• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bearcat9796 View Post

and Newman
    I could go with that.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnFrancis View Post
      Where are the Eric Hicks and Curtis Bostics nowadays???
      The world went soft!

In all seriousness, the game changed. Everyone wants to be Steph Curry now. Even in the NBA, the days of the rugged post players are pretty much over.

Comment

ddj is back

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat9796 View Post
          ddj is back
          Huge https://twitter.com/daviddejulius/st...-Xdaun-6gMPmyQ

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
            It's a start and opened the exit for MS. Not all bad

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

It's a start and opened the exit for MS. Not all bad
              And with MS gone that probably means major minutes for Skillings as a freshman. We could still use another quality guard as a transfer.

Comment

so with the recent portal exit, how many scholarships do the cats have open

Comment

By my count 3. That's assuming the ones we haven't heard from are coming back.
                  Neuman Lahkin and Dejulius confirmed for 3 in
                  Adams Woods , Davenport, Oguama and Hensley assumed but not confirmed 4
                  3 new kids Skillings, Reed and Tolentino
                  10 total with 3 still available
                  This also assumes Anthony stays and is still a WO which may not be the case.

Comment

all kids develop and peak at different times. some mid major guys are still improving and even growing and are capable of making the next step. a guy like Hensley for instance was recruited as a mid major but indications are hes capable of playing higher as his game improves. others like McGinnis are being rerecruited as a mid major and that's where he fits. we have to sift through the evaluations and find guys who still have upsides which is hard to do. maybe we can find some players that elected to play at mid majors for whatever reason but had higher offers.

Comment

I think Hensley has a lot of upside, and the good news is most of his work needs to be focused between his ears. We saw some flashes that his athleticism and size are fine, but he needs a lot of confidence building from watching him. It's overlooked but with young guys confidence and smarts is probably 3/4's of the game. He early on showed quite a bit of rushing things to much whether it was shooting or knowing what to do with the ball. Game seemed to slow down for him later in the year, and he had more success. He has the tools to be the kid who makes the most progress.

Comment

My opinion is both Hensley and Lahkin has upside. As you stated and I concur their problem is between their ears. They both are thinking too much and not allowing the game come to them. This was more evident in VL's case. He was actually good to begin the year but the fouling led to overthinking and that led to turnovers. I expect more from both of these two but more than anything I think they each need to get stronger physically.

Comment

Never mind
                          Last edited by longtimefan; 03-30-2022, 10:49 PM. Reason: Fake Twitter.

Comment

Below is the current roster as things stand. There are not any new updates, and it does not mean someone from this list could not still hit the portal. Also note that DeJulius and Newman are using their extra "COVID" year, while the other returnees should each have an extra year of eligibility.

1. DeJulius (Senior+)
                            2. Newman (Senior+)
                            3. Adams-Woods (Senior)
                            4. Davenport (Senior)
                            5. Oguama (Senior)
                            6. Hensley (Junior)
                            7. Lakhin (RS Sophomore)
                            8. Skillings (Freshman)
                            9. Reed (Freshman)
                            10. Tolentino (Freshman)
                            11. _____________
                            12. _____________
                            13. _____________

Comment

If that's what the roster looks like experience is going to be a need the year after. Hopefully McGinnis stays being that he had some health issues and doesn't sound like really caught the flow of the season. Change and adjusting can play alot on how the year looks or feels, think he just needs to settle in.

Better to have the team come together than keep replacing multiple pieces and I'm sure that will be the difference next year with teams. Looking forward to MAW and how his game comes together, haven't been able to catch every game this year but I like his style on the court doing what is needed. Definitely contrary to what I've read could be a threat scoring, the way he plays with confidence and can circulate/handle the ball.

Comment

Alright, I'll bite...is this an April Fools post?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X