2023-24 Roster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gmann View Post

That's a big plus! Ody has continued to improve his skill set and brings constant energy and effort. We need all the big bodies we can get moving into the Big 12.
    Good move given their lack of front court depth. Fits a defined role. Some of the decisions get harder from here.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
      Could you summarize for us non-subscribers?

Comment

Originally posted by Carthage World View Post

Could you summarize for us non-subscribers?
        It's mostly speculation, except three who have used up their eligibility and the three incoming recruits. There's not much here other thn to say that the roster/talent/competitiveness should all improve, but don't expect a jump in wins due to playing a tougher schedule in the Bgi 12. Other than that, it is mostly same speculation you see on the bard, except Nolley has since entered the draft process. The article mentions same people could enter portal as have mentioned here, without any players having made an announcement, except Ody is coming back.

P.S. try the link. A surprising number of their articles can be previewed.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Where Oguama has declared he's returning I'm a little surprised we've heard nothing from Hensley or MAW announcing their intentions.

Comment

Where Oguama has declared he's returning I'm a little surprised we've heard nothing from Hensley or MAW announcing their intentions.
            Maybe CWM sees them as playing a role not recruited over. Perhaps CWM is waiting to see how many he can get from the portal.

Comment

I'd say MAW is possibly next...

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

I'd say MAW is possibly next...
                MAW has a long history of staying silent on social media, when the Brannen scandal happen, he and Vik were the only ones to stay completely out of it.

Personally, I put the odds of MAW transferring down near 0%. He stayed last year when the competition for minutes looked a lot fiercer (DDJ and Phinisee). I expect MAW to easily win the starting job over Jizzle and Day Day, even if we add another guard there should be plenty of minutes for him. Jizzle and Day Day are completely unproven, if MAW as a veteran in his third year with Wes can't win minutes over them, he's going to have trouble getting minutes anywhere.

The only guy high on my radar of potential transfers is Hensley and I don't mind if he stays. A guy from the portal is probably going to be as much of a gamble as keeping him another year. A third or fourth guy from the portal is probably going to be no higher ranked than Davenport anyway (currently #143 in the transfer portal according to bartorvik).

Comment

If MAW returns, I'd like to see him off the ball a little more.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Current roster, pending any outgoing transfers and additional incoming transfer(s)

FR - Griffith, James
                    SO - Skillings, Reed, Tolentino*
                    JR - Lakhin, Thomas
                    SR - Hensley, Reynolds
                    Super Seniors - Adams-Woods, Oguama, Newman*

- 1 spot open
                    - Newman back assuming he gets medical waiver
                    - Tolentino could get medical redshirt and be a RS Fr
                    - Lakhin, Hensley, Reynolds should have a COVID year available

Comment

Does anyone know for certain about Hensley? Why not try the portal if your going to used like you were last year. And why was he riding the bench almost entirely the last half of the year. No one ever came out with any answers and it's like it is a closed subject. No one is talking about it which is strange in itself. Was he being punished, did he fall out of favor with CWM or can't the staff find a way to use his skill set and if that is the case would appear to be the same this up coming year.

Comment

I feel better about our froncourt with the addition of Reynolds. He's a big dude who can bang down low and rebound. Assuming we have one spot left, if nothing changes, we need to add a reliable scorer to relplace what we lost in DDJ, Nolley and even JD.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                          Does anyone know for certain about Hensley? Why not try the portal if your going to used like you were last year. And why was he riding the bench almost entirely the last half of the year. No one ever came out with any answers and it's like it is a closed subject. No one is talking about it which is strange in itself. Was he being punished, did he fall out of favor with CWM or can't the staff find a way to use his skill set and if that is the case would appear to be the same this up coming year.
                          I've speculated that Hensley had some lingering injury effecting his play mid-season and later. It would explain a lot, why he didn't even play garbage time in some games, why the coaches have stayed quiet, why he hasn't transferred, why he shied away from contact. I don't have any evidence for it, but it does make sense to me.

If it was falling out of favor or punishment, you'd think he'd have been gone as soon as the transfer portal opened.

Waivers are the big question now. Indications are that Hensley would have to sit a year if he transfers again, so he may be willing to take his chances here. Reynolds may have to sit a year, which means a lot of open minutes at backup 4 and 3 that Hensley and Reed are the most likely to fill.

If Hensley is being counted on to fill in major minutes as a backup, Wes probably knows something that we don't. Which goes back to my injury theory.

Comment

I'm confused. I was under the impression that the players could move every year to a new team via the transfer portal. It appears from this waiver talk that is not the case. Can someone please clarify?

Comment

I'm confused. I was under the impression that the players could move every year to a new team via the transfer portal. It appears from this waiver talk that is not the case. Can someone please clarify?

You can move whenever, wherever the first time you transfer . If you transfer twice you need an NCAA waiver. The NCAA basically gave a waiver to everyone for the last two year presumably due to COVID and super seniors. Hayden Koval and Landers Nolley were beneficiaries of that policy.

Going forward, the NCAA has is trying to say everyone transferring a second time needs a waiver review. They are essentially trying to put the post COVID cat back in the bag. I don't think this is going to fly in court and someone will challenge it. Jamille Reynolds is affected by the change in policy so this will be something we need to keep on eye on.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X