No announcement yet.

UC / U of L / UConn to ACC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think you can get to four conferences without some kind of merger between the Pac 12 and Big 12. Four conferences may not be the final destination, but if it is there will probably be an east coast conference. B1G (North/Midwest), SEC (South), Pac 12 (West), and ACC (East) would seem logical. I think there is just as much of a chance to have 5 major conferences though.

Comment

• What now for Cincinnati and UConn?

Andy Katz:
      There is a perception at Cincinnati and, to some extent, UConn that the ACC will at some point lose at least two more programs to the SEC (Florida State and Clemson?) and two to the Big Ten (some combination of North Carolina, Virginia and Georgia Tech?). The idea is that UC and UConn will get into the ACC -- not a question of if but when.

ACC commissioner John Swofford made it clear -- yet again -- that he likes the number 14 for football (15 for hoops with Notre Dame) and that there is no fear the league will lose any other members. North Carolina and Virginia have publicly stated their commitment to the ACC. Remember, though, no one had visions of Maryland leaving a few months ago either.

The issue for both schools is that they have no other option. As Manuel acknowledges, they have to keep doing well and prove that their athletic programs are worth the ACC's investment. North Carolina's outgoing chancellor, Holden Thorp, didn't mince words on Wednesday's teleconference. The choice of Louisville had nothing to do with academics and everything to do with deliverables on the field and court and in financial support and facilities.
      http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ege-basketball

Comment

• Originally posted by jadam222 View Post
        No, we could never get where we want to go staying put. There is not enough revenue.
        I wasn't suggesting that we should "stay put". But rather that an invite to a stable ACC or Big 12 might be more likely if Maryland proves that it is VERY costly to leave the ACC.

Comment

• I think at some point in the next 2 years we end up in the ACC which will look a like like the old Big East. The only problem with that is I think the Big 4 will try to go to 16 each and set up a perfect (for them) playoff system. They will have the conference championships. Then the champions of the Big 4 conferences will have a playoff for the National Championship. It's too logical not to happen. I don't think we make it into a Big 4 of 16 teams each. We will get cut out of that but we could be in a somewhat strong remaining ACC.

Comment

• I am seeing a lot of birds chirping (tweets) about Ga. Tech going to the B1G and they are just waiting on the 16th member.

I know... its twitter and if everything said on there was true we would be in the ACC. Now if we truely are the next best option for ACC, this might be good news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat22 View Post
              I am seeing a lot of birds chirping (tweets) about Ga. Tech going to the B1G and they are just waiting on the 16th member.

I know... its twitter and if everything said on there was true we would be in the ACC. Now if we truely are the next best option for ACC, this might be good news.
              I noticed a lot of buzz about the GT rumor too... however, my gut tells me if that happens, I'm not sure we're first in line for the GT spot.
              Can't wait for some stability and understanding of UC's situation (in both coaching and conference rumors) - whatever the outcome.

Comment

• Now, the fallout of being left in the Big East as the bulk of the conference moved out is being seen.

We lost our coach, who couldn't get out fast enough. If we had made it into the ACC, maybe he stays?

And now, Whit has to recruit a coach to a team that will basically be in CUSA after next year.

More important than anything for the future of UC sports is that UC get into the ACC or Big 12.

We have a new, inexperienced president, and a new, inexperienced AD. I hope they are both up to the task at hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rational Cat View Post
                  Now, the fallout of being left in the Big East as the bulk of the conference moved out is being seen.

We lost our coach, who couldn't get out fast enough. If we had made it into the ACC, maybe he stays?

And now, Whit has to recruit a coach to a team that will basically be in CUSA after next year.

More important than anything for the future of UC sports is that UC get into the ACC or Big 12.

We have a new, inexperienced president, and a new, inexperienced AD. I hope they are both up to the task at hand.
                  It's the perfect $h!t storm surrounding UC right now. We need a bit of positive news.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjv780 View Post
                    It's the perfect $h!t storm surrounding UC right now. We need a bit of positive news.
                    Yes please!

We are on the edge....1 side is is green pastures...the other full of cow pies.

Comment

• How to get into the ACC:

1. Raze Nippert
                      2. Move football to PBS
                      3. Rebuild Fifth Third

Comment

• It's Christmas and we are being lead by Santa - time for the gifts

Comment

• Originally posted by bobestes View Post
                          How to get into the ACC:

1. Raze Nippert
                          2. Move football to PBS
                          3. Rebuild Fifth Third
                          Yep. And rebuild 5/3 on the Nippert site. We could still call it Nippert.

I thought about this all day. There's really no way to keep football on campus and advance the program.

Unless they start buying more property in Clifton to get it done. Demolish Hughes HS, put it in Burnett Woods, or put it in East Walnut Hills. Would improve the neighborhood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rational Cat View Post
                            Yep. And rebuild 5/3 on the Nippert site. We could still call it Nippert.

I thought about this all day. There's really no way to keep football on campus and advance the program.

Unless they start buying more property in Clifton to get it done. Demolish Hughes HS, put it in Burnett Woods, or put it in East Walnut Hills. Would improve the neighborhood.
                            But even that would require so much money as to be totally impossible. To build both venues would be too much.

I refuse to believe that with the banks and lots for tailgating, they can't come up with an acceptable game day experience at PBS.

Comment

But even that would require so much money as to be totally impossible. To build both venues would be too much.

I refuse to believe that with the banks and lots for tailgating, they can't come up with an acceptable game day experience at PBS.
                              Last time I looked outside, there's plenty of dirt we could use to fill the bowl with.

Comment

1. Raze Nippert
                                2. Move football to PBS
                                3. Rebuild Fifth Third
                                i've always been strongly against moving football to pbs, but i've recently just switched my opinion.

5/3 needs to be upgraded correctly...now. Nippert can still get renovated, but that can come later if there's an existing option two miles down the road.

...unless, of course, if both could be done simultaneously (blue sky).
                                Last edited by nolte50uc; 12-07-2012, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X