No announcement yet.

2023-24 Roster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good 9 min clip of Wes Miller passionately addressing the situation last night https://x.com/knickoson42/status/172...429-7Zsp1zj4Tg

Comment

• In postgame last night , Wes said the reason for the denial for Aziz was that they couldn't figure out why he choose Cincinnati. He meets all the transfer criteria but they couldn't figure why he didn't go somewhere closer to his US family I guess, like WVU or Marshall? That's a large pile of BS from the NCAA.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Or get a brand new job like Miller (Sean) a more lucrative job offer like Calipari. or even given a lifetime contract like Bill Self. It sickens me as to how hard some of these schools fight so hard to keep others as underdogs. I think Cunningham should just hire these two young men as employees and play them anyway. That's where all this NIL bull**** is headed anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          In postgame last night , Wes said the reason for the denial for Aziz was that they couldn't figure out why he choose Cincinnati. He meets all the transfer criteria but they couldn't figure why he didn't go somewhere closer to his US family I guess, like WVU or Marshall? That's a large pile of BS from the NCAA.
          If he had transferred to Ohio State, it would have been approved.

Comment

In postgame last night , Wes said the reason for the denial for Aziz was that they couldn't figure out why he choose Cincinnati. He meets all the transfer criteria but they couldn't figure why he didn't go somewhere closer to his US family I guess, like WVU or Marshall? That's a large pile of BS from the NCAA.
            Marshall would be a step down and WVU just lost their coach and could be a dumpster fire this year.

Comment

Ergo the bearcat bounce. As long as you allow the money mongering schools police themselves your going to obtain results with nefarious intent.

Comment

• I agree with what Wes said, IF you're going to be able to apply for a waiver on 2x transfers, I have to think you need to approve all of the waivers once you allow anyone else to get a waiver. If you don't want to allow any waivers, just state there are to be no exceptions and everyone will sit a year on a second transfer, then stick to it. I don't get this whole waiver process. To be fair, you either allow them or don't. No one organization should have the power to pick and choose who gets approved or denied.

Comment

If that is literally the reason that the NCAA stated, why not beat them at their own game and give them reasons? Field of study, well known professor, excellent Counselling Center for his mental issues, etc., etc. These reasons may be somewhat inflated , but so what?

Comment

• No, the NCAA acknowledges that a mental waiver is warranted and meets the guidelines. They just don't want him available to compete with the team in their first season in the Big12. It's apparent they're intentions are to show us that we don't deserve to have any success in just our first year in the conference. It just wouldn't do to have the nations premier rim protector in D1 bball come in and make the nations best bball conference teams look incompetent. There is no way that the NCAA is going to let UC come in and take all those millions of dollars away from the established teams in the conference plus come in and be competitive on the floor.
                    ​​That's how I'm reading this fiasco. And if anyone else don't see that way then they don't know how these filthy lucre seeking "educators" operate.

Comment

• Waiting for Monday morning to see who is filing what in court. Not impressed with Dave Yost but perhaps he will come thru for the citizens of Ohio - at least the ones not TOSU boosters.

Comment

• Were Aziz and Renolds on the bench for the E. Washington game? I couldn't see them while watching on TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertFog View Post
                          Were Aziz and Renolds on the bench for the E. Washington game? I couldn't see them while watching on TV.
                          Yes they were.

Comment

• Since this came up in a different thread. Jamille Reynolds waiver appeal is still pending.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

That's our "welcome to the Big12" from the NCAA!

Comment

• Who are the "NCAA" that is deciding these waivers. Do they remain anonymous, do the members change periodically, are there term limits to being on the deciding "board"? I guess my question really is this does anybody know anyone personally that is a member who's involved in making these decisions, for instance the AD of such and such, and the AD from school XYZ, the coach from that school and the president of that college and coach from this school etc.?

By the "NCAA" questioning Aziz's choice of UC, even though he met the criteria agreed upon that to me is flagrant proof that they not only disrespect UC, but also deem us as not worthy of being competitive in this new conference. If the NCAA is comprised of the Caliparis and KY's AD, or the Pitino's, Sean Millers, Calhoun's and UConn's AD, and Memphis' AD, ( people with reps of improprieties ) then these decisions most definitely spell me that UC has been schemed and "blueprinted" to be the big12 doormat.
                                I apologize for venting, the flagrant hypocrisy of this whole college athletics is just too much sometimes.
                                Last edited by Rufus; 11-14-2023, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X