Mcginnis left 3 weeks ago.
      Regarding player continuity, it is definitely a problem with this portal option. That's not going away for a while if ever. The one thing that should go away soon is the confusing extra covid year.

Comment

I still say rosters should have temporarily put back to 15 while Covid years are allowed. Every player who takes a Covid year is costing somebody else a scholarship.

Comment

Jake Weingarten appears to have deleted a tweet from around 11:15 saying MAW is returning to UC. Never saw the tweet, but showed up when I googled Jake Weingarten and the tweet itself is gone.

Comment

I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere on this site - Michael Sanders to Utah. https://www.deseret.com/2022/4/2/230...ncinnati-guard

Comment

UC basketball Twitter account posted 4 photos on Twitter for National Student-Athlete Day:
              https://twitter.com/GoBearcatsMBB/st...05311991660546

BB players appearing in these pictures = DeJulius, Adams-Woods, Davenport, Newman, Oguama, Lakhin, Hensley, walk-on Anthony.

BB players not appearing in these pictures = outgoing seniors (Ado, Koval) and the four guys in the portal

Coincidence? I think not

With that in mind, here is your possible roster (scholarship players), with 3 spots to fill and heights listed based on UC's site and 247 for the incoming freshmen:

6'0 - David DeJulius
              6'3 - Mika Adams-Woods
              6'5 - John Newman III
              6'5 - Daniel Skillings
              6'6 - Josh Reed
              6'7 - Jeremiah Davenport
              6'8 - Jarett Hensley
              6'9 - Ody Oguama
              6'11 - Viktor Lakhin
              7'0 - Sage Tolentino

Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-06-2022, 10:39 AM.

Comment

One scholarship left

Super Seniors: David DeJulius, Rob Phinisee (transfer), John Newman, Kalu Ezkipe (transfer0
                Senior: Mika Adams-Woods, Ody Oguama, Jeremiah Davenport
                Junior: Jarrett Hensley
                Sophomore: Viktor Lakhin (redshirt)
                Freshmen: Daniel Skillings, Josh Reed, Sage Tolentino

That's a lot of experience there.

Also, UC is listing the guys I listed as seniors and junior as one class behind (accounting for COVID year of extra eligibility they could use) https://gobearcats.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
                Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-20-2022, 07:03 PM.

Comment

I gotta figure Sage redshirts next year with Viktor, Ody, and Kalu Ezkipe. Depending on who takes the last scholarship, any chance Reed or Skillings redshirt? I think both are projected to e ready to compete for playing time, right?
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

All 13 scholarships accounted for, and a big upgrade in talent (IMO). Plus a ton of experience.

Super Seniors: David DeJulius, Rob Phinisee (transfer), John Newman, Kalu Ezkipe (transfer)
                    Seniors: Mika Adams-Woods, Ody Oguama, Jeremiah Davenport, Landers Nolley (redshirt)
                    Juniors: Jarrett Hensley
                    Sophomores: Viktor Lakhin (redshirt)
                    Freshmen: Daniel Skillings, Josh Reed, Sage Tolentino

Transfers from: Michigan, Indiana, Clemson, Old Dominion, Wake Forest, Memphis/Virginia Tech, UNC-Greensboro
                    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-27-2022, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Someone had wondered if Skillings and/or Reed would play this year. Typically, I do not like to see freshman play because I would like for them to get familiar with the system and get stronger. However, in this case, I hope that they do so that they will be ready for the Big 12 the following year.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                        Someone had wondered if Skillings and/or Reed would play this year. Typically, I do not like to see freshman play because I would like for them to get familiar with the system and get stronger. However, in this case, I hope that they do so that they will be ready for the Big 12 the following year.
                        They should play... if they don't, legitimately would be transfer portal candidates.

Tolentino would be a good RS candidate.

Plenty of talent on the roster. Still need to improve rebounding big time.
                        Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-27-2022, 06:32 PM.

Comment

David DeJulius on Twitter: Roster set! Time to get Cincinnati basketball back at the top! BLOOD.....SWEAT....TEARS....”IT TAKES WHAT IT TAKES!!!” Whatever it takes is worth it!
                          https://twitter.com/DavidDejulius/st...46752222494720

Comment

Vastly improved roster from that of last season. Were taller and stronger with more experience and with another year at the monster factory for some hopefully will equate into more presence under the rim and the ever elusive rebound. Kudos to the entire coaching staff but more of a shout out to coach Dollar who I suspect was very instrumental in landing Nolley. Can't wait for the updates usually supplied by GoBearcats31 during the summer months to monitor the team chemistry as it builds.
                            Last edited by Rufus; 04-27-2022, 09:14 PM.

Comment

is there anything to worry about as far as nolley's eligibility for this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat9796 View Post
                                is there anything to worry about as far as nolley's eligibility for this season?
                                Doesn’t sound like it.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X