2023-24 Roster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zykarious View Post

I've speculated that Hensley had some lingering injury effecting his play mid-season and later. It would explain a lot, why he didn't even play garbage time in some games, why the coaches have stayed quiet, why he hasn't transferred, why he shied away from contact. I don't have any evidence for it, but it does make sense to me.

If it was falling out of favor or punishment, you'd think he'd have been gone as soon as the transfer portal opened.

Waivers are the big question now. Indications are that Hensley would have to sit a year if he transfers again, so he may be willing to take his chances here. Reynolds may have to sit a year, which means a lot of open minutes at backup 4 and 3 that Hensley and Reed are the most likely to fill.

If Hensley is being counted on to fill in major minutes as a backup, Wes probably knows something that we don't. Which goes back to my injury theory.
    Not to piss on the picnic, but what happens if Reynolds really cannot play next season? Is there a plan B if Reynolds cannot play? What about bringing in a combo 4/3 that can score and rebound with the last open scholarship. If Reynolds cannot play, that will be a major blow. Here is hoping that Reynolds can play next season.
    Last edited by leeraymond; 04-10-2023, 06:14 PM.

Comment

If Reynolds comes but cannot play, does he count towards the scholarship limit?

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
        If Reynolds comes but cannot play, does he count towards the scholarship limit?
        Yes ... (10 characters)

Comment

Appears from Instagram that Mika Adams-Woods will be back for his last year. Say what you want but I love a guy who wants to be a Bearcat for 5 years.

Comment

Confirmed by Scott Springer
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
              Appears from Instagram that Mika Adams-Woods will be back for his last year. Say what you want but I love a guy who wants to be a Bearcat for 5 years.
              Agreed with this. And he knows the system, puts his head down and plays, and is willing to defend. If the team is good enough that he isn't a starter, he would be a great stabilizing influence for bench lineups. Welcome back, MAW.

Comment

I am actually happy about this. he can go to the basket and there is something very important which has changed. We lost a shooter who hurried the tempo the last few seasons. Maybe the tempo will change and there will be less jacking up 3s with over 20 seconds left on the clock. MAW might conform to this new style. I do believe CWM wants the change in tempo too. There are many reasons for some leaving (NIL to the younger guys/top transfers), but many reasons to stay. The only thing I care about if there play is as good as their desire to stay. Time will tell.
                Last edited by leo from jersey; 04-15-2023, 07:56 AM.

Comment

The Davenport and Nolley threads have been moved to Where Are They Now?
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

If the Cats can land CJ Frederick or Siams Lukosius, or both: how would we about replacing Nolley? I haven't seen either play, but Landers seemed to be a guy that could take over a game or disappear for stretches or a half. I really think part of it is the other team put best defender on Landers and dared others to score. Do these guys have a more consistent game?

Obviously landing both would be best, but I think one is sufficient to help as Rayvon learns the spot (and defense).

HAs anyone seen them play much. I really haven't.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I understand Nolley has already decided to NOT return to UC. He's committed to entering the draft by hiring an agent. So, if that is correct we have two positions to replace either by Lukosius and Fredrick or two others.

Comment

Current roster, pending any outgoing transfers and additional incoming transfer(s)

FR - Griffith, James
                        SO - Skillings, Reed, Tolentino*
                        JR - Lakhin, Thomas
                        SR - Hensley, Reynolds
                        Super Seniors - Adams-Woods, Oguama, Newman*

- 1 spot open
                        - Newman back assuming he gets medical waiver
                        - Tolentino could get medical redshirt and be a RS Fr
                        - Lakhin, Hensley, Reynolds should have a COVID year available
                        Add Fredrick, subtract Hensley. One spot open.

Comment

Which positions has a hole? Is this correct or nearly correct:

1-G MAW, Davein Jizzle
                          2- CJ, Reed, Newmann
                          2/3 - Skillings, Rayvon
                          4 -Vik, Ody
                          5. - Reynolds, Sage

Vik is a 4/5 combo, who could play 3 with a little more quickness on defense. And Ody us more 3 than 4, but love his hustle, maybe he takes a leap like Vik did.

It looks like 1-3 is more than covered. So do we need a big wing at 3/4, or another big 4/5?
                          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

One spot short is in the schollies. Hensley entering the portal gives us a third open spot to fill rather than two ( JD / LN. Ideally in my mind I would like another "tweener" a tall guard / wing jmo. At 6"6 I had my hopes high on Simas L.

Comment

I don't the Lukosius thing is dead yet but apparently Butler is trying to get him to come back to Indy. That might be the hold up. He hasn't made a decision yet.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                                Which positions has a hole? Is this correct or nearly correct:

1-G MAW, Davein Jizzle
                                2- CJ, Reed, Newmann
                                2/3 - Skillings, Rayvon
                                4 -Vik, Ody
                                5. - Reynolds, Sage

Vik is a 4/5 combo, who could play 3 with a little more quickness on defense. And Ody us more 3 than 4, but love his hustle, maybe he takes a leap like Vik did.

It looks like 1-3 is more than covered. So do we need a big wing at 3/4, or another big 4/5?
                                I'd argue you are a bit off in the positions of some of these guys.

1/2: MAW, DaVeon, Jizzle
                                2: CJ
                                2/3: Skillings, Newman, Rayvon
                                3/4: Reed
                                4/5: Vik, Ody
                                5: Reynolds, Sage

Looking at that list, I'd say a big 3/4 wing who can score would be what we (and pretty much every other team in the country) are looking for. Especially as there might be concerns Reynolds won't get get a waiver. Someone who can play the 3, but also help out at the 4 if Reynolds doesn't get a waiver, there's foul trouble or in case of injuries. If Wes is confident Reed can contribute a reliable 10-15 minutes as a backup 4 when needed, it opens up more to taking the best player available. My second choice would be a developmental 4/5 since Vik, Ody and Reynolds (if he gets a waiver) are all pretty close to graduating.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X