Basketball Coaching Carousel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

some in Philly are saying the Owls folding down the stretch was it, but had to be more with him being an alum and hero
    I was thinking the same thing yesterday. It’s similar to when Tony Yates was let go here. I was bummed because I really wanted Tony to succeed, and he did in a way, leaving the program far better than he found it. But Tony took the team as far as he could, and it was time to bring in somebody to build on that. It worked out OK for us, so I hope Temple finds their guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Done Deal. Begs the question whether the stuff he did at LSU is legal with NIL rules
      @MatthewJTravis_: BREAKING: McNeese has suspended new head coach Will Wade for the first five games of the 2023-24 season

Comment

@PeteThamel: Sources: Bowling Green is targeting Southern Utah coach Todd Simon to be the school’s next basketball coach. A deal is expected to come together in the upcoming days. He's won 20 or more games three-straight seasons there.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

@MatthewJTravis_: BREAKING: McNeese has suspended new head coach Will Wade for the first five games of the 2023-24 season
          Wait, What?
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Wait, What?
            Per cbssports.com, this was written into Wade's contract, so he knew going in that he'd sit out five games. Apparently, McNeese State brass are hoping that the NCAA doesn't hit Wade with a "show cause" penalty, as the LSU investigation has not been completed yet.

Comment

There’s a somewhat random account on Twitter called @coachingchanges reporting that that Anthony Grant may or may not retire at Dayton and that if he does, the target will be Chris Mack. They’re reporting Grant had been intending to retire but didn’t like the way the season ended and might be back for one more year.

That account been around since 2013 so if in fact it’s garbage, it’s a long con troll.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

There’s a somewhat random account on Twitter called @coachingchanges reporting that that Anthony Grant may or may not retire at Dayton and that if he does, the target will be Chris Mack. They’re reporting Grant had been intending to retire but didn’t like the way the season ended and might be back for one more year.

That account been around since 2013 so if in fact it’s garbage, it’s a long con troll.
                I've heard a similar rumor. Only, Grant will be taking a 1 year sabbatical. The kicker...Grant's good friend John Brannen would become the interim coach. I don't believe this has much truth. Although it has been a tough year for Anthony and family due to the death of his daughter.
                Last edited by bba_1979; 03-15-2023, 07:55 PM. Reason: Meant to say this when I posted...

Comment

Pitino to St. John’s per multiple sources
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Ed Cooley may be leaving Providence for Georgetown https://twitter.com/sethdavishoops/s...429-7Zsp1zj4Tg

Comment

Western Kentucky hiring the Texas A&M Corpus Christi coach, Steve Lutz

https://twitter.com/goodmanhoops/sta...429-7Zsp1zj4Tg

Comment

I saw an article that said Texas Tech agreed to pay coach Mark Adams $4.5 million to leave after suspending him for quoting the bible. Since they paid him, I guess quoting the bible is not a "for cause" case.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                          I saw an article that said Texas Tech agreed to pay coach Mark Adams $4.5 million to leave after suspending him for quoting the bible. Since they paid him, I guess quoting the bible is not a "for cause" case.
                          The Bible quote in question referenced slavery . Not a bright move on Adams’ part.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/te...t-with-player/
                          Last edited by Lobot; 03-18-2023, 07:04 PM.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

In other Texas Tech news, they want Pitino which is about par the course for AD Kirby Hocutt, who should probably retire at this point based on his hiring record. Gotta love a guy who thinks he can get Pitino to move to Lubbock TX.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

In other Texas Tech news, they want Pitino which is about par the course for AD Kirby Hocutt, who should probably retire at this point based on his hiring record. Gotta love a guy who thinks he can get Pitino to move to Lubbock TX.
                              That’s a pretty funny mental image. Rick Pitino in Lubbock Tx.
                              ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmfam View Post

That’s a pretty funny mental image. Rick Pitino in Lubbock Tx.
                                Wearing a cowboy hat and boots.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X