X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viktor Lakhin WILL return, per Chad Brendel tweeting about Vik's IG post

Confirmed staying: John Newman III, Viktor Lakhin
    Incoming freshmen: Josh Reed, Daniel Skillings, Sage Tolentino
    One open scholarship as it stands, with surely others still mulling their options
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-18-2022, 05:11 PM.

Comment

This is good news. I still think he could be a very good ball player but he needs to obtain some low post skills to round out his resume. Like CWM says it would be advantageous to be multi faceted in the offense.

Comment

Mike Saunders to the transfer portal, per Jake Weingarten.

No surprise for me. I had him and Madsen on my mental list of most likely to hit the portal.

Comment

Madsen I get... thought Sanders was increasing playing time etc

Comment

Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
            MM I expected. Saunders is a surprise to me. These guys don't want to do what it takes to get better. Instead it's easier to just go somewhere else and assume everything will be better. Also I'm wondering what's going on with DDJ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gmann View Post

MM I expected. Saunders is a surprise to me. These guys don't want to do what it takes to get better. Instead it's easier to just go somewhere else and assume everything will be better. Also I'm wondering what's going on with DDJ?
              Saunders didn't surprise me because he went in the portal once (meaning he was not recruited by the current staff) and had a solid role this year, but if he's expecting to be the start starting PG next year, I just don't see it. And, with that in mind, I am hoping they can land a transfer PG who is an upgrade.

Best of luck to Mike / Mikey / Ice Mike / Michael

Comment

Saunders' twitter post: https://twitter.com/icemikeg3/status...75722178977793

Comment

UPDATE
                  Two open scholarships as it stands (Madsen, Saunders)

Comment

I will re-mention someone in the portal. Cam Hayes out of NC State, 6-3 point guard. Went to same HS as John Newman in Greensboro and apparently know one another. CWM apparently tried to recruit him but lost him to NC State.

Comment

I will re-mention someone in the portal. Cam Hayes out of NC State, 6-3 point guard. Went to same HS as John Newman in Greensboro and apparently know one another. CWM apparently tried to recruit him but lost him to NC State.
                      Hayes lost his starting job and his minutes dropped as the season wore on. He's a poor shooter (33.5%; 25% treys). His TO:A ratio is nothing special.

https://www.rotowire.com/cbasketball...r.php?id=16714

Comment

It is strange that Hayes's free throw percentage increased where he saw significant drops in his field goal and 3-pt percentages between last year and this year.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Hayes lost his starting job and his minutes dropped as the season wore on. He's a poor shooter (33.5%; 25% treys). His TO:A ratio is nothing special.

https://www.rotowire.com/cbasketball...r.php?id=16714
                          I don't think our program is going to attract any "finished pieces" in the portal for at least a few more years until we become a more established winner.

We're going to have to take some flyers on high-potential players who underachieved at their first school (DeJulius is a pretty good example of this).

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                            UPDATE
                            Two open scholarships as it stands (Madsen, Saunders)
                            It will be interesting to watch and see how these two continue to develope. Hope nothing but the best for both of these young men.

Comment

I wondered if MS was one of those who CWM might show the door. I watched the body language between the two and CWM didn't seem very happy. I hope the kid gets another scholly and has a bright future, but another opening. Perhaps another, but I strongly doubt it, but the body language changed the last couple of games as well as the announcers comments. I just don't see this happening.
                              Last edited by leo from jersey; 03-21-2022, 04:29 PM.

Comment

imo, no way saunders was coming back if ddj is staying, but if he goes..uh oh...maybe MAW can become a good "pass 1st, pass 2nd, pass 3rd, always pass!" PG

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X