No announcement yet.

2023-24 Roster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly, I hope both transfers stay and sit out the year, if necessary. It would be a monumental roster next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
      Who are the "NCAA" that is deciding these waivers. Do they remain anonymous, do the members change periodically, are there term limits to being on the deciding "board"? I guess my question really is this does anybody know anyone personally that is a member who's involved in making these decisions, for instance the AD of such and such, and the AD from school XYZ, the coach from that school and the president of that college and coach from this school etc.?

By the "NCAA" questioning Aziz's choice of UC, even though he met the criteria agreed upon that to me is flagrant proof that they not only disrespect UC, but also deem us as not worthy of being competitive in this new conference. If the NCAA is comprised of the Caliparis and KY's AD, or the Pitino's, Sean Millers, Calhoun's and UConn's AD, and Memphis' AD, ( people with reps of improprieties ) then these decisions most definitely spell me that UC has been schemed and "blueprinted" to be the big12 doormat.
      I apologize for venting, the flagrant hypocrisy of this whole college athletics is just too much sometimes.
      Great question. If you have time you can poke around on the NCAA website to get an idea of the stated procedures. My quick scan indicates that there are committees that look at the stated criteria and make a recommendation. As to who is on these committees, and as to their own personal agendas, that would indeed be nice to know.

Comment

• My question was partially rhetorical and partially tongue in cheek. Watching CWM's video detailing the boards decision to deny Aziz's waiver strongly insinuates that the board blatantly disrespected the university in that denial, i.e. "couldnt understand why he chose UC". And now they are certainly pouring lemon juice into an open wound by dragging out Jamille's waiver decision which we all already know is going to be a big fat no also. I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, or a "feeling as if someone is always out to gete type personality, howver
        when it comes to UC entering into the Big12 just a few years after their initially turning us down, I can't help but think someone or ones are from the Big12 conference and are deliberately sabotaging our chances this first year in. And when it comes to all the dollars available to colleges these days, and to the hypocrisy of the NCAA when it apply's to policing itself I don't believe it's beyond the realm of possibility.

Comment

My question was partially rhetorical and partially tongue in cheek. Watching CWM's video detailing the boards decision to deny Aziz's waiver strongly insinuates that the board blatantly disrespected the university in that denial, i.e. "couldnt understand why he chose UC". And now they are certainly pouring lemon juice into an open wound by dragging out Jamille's waiver decision which we all already know is going to be a big fat no also. I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, or a "feeling as if someone is always out to gete type personality, howver
          when it comes to UC entering into the Big12 just a few years after their initially turning us down, I can't help but think someone or ones are from the Big12 conference and are deliberately sabotaging our chances this first year in. And when it comes to all the dollars available to colleges these days, and to the hypocrisy of the NCAA when it apply's to policing itself I don't believe it's beyond the realm of possibility.
          the blue bloods get away with anything and everything, and the rest of us get to eat ncaa ****. i don't know that its the B12 - i just think the ncaa is useless and needs to go away

Comment

• What gets me the most is is the in the past the AAC had it out for us from the point we tried to jump conferences the first time. I've had this discussion with people in the AD's office a few years ago. I don't know if our fans and admin rub people the wrong way or what but this is not the first time.

I hope it's because we're newbies in the Big XII but if it continues down the road there's a real issue. Even ESPN doesn't like us but I suspect that's because it's full of UConn grads.

On the NCAA, they will eventually die a horrible death by lawsuit. It's coming.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Post NKU game Wes said NCAA informed UC that they won’t be able to review the Jamille Reynolds appeal, filed in October, until sometime in December. Sometime in December???

Comment

• Why is it no one else sees the bias that is so blatant. To deny Aziz merely because their confused about his choice of school and then drag their feet on a decision concerning Jamille when it's already been decided that it's going to be denied too is way beyond spiteful it's nefarious intent that has been designed and calculated. This is so ridiculous it's beyond being funny. Even if they did grant Jamille's waiver they waited until the conference schedule has begun assuring that he has had no game experience with the team. And watching this play tonight against NK U physicality is exactly what is missing.

