Rayvon Griffith
    Sage Tolentino
    Jarrett Hensley
    Landers Nolley
    DaVeon Thomas
    John Newman
    Mika Adams-Woods
    Jeremiah Davenport

It seems obvious that roster is just not ready. I’ll assume for now that CWM won’t force anybody out, but I see guys on that list who will rearely see the floor. Who will transfer out, anybody?
    Last edited by longtimefan; 04-15-2023, 07:16 PM.

I'm wondering how many of the 4th and 5th and 6th year guys have graduated or will graduate at the end of the spring semester. That might be a pretty good clue as to who is staying put. In addition some of these guys who could leave did not go through Senior night ceremonies against SMU. Only DeJulius, Ezikpe and Phinisee walked that night.

It's weird having guys around for 6 years that aren't grad students. Someone mentioned in another thread that this is the last year for the Covid extra year for all of our guys so we'll see less of this going forward.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

my guesses and wants

maw, gone

hensley, gone

jd back as hustle role model, cheerleader and 10 minutes off bench, more if gets hot

nolley???? I think could benefit him to come back and mature and show he can perform in big conference, but my guess would be hes done
      ...is nolley a guy who'll be better in nba than college?
      or am I giving him too much credit?

Newman I'd take if he can play

Comment

I think another question is simple. Are there some guys who would rather go somewhere else and play basketball, even at a lower level, than stay here and watch from the bench. I guess we'll find out. Again, force someone out only as a last resort, and only if you can bring in somebody who is an instant starter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat9796 View Post
          my guesses and wants

maw, gone

hensley, gone

jd back as hustle role model, cheerleader and 10 minutes off bench, more if gets hot

nolley???? I think could benefit him to come back and mature and show he can perform in big conference, but my guess would be hes done
          ...is nolley a guy who'll be better in nba than college?
          or am I giving him too much credit?

Newman I'd take if he can play

i think that, with nolley, it depends on whatever nil deal uc can offer

Comment

I realize asking someone to move on leaves a bad mark on the program but that is the reality of the state of college sports today. If you can't win in the present conference with these players, the majority of whom have been here multiple years, then it can't be expected to be better next season in a tougher conference.

Which is more cruel making someone sit on the bench never seeing any action, or asking him to transfer to a place where he could get playing time? I think it even exacerbates the cruelty if said player has hopes on moving on into professional ball. If I were a player, knowing I was just going to decorate the bench with very little chance of playing I would want to portal.

We all watched this season and have identified and broadcast the shortcomings and the limitations of a few on this current squad. We also have identified what this needs to get better and progress. But I don't believe CWM has it in him to force the issue so we may just have to endure these next couple of seasons.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rufus;n401720]I realize asking someone to move on leaves a bad mark on the program but that is the reality of the state of college sports today. If you can't win in the present conference with these players, the majority of whom have been here multiple years, then it can't be expected to be better next season in a tougher conference.

Which is more cruel making someone sit on the bench never seeing any action, or asking him to transfer to a place where he could get playing time? I think it even exacerbates the cruelty if said player has hopes on moving on into professional ball. If I were a player, knowing I was just going to decorate the bench with very little chance of playing I would want to portal.

We all watched this season and have identified and broadcast the shortcomings and the limitations of a few on this current squad. We also have identified what this needs to get better and progress. But I don't believe CWM has it in him to force the issue so we may just have to endure these next couple of seasons"

what if UC was in your hometown and you are part of " basketball royalty" in Cincy. Not likely one would leave. Our hope is that the new recruits and improvement with Skillings and Reed will get the playing time/

Comment

I don’t think it’s cruel if the coach meets individually with each player, truthfully lays out expectations, and leaves the decision up to the player. I imagine those meetings are occurring, or will shortly. If a player sits next year, it shouldn’t come as a surprise.

Comment

Should keep MAW, Nolley and Oguama unless there are better options but keeping a solid core is smarter than revamping heavy. Team chemistry and experience are important. Rarely does a freshman or new addition come in and just perform right off the bat. Sounds ludicrous to think just replacing players is the answer without a real plan or addition to a particular system.

Comment

I do tthink that this forum has turned into a very negative experience. Lets not forget that ALL of our coaches have a ton of expierence which is lacking in so many posters in this forum. These people are well compensated so lets hope they get it done

Comment

Good synopsis from Justin Williams at The Athletic. $
                      https://theathletic.com/4339367/2023/03/23/cincinnati-basketball-roster-offseason-needs/

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                        cannot view without subscribing.

Comment

So far all I see is that Miller is bringing in MORE GUARDS. What about bringing in some bigs? Cincinnati has a lot of guards. Most of them are big (6'5" to 6'7") but they are still guards. I do not know what it is with Miller and his recruitment of all of these guards. To play effectively in the BIG 12, UC is going to need some REAL BIG MEN. UC is going to need, you know, guys that have some decent size (6'9" and up) that can play defense in the paint. I am not talking about just shot-blocking, but guys that can defend without fouling. I mean no disrespect to Oguama or Tolentino, but I am not sure if Oguama or Tolentino can be effective in the BIG 12. Oguama is listed at 6'9". Come on now. Oguama looks to me that he may be about 6'7", maybe 6'8" and 225. Although Oguama got away with it in the AAC, that is not big enough to play extended minutes in the BIG 12. Teams will shoot over him. Tolentino, from what I can see is a developmental player and is a non-proven entity. My guess is Miller is NOT going to play him a lot. So when you think about it, other than Lakhin (who is kind of soft), who does Miller have to play in the paint next year? Miller has not yet addressed this problem.

I guess Miller is going to take his chances to see if a big will become available in the portal who wants to play at UC. Given Miller's track record of bringing in bigs that can really play, this is probably one of the more scary uncertainties going into next year. Miller appears to be obsessed with players that can score but cannot defend well. Hopefully, he can bring in a big, with some size, that can play some defense in the paint and rebound at a high rate. It is always interesting to see who the coaches select as players for the program. Miller is going into his 3rd year in a tougher new league. It is going to be important to earn respect in the BIG 12 immediately. No where can this be done the fastest than by being able to hold you own in the paint. Nothing makes a team look weaker than NOT being able to defend in the paint. We have all seen plenty of weakness in the paint over the last two years. Go out and get some REAL BIG MEN Miller.
                          Last edited by leeraymond; 03-24-2023, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Ody Oguama tells Jon Rothstein he plans to return and use his final year of eligibility at UC

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                              Ody Oguama tells Jon Rothstein he plans to return and use his final year of eligibility at UC
                              That's a big plus! Ody has continued to improve his skill set and brings constant energy and effort. We need all the big bodies we can get moving into the Big 12.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X