2024/2025 Roster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

You may be surprised how big a sway Joe may have. If I remember, there were some big named teams after CJ.
    Not surprised at all because I know what I am talking about...unlike some on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by hipal88 View Post

Not surprised at all because I know what I am talking about...unlike some on here.
      thanks for your insight. I will put you at the top of the list for all the scoops. I am glad we have your expertise among us. Groovy

Comment

You may be surprised how big a sway Joe may have. If I remember, there were some big named teams after CJ.
        CJ showed no allegiance to UC when he chose two other places before coming to UC. I don't feel we owe him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

CJ showed no allegiance to UC when he chose two other places before coming to UC. I don't feel we owe him.
          Understood - but feelings often get hurt if you are entitled.

Comment

• ^^^

In somewhat limited action this year, C.J. shot 42.6% from three and gave them some good minutes, most notably in the 2-point win at UCF on February 17.

UC has 1 scholarship open as it stands, and they are unlikely to land any other starter-level player (absent a surprise like Aziz staying in the draft and having a ton of PT to offer at the 5). Obviously, without CJ they would have two spots to fill (and, still, unlikely to make a splash with the remaining portal options). If he is/will be healthy, I don't see any reason to try to run him off.

I would be happy for him to come back and hopefully end his career on his own terms.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
              ^^^

In somewhat limited action this year, C.J. shot 42.6% from three and gave them some good minutes, most notably in the 2-point win at UCF on February 17.

UC has 1 scholarship open as it stands, and they are unlikely to land any other starter-level player (absent a surprise like Aziz staying in the draft and having a ton of PT to offer at the 5). Obviously, without CJ they would have two spots to fill (and, still, unlikely to make a splash with the remaining portal options). If he is/will be healthy, I don't see any reason to try to run him off.

I would be happy for him to come back and hopefully end his career on his own terms.
              only if he is fully healthy and plays the major majority of games. I would be happy as the Cats need his shot.

Comment

• Aziz was not one of the 78 players invited to the NBA draft combine.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2024/05/...t-combine.html

Comment

• Do we have a backup plan if Aziz goes pro?

Comment

• Originally posted by westside bearcat View Post
                    Do we have a backup plan if Aziz goes pro?
                    No, only Arrinten Page (6' 9"), and two incoming 6' 9" freshmen.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by westside bearcat View Post
                      Do we have a backup plan if Aziz goes pro?
                      Things change, but the plan was for Aziz to put his name in the draft and get feedback but ultimately come back.

If hypothetically he didn't return, UC would have a lot more playing time to offer (and NIL $ I'm sure), so I don't think it would in theory it would be an issue.

Comment

Things change, but the plan was for Aziz to put his name in the draft and get feedback but ultimately come back.

If hypothetically he didn't return, UC would have a lot more playing time to offer (and NIL $ I'm sure), so I don't think it would in theory it would be an issue.
                        except most of the bigs have already committed.

Comment

except most of the bigs have already committed.
                          Still plenty out there, but to your point maybe not many uncommitted starter-level centers left (also note that there have been multiple transfers who have committed to once school and flipped to another so you never really know...).

Good news is that Aziz should be back, so likely moot.

Comment

Still plenty out there, but to your point maybe not many uncommitted starter-level centers left (also note that there have been multiple transfers who have committed to once school and flipped to another so you never really know...).

I always thought he would be , but the lure of money is very strong. He has already jumped to many schools, so he doesn't show loyalty.

Comment

Can a player flip after deadline to enter the portal? Is that considered decommiting and free to sign elsewhere, or is that considered re-entry into the portal?
                              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Can a player flip after deadline to enter the portal? Is that considered decommiting and free to sign elsewhere, or is that considered re-entry into the portal?
                                Raises an interesting question, but the short answer is yes you can flip
                                https://www.pilotonline.com/2024/05/...erring-to-vcu/

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X