No announcement yet.

2023-2024 Schedule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite reports of November 15, the UC will host NKU on Sunday, November 19 per NKU

Comment

Originally posted by Carthage World View Post

Final 2023 KenPom ranking for each team is listed above. Average ranking is 189.

I'd like to see the final game be a road game (of a future home and home) with a top half Big Ten/ACC/SEC program.
      One of the next frontiers for Miller is to beef up the non-conference schedule. I would say that Cincinnati now has the athletes to play a much stronger non-conference schedule. However, I also understand that a coach must balance the likely wins with teams that can beat you. Let's be honest about it, if the current non-conference schedule holds, this is a pretty weak non-conference schedule. Even when UC was not Power 5, they would routinely play two or three Power 5 teams in the non-conference. Hey, I get it. There will be PLENTY of opportunities for Power 5 wins in the conference. Clearly, Miller is putting all of his eggs in the BIG XII basket. Any team that gets enough wins in the BIG XII is in the NCAA tournament. Let's hope that UC does not get upset in the non-conference. That would be a very bad sign because this is NOT a demanding schedule and it may not get them ready to play in the conference. However, this schedule may be designed to give the team confidence. That approach can work. Think Cronin's first NCAA Tournament team at Cincy. They played a very weak non-conference schedule that season. This strategy could work. We will see.
      Last edited by leeraymond; 08-17-2023, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leeraymond View Post

One of the next frontiers for Miller is to beef up the non-conference schedule. I would say that Cincinnati now has the athletes to play a much stronger non-conference schedule. However, I also understand that a coach must balance the likely wins with teams that can beat you. Let's be honest about it, if the current non-conference schedule holds, this is a pretty weak non-conference schedule. Even when UC was not Power 5, they would routinely play two or three Power 5 teams in the non-conference. Hey, I get it. There will be PLENTY of opportunities for Power 5 wins in the conference. Clearly, Miller is putting all of his eggs in the BIG XII basket. Any team that gets enough wins in the BIG XII is in the NCAA tournament. Let's hope that UC does not get upset in the non-conference. That would be a very bad sign because this is NOT a demanding schedule and it may not get them ready to play in the conference. However, this schedule may be designed to give the team confidence. That approach can work. Think Cronin's first NCAA Tournament team at Cincy. They played a very weak non-conference schedule that season. This strategy could work. We will see.
        I'd go so far as to say as much as I don't want Cronin's cupcake non con strategy, that's probably what you're going to have to do because the Big XII conference schedule is a gauntlet. It's very similar to the old Big East. It'll be enough to get us to the dance without a difficult non conference slate.

This scheduling strategy stopped working for Cronin when we shifted to the American Conference because we had perennial bottom feeders in conference to kill our SOS numbers. In the Big XII it should work really well.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I was able to speak to John Cunningham before the football game today and asked him when the basketball schedule might be announced. He said the B12 portion should be out by the end of next week. When I mentioned that it appeared that there's one OOC game left to schedule, he confirmed that and said they are in negotiations for a road game. I didn't bother to ask for the possible opponent. I knew he'd never tell me.

Comment

The season/home opener for the women's team is set for 6:00 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 6.

With the men slated for their season/home opener that same day, I'd say bet on it being a 9:00 p.m. tip.

Comment

Jeff Goodman says Zach Freemantle of XU likely out until at least January (foot).

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                Jeff Goodman says Zach Freemantle of XU likely out until at least January (foot).
                Fremantle and Hunter are gone for the season apparently

in other news we’ve schedule Howard to fill our OOC schedule gap.,
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Fremantle and Hunter are gone for the season apparently

in other news we’ve schedule Howard to fill our OOC schedule gap.,
                  Road game at Howard, return game next season https://collegehoops.today/rothstein...ashington-d-c/

Comment

Road game at Howard, return game next season https://collegehoops.today/rothstein...ashington-d-c/
                    Per Chad Brendel, UC had been working on a higher profile opponent for the road game, but they couldn’t get together logistically. It became a scramble to find another team this late.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Per Chad Brendel, UC had been working on a higher profile opponent for the road game, but they couldn’t get together logistically. It became a scramble to find another team this late.
                      That would explain why we're playing this home and home. Normally this would have been a buy game.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

UC's 2023-24 opponents, per Bart Torvik's T-Rank projections
                        (UC is #51, as of today)

#2 Kansas (away)
                        #7 Houston (home, away)
                        #12 Texas (home)
                        #19 TCU (home, away)
                        #24 Baylor (away)
                        #38 Kansas State (home)
                        #42 Texas Tech (away)
                        #43 BYU (away)
                        #48 Iowa State (home)
                        #56 Oklahoma State (home)
                        #57 Xavier (away)
                        #60 West Virginia (home, away)
                        #68 Oklahoma (home, away)
                        #71 Dayton (neutral)
                        #86 Georgia Tech (home)
                        #101 UCF (home, away)
                        #123 Florida Gulf Coast (home)
                        #149 Northern Kentucky (home)
                        #181 Stetson (home)
                        #186 Bryant (home)
                        #214 Howard (away)
                        #210 Eastern Washington (home)
                        #221 Illinois-Chicago (home)
                        #285 Detroit-Mercy (home)
                        #287 Merrimack (home)
                        #299 Evansville (home)

https://barttorvik.com/trankpre.php

(For reference, here are the AAC teams: 21, 30, 76, 90, 95, 99, 106, 107, 137, 153, 190, 198, 232, 266 -- noting three of the top four, among others, are new)
                        Last edited by GoBearcats31; 09-18-2023, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Per Jon Rothstein, the Big 12 is expected to release its schedule next Tuesday, 9/26

Comment

Confirmed by the Ticket office. Why the ticket office you ask? Because the "MTE" which is being hosted at UC including Detroit Mercy and Eastern Washington is a seperate event and not part of the season ticket package according to email sent to season ticket holders today. These tickets will be all single game tickets and will be available to the general public on Oct. 5, after the season ticket holders get their shot at them.

Single game pricing:
                            • Courtside: $42.50
                            • Champions Club: $35
                            • Lower bowl: $17.50
                            • Upper bowl: $10

Parking $10

Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Per Jon Rothstein, the Big 12 is expected to release its schedule next Tuesday, 9/26
                              Today is the day

Comment

Today is the day
                                Full schedule released https://gobearcats.com/news/2023/9/2...announced.aspx

Some observations:
                                - Home opener: Monday, Nov. 6 at 9 p.m. ET versus UIC ... one day after the Bengals play an 8:20 p.m. SNF home game
                                - All non-con times have been announced except NKU, at Xavier, vs Dayton
                                - Big 12 opener at BYU on Saturday, January 6 (naturally at 10 p.m.)
                                - Big 12 home opener versus Texas on Tuesday, January 9
                                - LOTS of ESPN+ games -- 12 of the conference games, including nearly every home game
                                - Kansas is the only other "late" tip at 9 p.m. in Lawrence on Monday, January 22 (Big Monday?)
                                - 10 Saturday league games (five home, five away) -- zero Sunday
                                - Senior day: West Virginia on Saturday, March 9
                                Last edited by GoBearcats31; 09-26-2023, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X