2023-24 Roster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
    So does Justin Williams. We knew it, we’re not North Carolina.

https://x.com/williams_justin/status...900821441?s=61
    Justin also says no NCAA decision yet on Jamille

Comment

• Statement from Aziz https://twitter.com/abdoublvdo/statu...51112398246328

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-mB2ocW...pg&name=medium

Comment

• I saw someone point out that it took UNC about 5 attempts and a lawsuit to get Tez Walker eligible.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Paywalled article from Justin Williams, but he posted screenshots of the following on Twitter/X https://theathletic.com/5052320/2023...ed-cincinnati/

“The NCAA does seem to be kind of arbitrary in applying their criteria for the waiver, but that kind of doesn’t matter in terms of the antitrust question,” Yost said. “And (the NCAA) knows they have a problem because they are down in the halls of Congress trying to get a law passed to give them an exemption to antitrust law. They wouldn’t be doing that if they thought they were clean on this, and they’re not clean.

“Candidly, they’re holding a gallon of gas in their lap and playing with matches.”
          Any legal action, whether individually by Bandaogo or in the form of an antitrust suit, could still take as long as a few weeks to be filed in court. The one thing that does seem clear is that Bandaogo’s pursuit of immediate eligibility is far from over.

“If we end up in court, this litigation could end up burning down (the NCAA’s) precious operation. I just don’t understand why they are so against reform, so against competition, so against fair play for these kids,” Yost said. “But if they want to fight, baby, we know how to fight.”

Also, article has quotes from a couple North Carolina attorneys who represented UNC WR Tez Walker. They are representing Aziz as well.

Comment

• To put such a key position for us, PF, rim protection, in two 3x transfer cases, was so risky. This is going to be a tough team to watch without these two players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
              If the NCAA is comprised of all college ADs and coaches then this latest news comes as no surprise when considering the two latest recruiting classes the Bearcats have accrued. And accomplished without any improprieties, then the afore mentioned people, especially those of the greatest bball conference in the nation, are not going to allow some newcomer to that conference, one with bball tradition, come in and disrupt the proverbial apple cart. You can't take the chance of having the highest paid college bball coach ( Self ) with the ink on a new lifetime contract still not quite dry, be showed up. That's just another example of our being " bounced" That's how I see things.
              Yep, I think you get it. CWM hasn't paid his dues or kissed enough butt yet, so the power structure slaps his wrist.

Comment

• Are athletes who are denied transfers allowed to practice with the team? Will they be eligible if they sit out for a year?

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertFog View Post
                  Are athletes who are denied transfers allowed to practice with the team? Will they be eligible if they sit out for a year?
                  They have been practicing

They should not lose any eligibility (would be like a redshirt year)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                    To put such a key position for us, PF, rim protection, in two 3x transfer cases, was so risky. This is going to be a tough team to watch without these two players.
                    The veteran guys who are already here will have to toughen up.

Comment

• Those of us who have followed UC bball for any length of time could see this coming a mile away. We have been looked upon as the ugly step sister to THE Ohio state University who stole their championship away from them not once but twice. It's been over fifty years and the NCAA has it's collective panties in a bunch over it still. I don't understand how if Aziz consulted with an attorney prior to filing and was given advice conducive to his waiver being submitted then the only interpretation of Aziz's denials by the AD's and coach's is petty, vindictive, with nefarious intentions and only meant to suppress any success we could have had in our first year in the
                      Big12. Its hard for me to look at any school with anything other than disdain who are constantly in the top rankings in both basketball and football when they are constantly monopolizing players, repeatedly in violation of rules and in the quest for more money to buy championships. Cheaters will always cheat and use every device to keep others from succeeding. That is the number one reason I don't watch any of them. So, I think we can still have some success if we start Simas instead of Ody to begin games, Vic will have to get tougher, and Tolentino needs to get OJT playing time. And Griffith needs to get his head straight also and be prepared to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                        Paywalled article from Justin Williams, but he posted screenshots of the following on Twitter/X https://theathletic.com/5052320/2023...ed-cincinnati/

“The NCAA does seem to be kind of arbitrary in applying their criteria for the waiver, but that kind of doesn’t matter in terms of the antitrust question,” Yost said. “And (the NCAA) knows they have a problem because they are down in the halls of Congress trying to get a law passed to give them an exemption to antitrust law. They wouldn’t be doing that if they thought they were clean on this, and they’re not clean.

“Candidly, they’re holding a gallon of gas in their lap and playing with matches.”
                        Any legal action, whether individually by Bandaogo or in the form of an antitrust suit, could still take as long as a few weeks to be filed in court. The one thing that does seem clear is that Bandaogo’s pursuit of immediate eligibility is far from over.

“If we end up in court, this litigation could end up burning down (the NCAA’s) precious operation. I just don’t understand why they are so against reform, so against competition, so against fair play for these kids,” Yost said. “But if they want to fight, baby, we know how to fight.”

Also, article has quotes from a couple North Carolina attorneys who represented UNC WR Tez Walker. They are representing Aziz as well.
                        Yost does not mince his words. He sounds like he means business. Even though I work for him, I admire his stance here. The NCAA is arbitrary and is likely violating antitrust laws. Go get them, Mr. Yost.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

Yost does not mince his words. He sounds like he means business. Even though I work for him, I admire his stance here. The NCAA is arbitrary and is likely violating antitrust laws. Go get them, Mr. Yost.
                          He’ll have to get in line. From the looks of things, by the time it’s his turn the NCAA may already be gone, so nobody left to sue. I was worried about that, but not anymore.

Comment

• I am just sitting here thinking. What if Miller just went ahead and played these two players and said heck to the NCAA and gave them the middle finger? What teeth do they have anymore?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                              I am just sitting here thinking. What if Miller just went ahead and played these two players and said heck to the NCAA and gave them the middle finger? What teeth do they have anymore?
                              If only a few schools did this they would be placed on probation. If many schools did this the NCAA would probably do nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                                I am just sitting here thinking. What if Miller just went ahead and played these two players and said heck to the NCAA and gave them the middle finger? What teeth do they have anymore?
                                You get slapped on the wrist like Memphis did for playing James Wiseman.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X