Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next year's team / roster

Been wondering about McGinnis' status.. got this today:

I was told A.J. getting hurt at the beginning of the year really hurt his progress and chances of getting on the court. While he had to work his way back, the guards in front of him just made it tough for him to get any serious playing time. A.J. also didn’t shoot the ball well in the eight games he did play. He also was a liability on the defensive end. I don’t know what Wes’ plans are for him going forward.
    All the best,Keith Jenkin

So I still have heard NOBODY say red-shirt

Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
    Been wondering about McGinnis' status.. got this today:

I was told A.J. getting hurt at the beginning of the year really hurt his progress and chances of getting on the court. While he had to work his way back, the guards in front of him just made it tough for him to get any serious playing time. A.J. also didn’t shoot the ball well in the eight games he did play. He also was a liability on the defensive end. I don’t know what Wes’ plans are for him going forward.
    All the best,Keith Jenkin

So I still have heard NOBODY say red-shirt
    Is this a response to a DM/email?

Seems like Keith doesn't have a real update on his status.

Comment

Was a response to an email. I've asked other reporters the same question and NOBODY will even admit that coach has address his status at all. Very weird.

Comment

Worth a watch of this 13.5 min video from Chad Brendel on Saturday. Does a good job discussing next year's roster w/o speculating who could transfer or getting into specifics. Mentions it is spring break so we are a week away from players and coach/coaches probably having their offseason meetings (meaning, of course, players may be speaking with their families). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAyFODGx-Yc

A little more here on Sunday. Thinks probably around 3 transfers, wouldn't be shocked if 4, unlikely more.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMlUO6Ym2Go
        Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-14-2022, 10:00 AM.

Comment

McGinnis posted to IG last week saying he was locked in. I have no idea what that was in reference to or if it means anything in the current context but I thought I'd share that.

Boris is right, No one on UC's end has mentioned red shirt here. If he played in 8 games, the only way he'd get one is a medical waiver.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Final Wes Miller radio show is tonight at 7:00

Also, Wes is apparently meeting with the media today around 3:45
            Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-15-2022, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Wes Miller spoke with the local media today.

Chad Brendel recorded it: https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1OdKrBgyPZpKX

Justin Williams tweets:

Wes Miller and David DeJulius talked yesterday. Miller said that he felt great about the meeting and they want him back, but that DeJulius will announce what he wants to do when the time is right.

I’m paraphrasing here, but Wes Miller said there isn’t a single player he wouldn’t want back next season, but with the nature of college basketball and the transfer portal, he also won’t be surprised if there are some departures from the roster this offseason.
              Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-15-2022, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                Wes Miller spoke with the local media today.

Chad Brendel recorded it: https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1OdKrBgyPZpKX

Justin Williams tweets:

Wes Miller and David DeJulius talked yesterday. Miller said that he felt great about the meeting and they want him back, but that DeJulius will announce what he wants to do when the time is right.

I’m paraphrasing here, but Wes Miller said there isn’t a single player he wouldn’t want back next season, but with the nature of college basketball and the transfer portal, he also won’t be surprised if there are some departures from the roster this offseason.
                You think -- I also wonder if there isn't a big BUT before the but he did use. CWM knows especially if BC JOURNAL mentions at least 3. We will see, but here's hoping that the Cats can attract some solid BB players with skills.

Comment

Here's the Wes press conf via UC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0PIxgjdv6Y

Already linked above, but now with better A/V

Comment

Madsen into the portal per Chad Brendel

Comment

Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
                      Madsen into the portal per Chad Brendel
                      Not in the least surprised. Wish him well if he leaves.

Averaged 3.9 points, 1.3 rebounds and 0.7 assists this season.

Comment

I am not surprised. With the makeup of next year's team, I would suspect that he will not increase his playing time.

Comment

Agreed.. Hate to see it because he's the TYPE of guy you like to have.. all-in on the university but....

Comment

From Mason: https://twitter.com/masmadsen/status...83297638490122
                            When one door closes, another opens. I truly want to thank the people of Cincinnati for embracing me the way that they did. It just wasn’t in the cards. There is no doubt in my mind that Coach Miller is the right guy for the job. Thankful for the friendships I’ll have forever.

So... that's at least one scholarship available

Staying: John Newman
                            Eligible to return: Jeremiah Davenport, Mika Adams-Woods, Jarrett Hensley, AJ McGinnis, David DeJulius, Viktor Lakhin, Ody Oguama, Mike Saunders
                            Incoming: Josh Reed, Daniel Skillings, Sage Tolentino
                            Leaving (transfer portal): Mason Madsen
                            Available scholarships: 1
                            Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-16-2022, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Mason will be a really good player for a lower level division 1team, he definitely added strength and some athleticism during the off season, but he never really found his niche on the team besides the occasional 3 pt basket. I'm wondering if this means that mcginnis is projected by wes to be more valuable because he is a little more athletic and long. Be interesting to see who the next player or 2 to transfer out are and who they get to transfer in. Need a big and athletic good sized PG to help mikey if david doesn't come back. Good luck mason and thanks for everything!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X