UC / U of L / UConn to ACC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rational Cat View Post
    This is the best news I've read in about a week concerning this; thank you for posting it. It gives me confidence that Babcock and President Santa are doing all they can do.

Reading through the comments of that article is awfully depressing however, all the anti-UC hate out there. I'd love to post on there (not gonna register though) that if UL beats Rutgers, and UC takes care of UConn, then UC wins a share of 4 of the last 5 Big East Football Championships.

Not Pitt, not Syracuse, not WVU, not UConn, not UL. Cincinnati I'd like too shove that in their nose, but then I wouldn't be the rational cat, would I?

These are times that make a man downright irrational.
    This is not good news.

If a school thinks they have a shot at an invite, they most certainly do not leak news of begging for an invite.

They do, however leak news of begging for an invite so that when they don't get one, they can say "see, we did everything we could"

Comment

Originally posted by bobestes View Post
      This is not good news.

If a school thinks they have a shot at an invite, they most certainly do not leak news of begging for an invite.

They do, however leak news of begging for an invite so that when they don't get one, they can say "see, we did everything we could"
      Get the media hype up to build traction in the public's eye?

Comment

How Maryland went broke, and still won the Golden Ticket:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...2_a9&eref=sihp

This will make you sick... I've often wondered how Maryland could wear different uniforms and helmets for every single game.

Or..how to do everything wrong, and still wind up on top of the world.

Life is not always fair.

Comment

This is not good news.

Word today on the Big East message boards is that both UL and UConn fell short of votes, and there was no other candidates.

I fear you are right.

Comment

Andy Katz just said during the IU-UNC game that UC is going all out trying to get ahead of UConn and Louisville.

Comment

This is not good news.

I do not see things as negatively as you.
              Public perception was WAY WAY out ahead for UofL and UConn. The University needed to do a public reality check. I think that this was well done.
              It is not meant as a campaign, it is meant as a reminder that there is a third school available and wait, it has better academics than Louisville and (currently) better all-round sports than UConn. It is not an excuse it is a break check; one that the ACC and B12 will both see and might play with as an idea grows on them.

Not everyone will like this strategy but I think it is smart and was necessary for the national conversation. It might have been better timed but it was more proactive than reactive, and well timed on the heels of today's ACC meetings.

Comment

@DanWetzel
                ACC sources say Louisville is clear leading expansion candidate but some still favor standing pat

@DanWetzel
                League presidents will vote tomorrow on UL per @ACCSports

@Mengus22
                According to @ACCSports, the ACC will vote tomorrow to either invite Louisville, or nobody

Comment

Either way UC is going to be stuck in a conference where all the teams that have been here more than a year want out, but no one wants to take them so all of our schools will pretend they want to be here.

Comment

I think it may be possible that UC made a renewed pitch today because it looked like neither Conn or UL could get the necessary nine votes for admission. So UC could be the compromise choice; better football than UConn, and better academic profile than UL, with an endowment larger than UConn and UL combined. However it now appears that a vote at 7:00 AM tomorrow is to approve UL or nobody. Just guessing but I think they will approve UL. I think ESPN wants UL, and that's all that really counts. I also don't think UC intentionally leaked the story today, but it came from another party, and ESPN hyped it to death to kill UC's chances.
                    Last edited by longtimefan; 11-28-2012, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Not sure if this was posted:

http://www.accsports.com/blogs/david...ay-morning.php

No way they vote more than one school in RIGHT NOW..the league would see it as looking too needy..I'm afraid if anyone gets an invite tomorrow it will be Louisville...better bball program, football on the rise with chuck strong, an on campus stadium that fits, and they are in the "south", like most of the other ACC schools that are voting in the morning. Seeing how its up to the masses, I don't see us getting an invite TOMORROW...But I still have hope
                      Last edited by bcbearcat12; 11-28-2012, 02:09 AM.
                      Alabama, Cincinnati, Oklahoma, Oregon and Virginia Tech are the only schools with atleast 10 wins in 4 of the last 5 seasons.

Comment

A lot of "sources" on Twitter are saying UL will most likely get the invite. Hope they are wrong.

Comment

It Sickens me how ESPN is such a manipulator of the conferences, they are already reporting that Louisville will be added to the ACC over Cincinnati. Someone at ESPN is either a Louisville alum or Xavier Alum, whatever the case they do not like UC.

Comment

I have faith in our new Prez...he'll get UC into the ACC.

When Mick is holding that trophy in the Georgia Dome in a few months the ACC will be begging us to join!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ls-source-says

As predicted

Comment

Appears to be done deal Louisville only, sucks to be us..

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=8685541

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X