UC / U of L / UConn to ACC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jplog View Post
    Yet another reason to hate OSU and Urban Meyer came to light in the Enquirer today. Seems Urban declined to make a phone call on UC's behalf to the ACC concerning conference realignment. The man seems to try and forget he's had any association with this university.
    Here's what his sister, UC vice provost Gigi Escoe, had to say:

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...nclick_check=1

The email and other documents, obtained by The Enquirer through an Ohio Public Records Act request, also show that UC tried to enlist Ohio State University football coach Urban Meyer, whose sister works at UC. Urban used to coach at Notre Dame, which has joined the ACC for sports other than football.

But Meyer eventually backed away from that request.

“While he is comfortable telling folks he cares deeply for UC and that he knows we are a great school, with great people and great leadership, he thinks his calls would feel contrived and that they would not have an impact,” wrote Gigi Escoe, a vice provost at UC and Meyer’s sister, to Babcock Nov. 27.
    I don't think Meyer could have done UC any good trying to get them into the ACC. Why would the ACC listen to OSU's football coach?

And I certainly would never expect OSU to help us strengthen our football program in any way, shape or form. It would not serve their purpose of total recruiting domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rational Cat View Post

I don't think Meyer could have done UC any good trying to get them into the ACC. Why would the ACC listen to OSU's football coach?

And I certainly would never expect OSU to help us strengthen our football program in any way, shape or form. It would not serve their purpose of total recruiting domination.
      Totally agree....i dont think the ACC would have said, "wow...urban meyer called us. We totally have to let them in now."

We all know that he is not the most active alumni supporter, so why would he now try and help out? It would have been great if he had made the call on his own, but now that it leaks out that we reached out and he declined, it makes us look kind of desperate.

The big question is....did we reach out to nick lachey to make a similar phone call?

Comment

• Interesting that the enquirer would go to all the trouble to publish this information. Kind of wonder whether they see UC's success or failure as a factor in their standing. I think UC is the city's biggest employer. Sometimes i wonder if the population, and it's other entities/businesses realize it's in their best interest to help them.

Comment

• Originally posted by jplog View Post
          Yet another reason to hate OSU and Urban Meyer came to light in the Enquirer today. Seems Urban declined to make a phone call on UC's behalf to the ACC concerning conference realignment. The man seems to try and forget he's had any association with this university.
          So now you're going to bash Urban? First, the man works for a school in the B10 not the ACC. Second, he hasn't worked at ND in years (that is stupid on the paper's part to make that connection). Finally, I agree that his calling the ACC offices on behalf of UC would seem contrived.

Urban hated his time here because he thought he was better than he really was and thought he should have started @ DB. Truthfully, he was a better baseball player. Those wounds have healed over time and he has a fondness for his alma mater that was lacking before.

I think if he was asked his opinion, it would be favorable, but to expect a B10 coach to lobby on our behalf for entrance into a conference (ACC) where he seemingly has few connections is asking a little much.
          Last edited by RedRocker; 12-10-2012, 11:21 AM.
          RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
          CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

• Originally posted by binturong07 View Post
            Totally agree....i dont think the ACC would have said, "wow...urban meyer called us. We totally have to let them in now."

We all know that he is not the most active alumni supporter, so why would he now try and help out? It would have been great if he had made the call on his own, but now that it leaks out that we reached out and he declined, it makes us look kind of desperate.

The big question is....did we reach out to nick lachey to make a similar phone call?
            I don't think it would have made a difference either and I do think we were desperate at the time. The point is when you have alumni donating hard earned money to UCats, saving to buy single game or even season tickets, or sending in what they can to help build a practice facility, one of our more successful fellow alumni who may have been in a postion to help refused to make a single phone call. Whether it would have helped makes no difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedRocker View Post
              So now you're going to bash Urban? First, the man works for a school in the B10 not the ACC. Second, he hasn't worked at ND in years (that is stupid on the paper's part to make that connection). Finally, I agree that his calling the ACC offices on behalf of UC would seem contrived.

Urban hated his time here because he thought he was better than he really was and thought he should have started @ DB. Truthfully, he was a better baseball player. Those wounds have healed over time and he has a fondness for his alma mater that was lacking before.

I think if he was asked his opinion, it would be favorable, but to expect a B10 coach to lobby on our behalf for entrance into a conference (ACC) where he seemingly has few connections is asking a little much.
              Urban Meyer has coached in the SEC and now for O$U. So, it's obvious he is a piece of crap cheater. I'm more sorry than he is that he was ever a bearcat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rational Cat View Post

I simply fail to understand why he would be asked to do that. We are their top threat in this state.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedRocker View Post

"So now you're going to bash Urban?" Did my previous comment about playing in PBS upset you or what? Relax, this board is for different points of view. As for Urban, I really don't care about why he has bad memories of UC. You seem to have all that information. He's a UC alum. He was asked to try and help with a difficult situation and he declined. Whether it would help or not he could have tried. He said no and that says alot about him. Again, not trying to rub you wrong but other viewpoinst are what a forum is about.

Comment

• Originally posted by binturong07 View Post

We all know that he is not the most active alumni supporter, so why would he now try and help out? It would have been great if he had made the call on his own, but now that it leaks out that we reached out and he declined, it makes us look kind of desperate.?
                    Whit seemed to think ND may be a shot caller in this, and that Urban may have sway with relevant parties there. I'll defer to Whit on that one.

I don't think it makes us look desperate. His sister is a high-ranking UC official. If he was tight with anyone involved in the decision it definitely makes sense to have him work the phones.
                    U.C. Law '09

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X