Question: Couldn't the Big12 commissioner override these decisions. He seems to be genuine in building a super bball conference superior to none it would be beneficial for all to allow these kids to play. Unless he is passive and cow tows to Bill Self and the elite Jayhawk.

Comment

• I think we’ll get some news tomorrow from Yost re: Aziz
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                    What gets me the most is is the in the past the AAC had it out for us from the point we tried to jump conferences the first time. I've had this discussion with people in the AD's office a few years ago. I don't know if our fans and admin rub people the wrong way or what but this is not the first time.

I hope it's because we're newbies in the Big XII but if it continues down the road there's a real issue. Even ESPN doesn't like us but I suspect that's because it's full of UConn grads.

On the NCAA, they will eventually die a horrible death by lawsuit. It's coming.
                    It's always been my opinion that a lot of it comes from the school up north. If there is anyone associated with "THE" State School that sits on the NCAA, and I'm sure there is, you can bet that they harbor ill will over us beating them for the championship not once but twice. Plus throw in all the trash talking and conniving going on in recruiting kids in and around S.W. Ohio I can see them sabotaging / intentionally suppressing any efforts to getting us competitive. However I don't recall any stumbling blocks when we went into the big East but I suspect many under estimated Mick especially from what he inherited.

Comment

It's always been my opinion that a lot of it comes from the school up north. If there is anyone associated with "THE" State School that sits on the NCAA, and I'm sure there is, you can bet that they harbor ill will over us beating them for the championship not once but twice. Plus throw in all the trash talking and conniving going on in recruiting kids in and around S.W. Ohio I can see them sabotaging / intentionally suppressing any efforts to getting us competitive. However I don't recall any stumbling blocks when we went into the big East but I suspect many under estimated Mick especially from what he inherited.
                      My gosh, those championships were over 60 years ago. Most are dead who were old enough to remember those. And, TOSU did win in 1960, Oscar's senior year.
                      Last edited by Oldtimer_UC_fan; 11-20-2023, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

My gosh, those championships were over 60 years ago. Most are dead who were old enough to remember those. And, TOSU did win in 1960, Oscar's senior year.
                        I hear you but the surviving old guard boosters have Gene Smith's ear and are still mad about it. Gene basically won't schedule us in Football or MBB unless it's a guaranteed win. It's almost always after a coaching change or when we're expected to have a down year.

And to be honest it's a lose-lose sitatution for Gene. If we win he looks bad, If we come close, it wasn't good enough. That football game at PBS really shook some people. We came closer to beating them than anyone other than Miami in the BCS championship that year.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Lobot... you had predicted some news from Yost today ? Any update on that prediction ?

Comment

• "I hear you but the surviving old guard boosters have Gene Smith's ear and are still mad about it. Gene basically won't schedule us in Football or MBB unless it's a guaranteed win. It's almost always after a coaching change or when we're expected to have a down year".

Yea that. Besides I recall many feuds, back stabbings, and name calling prevalent from both sides in recruiting multiple kids from the greater Cincinnati area. Unlike others, Huggins was not shy about going after recruits that he wanted. If memory serves I believe OSU accused UC of "stealing" Damon Flint out from under them. I think he verbally committed to them and then flint changed his mind before signing a LOI.

I was just a wee lad in those championship years but have read extensively about UC's struggles to remain relevant, ( specifically in men's bball being having to compete for recruits with The School to the North and the "inventors of and self proclaimed rightful owners of the championship in men's bball down in Lexington.

Comment

• Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
                              Lobot... you had predicted some news from Yost today ? Any update on that prediction ?
                              Ok, the news was that a temporary restraining order was going to be filed by Yost today. I'm not sure whether it was actually filed or the NCAA got wind of it but Aziz is now eligible as of 30 minutes ago
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Was Yost only involved with Aziz or with Jamille as well ? Just wondering what the timeline for him might be

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X